A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: April 2009 Birthday Swap  (Read 3923 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kayrun
« on: April 02, 2009 10:45:14 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO.  THERE WILL BE A TEST.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.
The first 3 Craftsters to sign up will have extra time to choose a partner....
after that, I ask that you notify me of your choice of craftee within 3 days of posting your list.

Swap name: April 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kayrun

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range:  April 2- April 30
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range:  April 2- April 30
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 13 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday craftsters list that is posted, rather than only picking the last one.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in April, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval.

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299406.0

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim, they may claim again after their first claim is received. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail birthday card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both me (kayrun) AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If I do not receive PMs from you when you send and receive, you will be left Poor Communication in your feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen.
It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

Please make sure to put April Bday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications.  The most important thing to me is communication.  Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  Also PM me with the date of send-out, (two weeks after your claim) that I will have listed, to make it easier for me to update things.

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap-  April 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 13 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting?
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Test: What happens if you do not pm me by your send-out date?
Test: Where do we keep all chit-chat?

If it is not your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- April 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Chosen craftster and item:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299406.0
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009 02:31:06 PM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayrun
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009 02:07:55 PM »

Participants!
feedback left

Birthday Swappers:
1.  Belladune (April 8 ) (has 2 presents coming)
2.  puffy (April 21) (has 2 presents coming)
3.  Scotskipper402 (April 2) (has 3 presents coming)
4.  fochaux (April 5) (has 2 presents coming)
5.  IllusionsOfNormal (April 8 )  (has 2 presents coming)
6.  SprigofIvy *welcome first-time swapper* (April 17) (has 3 presents coming)
7.  missapril (April 3) (has 3 presents coming)
8.  zombiekilla (April 23) (has 2 presents coming)
9.  chanemza (April 18) (has 2 presents coming)
10. LunaKitten (April 30) (has 2 present coming)
11. ellenmarie (April 24) (has 3 presents coming)

Non-Birthday Swappers:
1.  feelix (TY note rec'd from IllusionsofNormal)
2.  phnxreign99 (TY notes due from puffy, ScotSkipper402, ellenmarie, Lunakitten, and chanemza)

SENT
RECEIVED
Sending late with communication
Please PM Organizer

Claims:

Send by April 19:
puffy to fochaux - - pot holder/hotpads
Belladune to puffy - - cupcake pillow

Send by April 20:
fochaux to Belladune - - an apron (with agreement for extra crafting time if needed)

Send by April 21:
Belladune to SprigofIvy - - Felted bowls, and perhaps some hand spun yarn
SprigofIvy to Belladune - - an ipod case, as well as a surprise gift
IllusionsOfNormal to SprigofIvy - - black & white serving tray
missapril to IllusionsOfNormal - - How to Crochet Kit (and some extras)

Send by April 22:
feelix to IllusionsOfNormal - - Smallish Fabric Wallet + extra (day or 2 of additional time needed to finish the extra)

Send by April 23:
zombiekilla to missapril - - Anything for/about your dogs
Scotskipper402 to missapril - - memorial for Americus (may need extension due to dental work)
Scotskipper402 to fochaux - - apron & something for your foster babies (ditto note above)
fochaux to zombiekilla - - thread catcher, yarn, & crochet hooks (may need 1 week extension due to machine being in shop)

Send by April 24:
phnxreign99 to puffy - - crocheted beret
phnxreign99 to ScotSkipper402 - - piece of jewelry

Send by April 25:
chanemza to zombiekilla - - swiffer wet cloths and a wisty surprise
LunaKitten to missapril - - 20 inchies

Send by April 26:
zombiekilla to chanemza - - photos/ephemera + crafty surprise
chanemza to LunaKitten - - jar of whimsies + surprise

Send by April 28:
ellenmarie to Scotskipper402 - - piece of jewelry
LunaKitten to ellenmarie - - paper crafty suprise

Send by April 29:
zombiekilla to SprigofIvy - - Homemade knitting needles

Send by May 7:
Scotskipper402 to ellenmarie - - an apron, and some books  sent twice as first pkg was MIA....

