A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 45 - DONE  (Read 12839 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009 05:30:08 AM »

I claim bkrenning4 for a rotary cutter and mat!

This is my second claim this round (2,0,0)

Hi!  Im addicted to knitting, though I love many other crafts as well!  A Michigan (USA) native, I am enamored of watery landscapes and northern hardwood forests.  My deepest wish is to live on a lake or river.  I love snow and wintery landscapes, cool colors and corny humor.  I love superheroes and mourn the fact that Im fat and 50 superhero material beyond repair.  ☺  I wist.   

Enough about me: 

Crafted Items

fabric covered tacks

your rendering of my Jack Russell terrier in any medium (pencil, paint, embroidery, appliqu, etc.)

pottery, especially small bowls or mugs

moc-a-socs like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=290914.200

muppets pencil toppers - here's the bracelet that inspired this idea: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=228448.0

needle box http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=155698.msg1616647#msg1616647

posters for my office featuring anti-bullying messages in any medium (pencil, paint, embroidery, etc.) Examples:  Pick flowers, not fights!, Horseplay hurts!  Please act human (fake it if you have to).  See this website for other ideas: http://catalog.instructionalimages.com/product_info.php?products_id=37{1}1 

Poetry journal with your favorite (or original) works included

Notecards I love handcrafted notecards and use them for everything from swapping to thank yous!  If you have sent me notecards in the past, I am either using them and loving them, or they are all gone!
  I'm putting cards on hold for awhile!  I have lots at the moment!  Thanks everyone and PFD!

Handspun yarn, any colors, any amount - I love handspun yarn!

Tawashi - I like this one, in knit or crochet: http://www.craftstylish.com/item/43848/how-to-crochet-a-tawashi

Embroidered pillow cases in quiet colors for the master bedroom which is blue, guest bedroom is grass green (dh is daring with color) -- the bedspread in there is a quilt made with "eyeballs in the jungle" fabric

Anything from my wist (unless it's marked as "received")!  http://www.wists.com/addicted2knitting

Supplies

learn to spin kit with drop spindle and roving

10 inch Harmony straight knitting needles, any size 4 -11 http://www.knitpicks.com/Straight+Harmony+Knitting+Needles_NDSTNHarmonyneedles.html

natural fiber yarns, any weight, any color; I love wool of the Andes from knitpicks!

wool and acrylic blend yarn, DK or sport weight, any color

home decorator or upholstery fabric 

firm or extra firm stabilizer

fat quarters/fabric scraps

quilting supplies/ beginner patterns/ ideas

Books:
    Elizabeth Zimmermans Knitting Workshop 
    Knitting on Top of the World by Nicki Epstein

Extras

candies or foods unique to your locale
chocolate in all varieties
postcard from your town/country
tea, especially black (not a fancy flavor lover)  ☺
licorice (black - YUM!)
Fun badges/pins

Thanks for choosing me!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009 12:48:38 PM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmuffcake

Attached to Matt with E600.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009 12:31:02 PM »

I claim A2K for some embroidery fun.

2 claim, 0  sent, 0 rec.

Hi, my name is Kendy, I am 29, living in Modesto, CA. I am a vegan tattooed baker, stay at home girlfriend! I live with my Boyfriend Matt a indie film maker and my cat Mar who is awesome and covers everything in fur! Over the summer we bought a house and now are trying to settle in. I love getting packages and sending them, I am known at the post office.

[crafted]
-crochet Totoro or anything Totoro related

-ami creatures like zombies, pandas, cats...

-toys for Mar or anything a cat would enjoy (no food items - he is a picky eater), he is a big kitty to  and can be rough with his toys

-a round cushion that you can make and send unstuffed (to save on shipping) that I can stuff and hand sew for a vintage round suitcase I wish to turn into a cat bed

-PS3 cover for Matt, our living room is done in red, dark gray, black

-Anything Morrissey/The Smiths (I am seeing Moz in concert again in 2 weeks!)

-hair clips and bows, rockabilly style - I wear one daily! I stick to black, red, white, dots and leopard. Anything with a skull is a +.

-any art inspired by my cat Mar, pictures all over craftster of him

-anything dia de los muertos

-soy candles in yummy scents

-cute pin cushion, I seems to always misplace a needle - not good!

