A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,665
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [RESOLVED 04/20/10] Can't type long replies with Internet Explorer 8  (Read 9850 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010 09:24:19 AM »

There was another post about this awhile back.  If you're using IE8 it's a problem.  There's a button at the top of your screen, to the left of your refresh button.  It's a compatibility button.  If you click on it, it's supposed to stop the screen from messing with you.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it's worth a shot, especially for long posts.

The only other option that you have it to type your entire post into notepad or wordpad, and then copy and paste it into Craftster.  As far as I know, this is the only place on the planet where it's a problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects-shooting for 100--- 60 done
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010 09:52:55 AM »

Hiya, irish_chicky!  Definitely click the Compatibility Button that pinokeeo just mentioned.  It should solve the issue for you. Smiley

I'm going to merge this thread with the other full thread about it.  Basically, some websites are not compatible with IE8.  IE is aware of this and included a built-in fix for affected websites (such as ours).

We're definitely not the only website with this issue, though.  I'm sure this list has been greatly reduced since 2009, but originally there were 2400+ major websites with IE8 rendering issues.  If you're into the techy side of things, here is an article that is fairly interesting to us geeks Cheesy http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/02/21/more-about-2400-websites-and-ie-8-compatibility-list  I think many people first notice it here because it's common for us to type ridiculously long posts due to tutorials, swaps, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes!
irish_chicky
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010 03:55:47 PM »

oh perfect! Thank you guys!! That did he trick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010 02:03:23 PM »

Hi, guys!  Just wanted to update you that a possible fix for this (on our end) is currently in production.

Thanks for your continued support around such issues as this. Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010 05:42:52 PM »

This IE 8 issue should be resolved with today's release! Smiley http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=345053.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010 05:44:08 PM »

This IE 8 issue should be resolved with today's release! Smiley http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=345053.0
YAY! Cheesy Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DancinInTheDark
Klutzy Paparazzi! ;]

Yeah, Train rocks. Best band ever!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010 02:39:15 AM »

Luckily, no other problems have arisen for me.  It really is the long posts (ones where the scroll bar appears)...it happens in typing them or modifying....the text box jumps to the middle not allowing me to see what I'm typing....thank goodness I know the code pretty well Wink....and the only other thing is that the glow turns out more a highlight...as mentioned above.

Tongue too bad I can't just send you my laptop or have you link to mine...for I have no clue what is causing it......I haven't downloaded anything else in months...and I have re-cleared, defraged, scanned, etc.....to no avail

Thank you so much for helping me!!! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

I had that problem too. It drove me insane. I first noticed it at school last term when I got on here during free time. My school doesn't have IE8 though-they have Windows XP and IE7.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me + Craftster = LOVE. Wink
Hey soul sister, ain't that Mister Mister playin' on the stereo, radio? -Train
http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-173x63Alt1.jpg
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Mix Acrylic Paint Colors
How to Keep Acrylic Paint from Drying Too Fast
How to Paint a Simple Background with Acrylic Paint
How to Paint with Acrylic Paint: Perspective
How to Paint a Mottled Background with Acrylic Paint
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...