A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I love love love Amanda Plamer and Geshias (img heavy) **Update**  (Read 9309 times)
Tags for this thread: makeup , geisha  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chicanapunk84
I like my vodka like I like my men, hard and cheap!

Craft or dye!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 01, 2009 08:20:25 PM »

This is my lame attempt at a makeover to make me look like a cross between both.

The Dresden dolls:

And me:
***You can totally see my eyebrows cause I refuse to shave them.***

I plan on rocking this look in super casual clothes at first friday this week.

**UPDATE**
Haven'd had a chance to brave this at First Friday but have been practicing. Well I'm still using crappy grade makeup and possibly too much.
(brows are still a problem too)

And some fun with my DS i (my fav. of all my birthday presents)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009 01:07:17 AM by chicanapunk84 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

They'll say just let her crash and burn she'll learn
The attention just encourages her
dark_eyed_evil
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009 08:40:50 PM »

go easier on the white makeup
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My specialty is pushing doors that say pull.
BossyLibraryLady
Resident Gorgon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009 08:57:58 PM »

Practise makes perfect. Smiley Work on blending your whiteface and rouge more evenly, and make the line between your natural skin colour and the foundation less abrupt... it makes a huge difference. Also, if you don't want to shave your eyebrows, you can cover them with mortician's wax to give you a smooth surface to draw the swirly bits on.

You're certainly off to a good start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Glitter is like the herpes of craft supplies. Once it's on you, prepare to have it on you FOREVER." -Demetri Martin
morning_town
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009 09:32:17 PM »

Looks like you had tons of fun doing that!

My tip is with the lipstick. What geisha's do, and also the girl in the picture, is not fill in the whole lips. They make their mouth seem thinner so they don't go all the way out.
It's kind of difficult to understand so I tried to doodle it out on my laptop, haha.

btw, your hair is absolutely adorable!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009 10:05:53 PM »

The best way IMO to get the white to look its best is to apply it with your fingers then smooth it by dabbing with a make up sponge. Wiping makes too many streaks. After applying the white dust a coat of white powder to lock it all in place and keep finish smooth. After all your makeup is applied, spritz with water to set it in place so it won't melt off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
chicanapunk84

Craft or dye!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009 11:20:46 PM »

LOL I knew I went a little over board on the crappy grade white face paint. I'm gonna look for something of better quality.

Also my roommate says that drag queens use Elmer's glue stick for their brows. Has anyone heard of this? It sounded like a cheaper fix than the wax.

Sucks that this is all such short notice cause I've found so many helpful things that can be bought on line. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009 12:05:39 AM »

Yikes! I'd be afraid to use glue on my eyebrows no matter how water soluble! Wax really works and it's pretty cheap too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
twobluestripes
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009 01:40:17 AM »

i just love the origami flowers in your hair! i used to make that fold all day and pin them everywhere, like to my teacher's bulletin boards and stuff.

as far as the white goes, i read on a rocky horror make up site that to get the white powdered face to look right, it's really essential to get theatre grade makeup. the girl who wrote the site was a rocky veteran, and a couple of the characters need a pasty white face, but they don't want it clownish looking,  so she advised to stay away from the cheap halloween type face paint at all costs. i'm going to powder my face white for a 1700's make up look soon for the production of rocky i'm in (i'm just a tranny chorus member, so i can do whatever make up i like), and i'm thinking of usring my own naturally pale foundation and powder a white powder like baby powder over it, to see if i can get it even. it's hard to find that right balance! i guess you want it to feel translucent and glowing, but still be very pale and even.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chicanapunk84

Craft or dye!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009 10:52:45 AM »

i just love the origami flowers in your hair! i used to make that fold all day and pin them everywhere, like to my teacher's bulletin boards and stuff.

as far as the white goes, i read on a rocky horror make up site that to get the white powdered face to look right, it's really essential to get theatre grade makeup. the girl who wrote the site was a rocky veteran, and a couple of the characters need a pasty white face, but they don't want it clownish looking,  so she advised to stay away from the cheap halloween type face paint at all costs. i'm going to powder my face white for a 1700's make up look soon for the production of rocky i'm in (i'm just a tranny chorus member, so i can do whatever make up i like), and i'm thinking of usring my own naturally pale foundation and powder a white powder like baby powder over it, to see if i can get it even. it's hard to find that right balance! i guess you want it to feel translucent and glowing, but still be very pale and even.

Do you have a link to the site? I love all things R.H.P.S.!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009 02:46:22 PM »

Actually, if you're going for geisha style, they intentionally left an unblended stark edge to their white faces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cajun Spice Rub Recipe
Maine Lobster Salad with Chef Andrew Masciangelo
Rib ‘n Chicken Spice Rub Recipe
How to make a Vegetable Egg Bake Recipe
Cheezy Quackers Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...