A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yoga Pants - Tute w/pics [Edit, more pics]  (Read 50127 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , yoga_pants , tee_recon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TkRainy

Everybody wants a big ol' slice of a little pie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009 10:01:56 PM »

Thank you everyone! I feel loved ^^

When I thought of it, I was like I GOTTA SHOW THIS TO PEOPLE!
So, I didn't care if it were my first post or not.
Definitely is my first how to, though, I'm glad I did a good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewkrafty
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009 10:24:41 PM »

What a clever tutorial!  I have a couple old t-shirts that I'm going to experiment with.  Thank you for sharing.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chocolatebutton
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009 05:32:57 AM »

great tutorial i'm gonna have to try this out on a few old shirts i have. i was thinking about chucking them away but i might as well give them a new life now i have seen your idea! thank you  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bloodyraven
aka Parthenia

aka Parthenia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009 12:56:06 PM »

Thanks for the great tutorial!  I really like the idea of using the darker fabric as a lining.

I made a pair, and they turned out really well: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299512.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Parthenia

How about a dyeing techniques board?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=70328.0
kate42
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009 03:20:59 PM »

This is awesome, I can't wait to hack up some of my husband's shirts.

How do you make a waistband?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pfirsch

Una vida de miedo es una media vida

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009 01:25:57 PM »

This is my first post! I've been looking around craftster for a long time, though.

Jumpin right into this, I've seen a lot of tutorials on how to make a giant tshirt into pants; well, I don't like cutting through images and having half the picture on one side, half on the other. Sooo, I thought about it for about twenty seconds, and figured this would prolly work. and it did. I feel clever.

You should feel clever!  My one attempt at sewing my own pants didn't quite work, but your tutorial has inspired me to try again.  This tutorial makes so much more sense to me than the one from LiveJournal. 

I hope I'm not stepping on your toes, but I would like to offer an alternative method for sewing up the crotch (based on another pattern that I've seen for making pants).  It seems easier to me, if only because it is a little easier to control the seam allowance and keep it even.

Instead of sewing it like this:
You could do this: (Steps 9-12 in the picture)
  • Turn one leg right side out. Tuck it inside the other leg and pin them as shown so that the seams are together and the rounded edges are even.
  • Stitch this seam using a 1.5 cm (5/8 inch) seam allowance. Stitch slowly around the curve. You may need to stop and, with the needle in the fabric, lift the presser foot so you can pivot to stay on the curve of the seam. Remove the pins as you sew.
  • Stitch the seam again on top of your first stitch line to reinforce it. Trim the seam allowance to 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) and zigzag-stitch the leftover seam edges together.
  • Pull the leg out of the other one, but keep the pants inside out.
Taken from Canadian Living, PJ Party Style
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009 06:44:15 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Please remove IMG tags when quoting! Thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TkRainy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009 02:08:26 PM »

@ Bloody Raven: I REALLY like your pants, I have been searching for brown shirts both my size and larger, and I haven't been able to get any [for cheap] Thank you for linking to my tut!

@ Kate42: I used the sleeve from the blue shirt to make my waistband. I cut two bands 18 inches long [which is half the length around my waist] from the sleeve, one 1.5 inches tall and the other 3 inches tall. Then I trimmed the ends of the 3 inch band to 1.5 inches, widening until most the middle of the band was 3 inches. I sewed the two bands together at the end so it was a circle of fabric, then sewed this to the top of the pants.
It'd be easier to explain with pictures but I forgot to take some, I'm sorry!

@ Pfirsch: Thank you for the alternative, I can't believe I didn't think of that myself! I use that method all the time with sleeves T.T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lisa C
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009 07:28:33 AM »

I did this with an old button up of my husbands and had the buttons go down one of the legs really cute I think and the front shirt pocket is not on the back of the pants, the pictures aren't great but I think you get the idea.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amadea
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009 09:21:10 AM »

This is a really cool idea... I think I need some new pants. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.thepatternfactory.net/

Create you own sewing patterns - beta version and not yet completly translated, but just try it!
TkRainy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009 07:37:30 PM »

@ Lisa C: I've been thinking about making pants out of a button up I stole from my dad (well, he threw it out, I guess it couldn't be stealing) They turned out really cute, you've inspired me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Glamorous Waves in Your Hair
How to Do a Low Textured Ponytail
How to Style Thick Wavy Hair for an Oval Face
How to Style Curly Hair for a Long Face
How to Style Coarse Hair for a Round Face
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...