-anything from my wist (see profile)

-guitar purse from latest Craft magazine

-address labels with funky fonts and cute graphics (maybe a set for my business and one for home use)

-reusable grocery sacks - something with skulls maybe!

-bird feeders for our backyard (We like to get birds in the back yard for Mar to watch 'em)

-crochet sack boy doll (I love LBP!)

-1" buttons/pin back - will provide graphic

-Resident Evil  stuff - Matt's birthday is coming up in May and any lil goodies for his office would be great.

-large black hobo, when I say large I mean a book, bottle of water, cell phone and Ipod. I carry a lot!

-funky garden stuff, we have a arsty cool backyard that we are learning to care for after living in an apartment.

-cemetery photos that you have taken, cool old looking b&w please

-Virgin Guadalupe stuff or Holly Death stuff - both for our shrine

-incense - I like clean over musky

-micro fiber type cloths to help me dust, washable of course

[supplies]
-sugar skull molds (I already have the large 3D ones)
-Sublime Stitching patterns: Handmade Nation, Julie West, Forrest Friends, China Town
-dmc floss organizer
-ruff n ready shrinky dinks (they are sold out at every store around here!)

[extras]
-vegan candy
-organic tea
-vintage ceramic animal statues (little under 4 inch ones, esp, cats, pandas or skunks)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009 03:45:06 PM by missmuffcake » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009 08:20:00 PM »

I claim missmuffcake for a  crochet sack boy doll!

(1 claim, 0 sent, o rec'd)

Hello! I'm Sabrina and I live in Florida! I'm a 27 year old SAHM of 5 kiddos, a hubby and a dog! I love to craft everything and love to try new stuff. I'm pretty easy to please, and LOVE getting handmade goodies! I have no allergies that matter when it comes to swapping!

My fave color is blue, I love brown and pink or brown and blue together. My hubby just enclosed our back porch into a HUGE craft room for me to lock myself craft away in! I would LOVE stuff to help my organize all my new space (more info below!) We bought annual passes to Disney this year and have been going quite often, so stuff to help keep control of 5 kids and all their crap is awesome! My next big project is redecorating our kitchen, so fun new handmade goodies for in there would be awesome too (again more info below!)

Crafts I would love to receive:

ANYTHING from my wists - use it as inspiration or make something exactly as is! Everything is up to date and has notes on it!
A sturdy tote with pockets/dividers of various sizes for use when I take the kids to Disney Thank you missdisney!
Funky Earrings - the funkier the better!
Felt, crochet or knit foods/supplies for the kids play kitchen
Crochet hook roll-preferably in grey, lime green, or sky blue (to match amy butler's faded china lotus fabric)
Candles- natural colors, red and cream or a mixture of the two would be great colors too, or something to match the craft room(see above)! I like nice crisp clean scents, florals are ok too, nothing fruity or cinnamon
Yummy soaps! I like all kinds of scents so Im good with whatever!
Stuff for the kitchen since we are redecorating!! The colors are cream, red and a touch of grey. (the Amy Butler fabrics I am using are in my wists, I would love it to match those colors but it doesn't have to be her fabric, I know it pricey! lol) Stuff to hang on the walls would be good, bowls, containers, magnets, etc, really I am open to anything!
A hanging wall organizer, in light blue, lime green or grey colors (again to match the craft room colors listed above) for my new craft room! Inspiration:  http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/sf/organizing/fabric-wall-organizer-by-lotta-jansdotter-075816
Fabric boxes, in random sizes and light blue, lime green, or grey colors (see above)
Magnetic tins, for my new craft room too! Deep or shallow doesnt matter on size Inspiration: http://www.simpletins.com/images/magnetic_tins_round_shallow.jpg
Jars, tins, baskets, buckets, bowls or anything else to help organize all the crap my crafting and 5 kids can accumulate! Smiley

Supplies I'd love to play with:

Yarn - all kinds! Funky, normal, all colors
polymer clay stuff, tools, clay, whatever
resin molds and supplies
Jewelry making stuff
scrapbook paper
scrapbook punches
Any other scrapbook stuff
(feel free to destash!) - thank you princessblueberry! I can always use more!
Safety eyes
Also, feel free to destash on me

Extras

ANY extra is good with me!  Wink

Thanks for choosing me!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009 08:31:12 PM by bsonlytoots » THIS ROCKS   Logged

musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009 08:41:45 PM »

I claim bsonlytoots for a hanging wall organizer

Claim #1 this round

I am in my late 20s, full time SAHM to my 15 month old daughter, and part time childcare worker.  I live in the Denver, CO area.  Prior to my SAHM-ing, I was an elementary music teacher, so I love all things musical!  Crafts I like to do include scrapbooking, knitting, and sewing; although I do dabble in lots of different things.  I love earthy colors, especially browns, greens, grays, and blues.   I dislike neons, licensed cartoon caracters (think Dora, Disney, etc.), and skulls.