Send by May 8:
phnxreign99 to ellenmarie - - something related to writing
phnxreign99 to Lunakitten - - a wisty surprise

Send by May 10:
Belladune to Scotskipper402 - - handspun yarn

Send by May 13:
phnxreign99 to chanemza - - something mermaid related
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009 09:10:59 AM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009 04:45:03 PM »

Yay! this is so fun!  Okay, So I'm Kara, I'm for an itsy bitsy little town in Saskatchewan. (not going to tell ALL of you which one exactly, just incase of stalkers.  To easy to find me... ;P)  My big old 27th birthday is on April 8th.    I'm a SAHM [for the most part] of 2 little brats..... LOL Okay they are wonderful!   I've been happily married for almost 3 years. 
  I enjoy the following crafts:   Spinning, knitting, crocheting, sewing, needle and wet felting.  I dabble in the decoupage on occasion, as well as hand embroidery. 
 My favorite color does flip between chartreuse type greens and purples and pinks, Although I do like pretty much every color.  Brown paired with a bold color is wonderful.  Just not really into the camouflage type colors.   I can wear any color, I'm a neutral.  everything from fuchsia (though I don't tend to wear that anymore) to green, to blue, and even yellow.
 As funny as the 70's inspired april fools joke was, I don't like fabric patterns and motifs from the 70's.   Nor do I like 60's things, or 80's things for that matter. 
1950's housewife things are really neat.  I love that era.  Its my goal to be 1950's housewife. LOL

I'm going to go ahead and give my measurements on here, just incase someone wants to sew me up some of the items listed below,  so please be nice! (I'm not big, but small people get hate on too....)
bust-33.25inches
waist-30inches(darn babies....... Wink)
hips-39iinches
height-5' 2.75'' (yes, the .75 is very important.) (also I'm mostly legs, and have a shorter torso, but do like tops longer.)

crafted items:
~iPod nano cover/holder (I discovered I have no where to put the thing while sewing, so something that would attach to my body and keep the headphone wires out of the way.)  Thank you Puffy!!!!!!
~An apron.  one that covers well.  I'm a messy cook.  Thank you Fochaux!
~ An infinity swim suit top, yes, swim suit.  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=250557.0
~ An infinity dress
~ wall letters that spell out: family, love, hope   the colors of our living room are brown and Blue, varying shades from almost navy to pale baby blue.  going for a contemporary family friendly  theme. (roughly 20x7 inches for the longest word)  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=297407.0
~ T-shirt made to look vintage that says "Circa 1982" (if it come originally vintage thats cool too.)

Supplies:
~jar of whimsies- geared towards sewing and embroidery
~embroidery hoop
~orifice hook (now this can go above too, in the crafted items,  I think I'm going to start to collect neat and different orifice hooks)
~Roving- all types/sorts/colors
~crazy Batts for spinning
~normal batts for spinning 
~embroidery thread
~buttons

extras:
um, really, what every strikes your fancy.   We can leave those as a surprise if you wish to put something in.

Also, there is always my Wists (which is in my signature) and my favorite things made by others on my craftster profile. 
I think thats all I can think of for now. don't know if its okay to add things for a couple days, but I guess I'll just ask that in the discussions thread.... Wink

Thank you for having a look! 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009 09:13:16 AM by Belladune » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fochaux
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009 10:35:58 PM »

Hola!  My name is Melissa and I am a 27 (almost 28!  GULP!!!) year old nurse-turned-cosmetology student from Philadelphia PA.  My husband is active duty Air Force.  We are foster-adoptive parents who take in mostly newborns, some toddlers and an occassional older sibling.  I like vintage-y prints and I love jewel tones, but my favorite color is pink.  If you have any other questions or have ideas for something i didn't list feel free to PM me!  I love all things homemade

I like a variety of colors, my favorite being bright jewel tones (love red)  I also really like pink.  Detailed things like trim are great!  Our nursery for our foster babies is the fisher price rainforest thing and our big kids room is done in a beachy seashell theme.  master bedroom is like shabby chic roses.  both bathrooms are also roses though one is more of a yellowy backround color and the other is more burgundy & cream

Items don't have to be from this list!  I'd love anything on my wist or ideas you come up with that draw from my wist or list below!  Everything is appreciated...for some people, some of my large things may be more medium and vice-versa, so use your personal judgement i say, after all a present is a present and it's really the thought that counts!

