A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,219
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Red sparkly awesomeness - Our invitations  (Read 822 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

heyitzme37
« on: April 02, 2009 03:11:45 AM »

I've been a member of Craftster for some time and reply to many posts but this is my first official one.  Just had to share our wedding invitations.  Compared to others on here they are pretty simple but I love them.  They came out just like I'd hoped.  Our wedding will be very small, around 55 people and just family so I only needed to make 24.  It will take place July 18, 2009 in a refurbished barn in our hometown so it's informal. The invitations reflect this.  It's going to be so much fun and will fit us perfectly.  Of course I'll post pictures after. 

Here is the front of the invite.  I purchased blank red cards and stamped and embossed the front.  That was a messy process and it was my first time embossing so I think they came out pretty good.  I then added the rhinestones and the lace.  Sorry about the glare.  It's much prettier in person.

Here is the inside with the enclosures.  It's pretty simple.  I just created a document for the text in a nice font and printed it out at home.  Then used decorative edge scissors to cut them out.  My hand sure was sore after that.  The ribbon holds the enclosures in place.  The top one is the directions and other things our guests need to know.  The picture is of the barn where we are going to get married.  On the back is information about dress, pictures (our guests will be our photographers) and our guest book which will be a scrapbook I'm making and we are asking everyone to bring a picture of themselves or one of us with them.  I'll post pictures later of the scrapbook.  The RSVP card is just really simple.  Since it's all family we are saving ourselves the extra stamp and just asking everyone to call, email or use our website to RSVP.  It was a lacy border around it and I just printed them off on cardstock 4 to a page and cut them apart.

Let me know what you think!  Thanks for checking them out.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009 05:09:51 AM by heyitzme37 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kneser
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009 04:02:54 PM »

Those look fantastic.  I love the lace and that it is functional as well as decorative.  Your guests will love that they are handmade.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Spiritual Guru Michael Beckwith
NFL Coach Brian Billick On More Than a Game
Author Geneen Roth Discusses Her New Book Women, Food, and God
Actor George Wendt on the Creative Process Behind His New Book
Joe Wallace Talks About His Book Diamond Ruby
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...