Crafts:

** Knitted or crocheted longies, shorties, or skirty for my munchkin PM me for exact measurements, but shes pretty much a medium
Yummy handspun yarn goodness
Sewing machine cover in a fun fabric
Skirt like this one  http://wists.com/6a3f325dcfa1a05b96d4c8f2e1d66085?q=skirt&offset=0 PM me for sizing info
** Cloth pads kinda hypocritical to cloth diaper, but use disposable pads, huh? 
** Vintage-y decorated tshirts, size L (I like the longer styles of tshirts) Examples on my wists
Knit socks, legwarmers, fingerless gloves, do you get that I am constantly cold during the winter?  Recycled is good, too Ive seen some neat legwarmers made from recycled sweaters!
Re-usable sandwich wraps
Everyday cloth napkins a set of 6 would be great, my kitchen is sage green, kind of a French country feel   thanks freestyle!  I could use one more set, maybe chocolate brown or tan?
Placemats maybe to match my napkins?  Or not, just placemats to match my kitchen would be great! 
Hooded scarf - knitted, this pattern http://wists.com/musicalmama/a9c6576c627a40e4a0f6347b0d987717?offset=0
Monster hat for my munchkin
Vintage inspired apron, examples on my wists
Penguin, owl, cat, or octopus amigurumi or stuffy, or any kind, really thanks antarcticraft!  You can never have too many stuffies!
Embroidered pillowcases for the master bedroom, quilt colors are either dark green, burgundy and pink, or dark green, sage green, and a medium country blue depending on which quilt Im using.  Im so lucky I have two quilters in my family!  I can get you a photo of the quilts if you need it.
Girl Poppet with fair skin (normal skin color) and some wild crazy hair color
Small to medium-sized pincushion I have a monster huge octopus one that I LOVE, but it is not very mobile.  I would love one that could go with me all over.  Maybe a wrist pincushion!
Handmade pottery a tea pot would be really great!
I like the idea of a ravelry surprise!  My favorites on ravelry are here: http://www.ravelry.com/people/musicalmama/favorites/patterns
A wists y surprise

Supplies:

**Snap pliers for resin/plastic snaps
Resin/plastic snaps (mostly white, but other colors are good)
Vintage childrens book illustrations (fairy tale stories) Im decoupaging an end table for the munchkins room.  I dont need the original illustrations, a good color copy will work just fine!
Cute fabric to make little girls clothing at least a yard
Vintage clothing patterns for toddler girl
Waste canvas for cross-stitch
Penguin fabric, any fun patterned fabric
Mens hoodie, size medium, without a zipper plain black (I cant find this anywhere!)
Embroidery stitch book/pattern book - Im trying to get back into this.
Handspun yarn goodness
Natural fiber yarn (wool, alpaca, cotton, bamboo, etc)
Needle felting kit I would love to learn this!
Polymer clay starter kit
Resin starter kit Id love to make some of those spoon pendants!
Spinning starter kit

Extras:

Postcard/photo from where you live
Anything penguin-ey
Chocolate  mmmm  Chocolate
Tea
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009 08:52:49 PM by musiclady » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunspotted
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009 09:01:17 PM »

I claim musiclady for ... a wisty surprise. 

This is my first claim, I'm in Canada and I'll BRB with my list.

Crafted Stuff (examples of most of these things can be found on my wist)

* Giant zippered WIP bag for toting around everything involved in making an afghan. 
* Black & white art for my walls - photography, sketches, charcoals (love), embroidery, anything.
* Bath poufs knitted/crocheted.  White preferably please.
* Wind chimes - something silvery or coppery or wood and tinkly (as opposed to loud and clanky -- thanks claire313, but I have a huge deck so there's plenty of room for another set or two Smiley
* Body pillow cases in blues and greens.
* I broke my magnifying compact and I still havent replaced it, and I thought someone might want to make me a decorated one??  Yes/no??   Must be magnifying, I am old and blind.
* Container for spare change.  I'd prefer one with a large lid as opposed to a traditional piggy bank slot.
* HUGE WISH!!  Dog seat cover for my Jeep, any colour that goes with beige.  Large dogs, so sturdy fabric is necessary. 
* Car trash bag.
* Embroidered tea towels in fall colours.
* Notecards that are blank inside to include in swap packages.  Crafty ones would be particularly awesome.
* Soft eye mask that you put in the freezer.
* Light (colour and weight) head scarves.