Large items:

an apron like this one!  I love how it looks like a dress from the front! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat2_list_11&listing_id=19436672  THANKS ScotSkipper!

a homemade diaper bag...I like lots of interior pockets and pouches

a zipper-closed wetbag

"tummy time" quilt

Medium items:

sewing machine cover (I have two so two coordinating, yet not matchy matchy ones would be nice...perhaps with various pckets for stuff on the outside)

organizer for my sewing box which is actually an antique train case (standard size about 5X 11 and 5-6" deep)

crocheted or knitted layettes, blankets, etc

books on crocheting or sewing (ones similar to in stitches or bend the rules sewing or the stitch 'n bitch series....I have the first three i listed and also the stitch n bitch for men one too but am always looking to grow my collection)

moby style baby carrier

ring sling

Small items:

burpcloths

flannel receiving blankets

cloth wipes

bibs

dishcloths

potholders/hotpads THANKS PUFFY!

crocheted/knitted pet stuff (we have a forever furbaby name Russell who is a clothes hog and is a mix miniature schnauzer/pembroke welsh corgi.....he takes more after the corgi in body type though)..

Supplies: 

any yarn (particularly sport & fingering weight baby yarns, kitchen cottons, & soft worsted weight like red heart soft yarn, simply soft, bernat satin)

any fabrics at least the size of a fat quarter (I really like funky, retro prints but any fabric would be fine...really prefer quilting cotton/flannel types)

any crochet notions

any sewing notions

cool sewing books like 'in stitches' or 'bend the rules sewing' (all of which i already own)

any crocheting magazines

Extras:

Chocolate truffles (I LOOOOOOOOVE truffles)

candies from the UK (particularly smarties and fruit pastilles...really REALLY like black currant ones....crunchies, any chocolates would do Smiley and lemon drops

potato chips (they have a worcestshire flavored one from walkers i think...again another UK thing LOL)

snacks in general

cookbooks/recipes

If you couldn't already tell i really like to eat.  i snack all day so something tasty and unique to your area would be cool

Thanks so much and a very happy birthday to all the other april babies! Smiley
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009 05:04:21 PM by fochaux » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Since my girls actually nap (knock on wood), I am going to start trying to work off my negative feedback.  Life got hectic with their early arrival.  I apologize for the inconveniences my flaking caused.
puffy

I'm not short! I'm just an out-of-season leprocahn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009 08:07:17 AM »

Hello and happy birthday! My name is Sean and Ill be 18 on the 21st! Virginia is where I reside not sure what I should write in this bio portion Im a senior in high school (two more months; what will I do with myself after that?) In my spare time I am a violinist with a local orchestra and a crafster with fabric and paint!

I like vintage/retro/mod, cutsie/girly, and rockabilly I think thats what its called. I am also keen on neon colors, animal prints, classical music, cute food, dia de los muertos, hello kitty, sparkle and glitter, pink, Paris, and bird watching.

Anything inspired by my wist is fabulous. I think it has some good examples of my birthday list items. Im still adding to it.  http://wists.com/coolymoo

My birthday wishes:

A beret!!!! Or other slouchy hat. Im starting a collection. Thanks, phnxreign99.

A cute tote for school books with long-ish handles

A medium-ish purse with a long-ish strap in unique fabric. I really need a new one! It would be cool if it fastened close.

A large, decorated binder. One with lots of pockets and stuff, you know?

Jewelry! Any kind, except earrings. I pretty much fail at making jewelry, so I will admire anything made for me.

Hair stuff!!! Im about to get my hair cut pretty short, so I would love some hair bands, barrettes, bows, clips and anything else to accessorize while Im getting use to it.

A pillow featuring a cupcake. It's a bit random, but the more I think about it, the more I really want one! Thank you, Belladune.

*More coming soon

Supplies/Extras!
Fabric scraps! My supply is running low.
Scarves and bandanas
Retro t-shirts for reconstruction
Junk jewelry
Corks
Stencils
Rit fabric dyes
Old craft books or magazines you could part with
Old craft supplies you could part with (ribbon, buttons, stamps, stickers, beads, zippers and so on)
Badges
Patches
Postcards (really great, cheap art!)
Tea

Thanks for making my birthday happy! You guys make the best stuff.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009 12:25:41 PM by puffy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SprigofIvy
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009 03:30:02 PM »

Hi All,

This is my first swap!!!

I am Ivy, from Saskatchewan as well, and my 24th birthday is April 17.  I am married to my wonderful husband Aaron, and I work at the University of Saskatchewan in Recruitment.  I have a B.Mus (Mus Ed), B.Ed and am finishing my B.A. in History. I also am part of the military, working instructing our air cadets.

I enjoy the following crafts: crochet, knitting, scrapbooking, sewing, cake decorating and really almost anything!

My favourite colour is lime green.

