A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yoga Pants - Tute w/pics [Edit, more pics]  (Read 48688 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , yoga_pants , tee_recon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

byrdstarr
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009 08:23:13 AM »

Hi there,

Love the pants! Forgive my absolute sewing ignorance...I am brand new to all of this! The step where you sew up the crotch confuses me--the curves of the shirt where the sleeves used to be are going in different directions, no? How do you sew them up without one of the pant legs going all wonky and sideways?

Thanks for the help!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TkRainy

Everybody wants a big ol' slice of a little pie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009 07:04:34 PM »

@byrdstarr: If you look in the comments on the first page, there's sort of a tutorial on how to sew up the crotch. This is my first tutorial, and I've never been good with words, I hope you'll understand that because I can't quite break anything down to nice and simple if I understand it when it's complex. I'm sorry! I'm only sixteen, forgive me..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009 12:22:40 PM »

Hi there,

Love the pants! Forgive my absolute sewing ignorance...I am brand new to all of this! The step where you sew up the crotch confuses me--the curves of the shirt where the sleeves used to be are going in different directions, no? How do you sew them up without one of the pant legs going all wonky and sideways?

Thanks for the help!!

made a pair this morning... and figured out a way to sorta skip the wonky part... took me about 20 min total... i will do another pair and post some pictures on here.....just want to ask TkRainy if she minds first.....since it is her post
THIS ROCKS   Logged

harmony758
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009 08:24:25 PM »

Thank you for the tut!  I'm pretty new at sewing and haven't been brave enough to attempt pants yet, but this looks so easy!  (And if I mess up, I'm ruined an old t-shirt instead of fabulous new fabric!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
byrdstarr
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009 01:31:18 PM »

TkRainy: No need to apologize. You posted a great tutorial, I am just a beginner!

onegroovyday: I would love to see your variation when you get the all clear!

have a great day everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TkRainy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009 02:03:26 PM »

It is definitly okay to post your pictures! I would love to see your pants! I handsew T.T so it takes me forever to make a pair. I made a pair last night, so I'll post the pictures as soon as I can... I'm at school at the moment. I really like the pair I made, but it's a button up and I measured wrong so the buttons aren't functional. I really wanted them be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TkRainy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009 09:27:08 PM »

Thank you for all the comments! If there's something that still not clear, just tell me and I'll do my best to clear it up for you.
I'm so happy that I don't have to cut through the image anymore!!! I'm sorry, I'm just so excited about that. It always made me sad when I thought about making a pair but didn't want to cut up something so cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adagia
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009 12:22:27 AM »

Ah! I've been looking for a tutorial like this for a long time! Thank you for posting this!

So, tonight I went ahead and took an old nightgown and tried the same technique to preserve the image on the front. Only.... when I sewed all of the seams up, I realized I'd made a HUGE error... I can't even get the pants on past my thighs, the waist is that tiny. >.<

With the old LiveJournal tutorial, I would have been able to add a 1-2 inch wide strip of fabric to the sides to help increase the waist/hip size... But with this technique, I really can't because the image is on the side.

Unless.. you have any ideas or tips for what I can do to increase the waist/hip size so I can actually get the pants on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009 07:59:02 AM »

Great tut and thanks for sharing!  Smiley

So, tonight I went ahead and took an old nightgown and tried the same technique to preserve the image on the front. Only.... when I sewed all of the seams up, I realized I'd made a HUGE error... I can't even get the pants on past my thighs, the waist is that tiny. >.<
Unless.. you have any ideas or tips for what I can do to increase the waist/hip size so I can actually get the pants on?
I know this is after the fact, but was the nightgown made from a stretch knit?  If not, maybe the fabric didn't have enough give to it?  Maybe try making the waistband from a different t-shirt that has some stretch to it.  Good luck.  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009 08:10:53 AM by runnermom100863 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.co m
Pamcake1323
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009 06:35:51 PM »

Oh wow! THank you (=

I have made these pants before and didn't like the design half on each leg.

You are brilliant (=

I know what I'm doing in the morning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Photoshop 1/2
how to Make a Picture Look Like A Painting in Photoshop
How to Create an Electric Text Effect In Photoshop
How to Use Camtasia Studio
How To Make A Custom Photoshop Brush
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...