* I have a wist.  Its growing every day and I would love anything from it!

Supplies (I live far away from any and all craft stores, supplies are like gold to me)

* Black and white patterned scrapbook paper, not all the same, full sized sheets to put on my walls.
* Yarn I do not recognize the concept of too much yarn, it is impossible.  Nice acrylic is fine, worsted weight, I use it for everything including scrapghans, so scraps are fine too.  Theres no such thing as too much cotton (especially bright colours).  I've fallen in love with felting, so wool is fabulous, especially in blues and greens (for a kitty bed).  Id also love to try fancy types that I cant get here soy, bamboo, hemp, wool blends, etc.  Especially bamboo.  I have a project in mind for my mom that requires 4x80g of a bamboo yarn.  A bright or jewel tone colour would be fantastic.  I hate buying online, I always get the colour wrong.  This being said, I do not recognize novelty yarn (including the evil boucle) as actual yarn.  No need to send any of that. 
* BIG ENORMOUS DESPERATE WISH - I need 24 oz. of a worsted weight acrylic yarn in a bright ocean-y blue colour for my niece's afghan.  My only local source has nothing suitable and the colours online are so off that I have given up (I have ordered two different blues and neither one is right).  Any brand is fine.
* Crochet hooks - bamboo handles any size or an S hook.
* Bright blue and bright green fabric, solids or patterns.  Its for a patchwork quilt so smallish pieces are fine. 
* Scraps (no matter how small) of felt, any colours.
* Embroidery floss - white, light grey, light blue, light green and autumn colours.
* July/August Crochet Today! magazine.  Something went wrong with my subscription and they skipped that month.  Anybody done with theirs?
* Afghan patterns, especially the newer best of booklets that many yarn companies have.  The fancier, the better.
* Yarn bobbins.
* Seed beads, any colour.
* Soy wax.  I can't seem to find any locally.
* Black paint markers.
* Glue gun (used is fine and I'd love some glue to go with it), I keep giving mine away to the schools.  Smiley
* Tunisian crochet "kit", Id love to learn but have no hooks or directions.
* Freezer Paper.

Extras

* I never say no to sugarless gum or favourite recipes (especially for baking). 
* Maldon sea salt.  I can't find it here, my grocery store won't order it and I am craving pretzels like crazy.
* Other foodie extras, I LOVE to bake.
* Surprise me!  I like useful things as opposed to purely decorative.  Storage ideas are particularly appreciated. 

About Me

Hi, Im Allison, a 30-whatever year this is (39 now, I think) year old hermit from the wilds of Ontario.  Seriously, I have more deer and bears visit than people, and Im okay with that.  I am a jeans and t-shirts (and parka and giant boots) kind of chick who is completely ready for the apocalypse and would be happy to share her rutabagas and pemmican making skills with the people of Craftster.  I have two large dogs and three cats that think they are dogs.  My primary craft is crochet though Im attempting to work on my sewing, embroidery and knitting skills.   However, I have the attention span of a gnat, 47 different jobs and a 24 hour day is way too short.

I love nature and animals, music and books.  I like crafting for babies but would sooner chew off my own arm than have one.  I dont have a favourite colour though I do believe that yellow is best used sparingly and bright teal is a tool of the devil.  I refuse to acknowledge the existence of neons.   Every time I mention blue or green in my list, I am thinking of brighter, clearer colours as opposed to the navy, forest, khaki ones - think sky blue, apple green, leaf green, light turquoise, etc.  Im allergic to most metals and dont wear jewelry.  I don't have a sweet tooth but I'm addicted to coffee, gum and potato chips.  I never use a sentence when I can use an entire paragraph and getting a package in the mail is enough to prompt me to gleeful, dorktastically bad dancing. 

Thanks in advance to whoever claims me, let me know if I stall.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009 09:14:51 PM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009 10:11:46 AM »

I claim sunspotted right back for the ocean-y blue yarn - I'll be talking to you to find just the right one!