Things that I would enjoy
1. Bright, fun purses/bags
2. felted bowls Thank you Belladune!
3. A Serving Tray (black & White) Thank you Illusions of Normal
4. flowers for hair, or brooches (fabric, silk, etc)
5. Anything with a musicy theme.
6. Bath/Body stuff, esp all natural (fav scents are vanilla, and citrus)
7. Funky storage containers (fabric, recovered, etc.)
8. Homemade knitting needles (green, sparkly etc) Thank you zombie Killer
9. Jewelry - classy stuff.
10. Celtic Inspired things...
11. Table cloth, and place mats
12. Flapper Hat
13. Record purse lined with music print
14. Guitar Hero Scarf
15. Puzzle Soap
16. Tea Cup Candle
17. Poppy Mugs

Supplies/Extra
Fabric scraps!
Misc Ribbon, other craft supplies
buttons
yarn

Others
-Surprise me!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009 10:32:08 PM by SprigofIvy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
IllusionsOfNormal

Some pursue happiness, others CREATE it!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009 03:41:16 PM »

Hi!  My name is Eden and I am turning 32 on the 8th.  I live in Alabama & am a working mom who is active in church choir & teaches Sunday School.  I love to craft in almost every medium, although my skills with yarn are sadly lacking.  I love all things lemon (scented, flavored, designed).  Butterflies & turtles are my favorite animals.  I love deep toned wind-chimes.  My most favorite book ever is Pride & Prejudice.  Blue is my favorite color, any shade will do.  I also enjoy jewel tones, turquoise/lime combo or earthy blue/green/tan combos.  I prefer silver or copper over gold.  I LOVE surprises, so if something on my wists or in my profile inspires you, feel free to craft for me using your favorite method.

My wishlist:
     Copper Wire Wrapped jewelry with blue or green beads
     Amigurumi kitten (there is an ADORABLE ami kitty on a rug with a string of lights in my favorite projects on my profile)
     Smallish Fabric Wallet with at least 3 card slots and a coin/money section THANK YOU FEELIX!!!
     Set of 6 washable fabric placemats with whatever inspires you from my info for embellishment
     Handmade soaps, citrus or food scented
     How to crochet starter kit    THANK YOU MISSAPRIL!!!
     Reusable shopping bags that fold up into a pocket on the front
     Small tatted butterflies
     Anything from or inspired by my wists
     Knit bathmat (see wists)
     A ricebag neck warmer &/or ice pack holder with long straps that velcro to hold it on the booboo.  I would use mine for TMJ pain mainly, so straps long enough to go around my face would be great.

Extras:
     Scrabble tiles
     Vintage/novelty buttons
     Rub on butterfly tattos
     Beads
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009 03:46:12 PM by IllusionsOfNormal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

my wists:  www.wists.com/IllusionsOfNormal
missapril
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009 06:03:03 PM »

Hi Everyone!! I'm a newbie to this whole *Birthday Swap* thing, but I'm really excited for it!!

My name is April, and I turned 25 on April 3rd! I live in Northern Wisconsin with my boyfriend, 2 crazy dogs, and futurebaby to be born around July 4th.    I love to knit and crochet, and recently bought a new sewing machine, so I am slowly learning to sew as well.  I scrapbook, make jewelry, paint, draw, photography, and dabble in just about everything I can.

I am very VERY lucky to be having a girl, because I love all kinds of pink, sparkley, fluffy things.  I am actually really easy to please,  between this list and my Wists I  have a lot of things, and even related things would be greatly appreciated.  I love surprises!!

Things I generally love:

Hello Kitty
Cheerleading
Johnny Cash
"Vintage" Nintendo (Mario stuff)
Tetris
Tattoos

Crafts:

*Queen size comforter cover. Can button or tie, in chocolate brown and robin's egg blue color combo

*Fabric inserts for my mei tei.  I made this awesome mei tei in black, and the panels can be made with a fat quarter (and 2 strips of the soft side of velcro)

*Cloth Diapers or diaper covers (any size, girlie color) (also: wetbags, diaper pail liners with drawstring, wipes, anything really)

*Anything memorial for Americus (the baby we lost August 2008, at 12 weeks)Thank you ScotSkipper402!!

*Swiffer (Wetjet) covers! Cloth/knitted/crocheted, anything goes!

*Pinup bathroom decor (soap dish, lightswitch cover, handtowels)

*Inchies!!  I need about 20 to complete the set I have to frame Thank you LunaKitten!!

*Anything for/about my dogs, Cash (English Pointer) and Icky (aka Ickis, Cocker Spaniel) Thank you zombiekilla!!

*Cropped Sweatpants.  I had this wonderful Old Navy kind, that had pockets, were capri pant length, and drawstrings around the bottom cuffs.  Size M-L (let me know if you'd like more specific measurements)

Supplies:

*Cool, textured, or unusual scrapbook paper or materials

*Army/Deployment/Baby Girl/Cheerleading/High school scrapbook materials

*Back issues of Knit.1 Magazine (anything after Summer 2007), Crochet Today (except Aug/Sept 2006), Bust or Mothering

Extras:

*Rice Krispy Treats
*Aero Bars
*Any Hello Kitty clippings or scraps
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009 01:52:52 PM by missapril » THIS ROCKS   Logged

xoxo - April
mama and missus :: as of 7/19 and 8/15

i have a wist
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009 09:02:40 PM »

Greetings, Fellow Airies!

My name is Melissa; I live in Arlington, Virginia just across the Potomac from Washington, DC.

My birthdays April 2, 1953. Yep, that old.

I LOVE hand-spun or exotic yarn, since Im a demon knitter. I love to sew: vintage buttons and trims are very welcome.

Jewelry the bigger and blingier to better. I love statement necklaces and honking big pins and mismatched earrings. Playing with beads and jewelry is lots of fun, so I love beads and supplies.[YIPPEE! ELLENMARIE IS SENDING DIXIE BLING!]

Also scarves and hats.[THANKS, FOCHAUX!] I have red hair and pale pale skin, so I wear hats all year round.

Bookmarks and chocolate and tea to enjoy while Im reading Jane Austen or Carl Hiaasen. ANY Angela Thirkell books would be welcome. I also enjoy vintage craft and sewing books.

My dining room has mutated into a home office/craft room, so Id love to have a pair of placemats for eating on trays.

Im a small-boat sailor, so I adore wool sox (size 8.5) and a thermal cooler for taking food and drink on the boat. Plus lots of nautical stuff -- except for sinking ships!

favorite colors: 1. ocean colors (aquamarine, teal, turquoise, yellow-green, gold, olive, sea green,) 2.  fire colors (red, orange, coral, rust) 3. chocolate colors

3 favorite patterns: Batik, stripes, tie-dye
Supplies: buttons; trims; nautical, Asian, French, historic, vintage stuff

Happy birthday, y'all Grin

MODIFIED:

I'm incredibly old, and still play with dolls. I'd LOVE some clothes for Barbie or Tonner Tyler.

and
BEADS
YARN
RIBBON
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009 05:29:35 PM by ScotSkipper402 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009 11:44:29 PM »

Hello all! My name is Karmen and I live in the fabulously cold land of Wisconsin! I will be the big 2-5 on April 23rd! I am getting married next year to a wondermus man. I have a (boy) chocolate lab fur baby named Frankie. I am addicted to tetris and WoW. (for the horde!!!) I am currently remodeling my bathroom in a video game theme. Green is my favorite color, all shades! I don't wear much jewelry but would wear a nice necklace,  I prefer silver or copper over gold. Penguins are my favorite animal. My Favorite movies are Wizard of Oz, Boondock Saints and The Salton Sea. I also LOVE zombies and horror movies. I love old school tattoo themes and new school with lots of colors! For color combos I love brown and just about anything. Im fat and proud. I love photography, sewing, painting (even though I'm not good at it) and general crafting. I am trying to teach my self to knit (not going great!) and crotchet (quite a bit easier). I work in an insurance office and have all kinds of silly things on my desk. I have a slight obsession with strong magnets. I love Natalie Dee. NO GLITTER!

Crafted:
scrap thread catcher thingy thank you times a million fochaux
anything Ludo (labyrinth) related
wind chimes
swiffer wet jet cover would be amazing thanks chanemza
anything gnome related
Mosiac House Number http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=297171.0
Emergency Zombie Defense Station  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=202668.0
Knife cozy
Robot Desk Organizer http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=208791.0

Supplies:
Yarn thanks fochaux
crotchet hooks thanks fochaux
sewing notions
tiny bits and bobs to fit into tiny jars I have
watch gears
Black sticky shelf liner

Extras:
chocolate
reeses cups
pocky!!!!

I like surprises, so you can always hit up my wists.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009 09:23:55 PM by zombiekilla » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bob Evans Sausage and Potato Skillet Breakfast Recipe
Herb Seasoned Chicken Crunch Recipe
Seasoned Oven Baked Fries Recipe
Square Deal Hamburger Recipe
Cheddar Steak Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...