This is claim #2 for me (2, 0, 0)

I am in my late 20s, full time SAHM to my 15 month old daughter, and part time childcare worker.  I live in the Denver, CO area.  Prior to my SAHM-ing, I was an elementary music teacher, so I love all things musical!  Crafts I like to do include scrapbooking, knitting, and sewing; although I do dabble in lots of different things.  I love earthy colors, especially browns, greens, grays, and blues.   I dislike neons, licensed cartoon caracters (think Dora, Disney, etc.), and skulls.

Crafts:

** Knitted or crocheted longies, shorties, or skirty for my munchkin PM me for exact measurements, but shes pretty much a medium
Yummy handspun yarn goodness
Sewing machine cover in a fun fabric
Skirt like this one  http://wists.com/6a3f325dcfa1a05b96d4c8f2e1d66085?q=skirt&offset=0 PM me for sizing info
** Cloth pads kinda hypocritical to cloth diaper, but use disposable pads, huh?
** Vintage-y decorated tshirts, size L (I like the longer styles of tshirts) Examples on my wists
Knit socks, legwarmers, fingerless gloves, do you get that I am constantly cold during the winter?  Recycled is good, too Ive seen some neat legwarmers made from recycled sweaters!
Re-usable sandwich wraps
Everyday cloth napkins a set of 6 would be great, my kitchen is sage green, kind of a French country feel   thanks freestyle!  I could use one more set, maybe chocolate brown or tan?
Placemats maybe to match my napkins?  Or not, just placemats to match my kitchen would be great!
Hooded scarf - knitted, this pattern http://wists.com/musicalmama/a9c6576c627a40e4a0f6347b0d987717?offset=0
Monster hat for my munchkin
Vintage inspired apron, examples on my wists
Penguin, owl, cat, or octopus amigurumi or stuffy, or any kind, really thanks antarcticraft!  You can never have too many stuffies!
Embroidered pillowcases for the master bedroom, quilt colors are either dark green, burgundy and pink, or dark green, sage green, and a medium country blue depending on which quilt Im using.  Im so lucky I have two quilters in my family!  I can get you a photo of the quilts if you need it.
Girl Poppet with fair skin (normal skin color) and some wild crazy hair color
Small to medium-sized pincushion I have a monster huge octopus one that I LOVE, but it is not very mobile.  I would love one that could go with me all over.  Maybe a wrist pincushion!
Handmade pottery a tea pot or cup/saucer set would be really great!
I like the idea of a ravelry surprise!  My favorites on ravelry are here: http://www.ravelry.com/people/musicalmama/favorites/patterns
A wists y surprise

Supplies:

**Snap pliers for resin/plastic snaps
Resin/plastic snaps (mostly white, but other colors are good)
Vintage childrens book illustrations (fairy tale stories) Im decoupaging an end table for the munchkins room.  I dont need the original illustrations, a good color copy will work just fine!
Cute fabric to make little girls clothing at least a yard
Vintage clothing patterns for toddler girl
Waste canvas for cross-stitch
Penguin fabric, any fun patterned fabric
Mens hoodie, size medium, without a zipper plain black (I cant find this anywhere!)
Embroidery stitch book/pattern book - Im trying to get back into this.
Handspun yarn goodness
Natural fiber yarn (wool, alpaca, cotton, bamboo, etc)
Needle felting kit I would love to learn this!
Polymer clay starter kit
Resin starter kit Id love to make some of those spoon pendants!
Spinning starter kit

Extras:

Postcard/photo from where you live
Anything penguin-ey
Chocolate  mmmm  Chocolate
Tea
THIS ROCKS   Logged
claire313

Make Tea, Not War!

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009 10:33:37 AM »

I claim musiclady for a sewing machine cover!

2nd claim this round, 1 sent, 0 received

My name is Claire, I'm 25 and I live in New Jersey. I work at an engineering publishing company in the sales and marketing department... I'm a vegetarian, I do yoga, LOVE animals (especially cats), and anything bohemian/indie. My favorite colors are blue, orange, teal and green. No allergies, unless you plan to send me alcohol (yeah im allergic to alcohol, sad i know), can't stand the feel of velvet, and chocolate totally grosses me out  Anything else you would like to know about me, PM away!

BIG wishes BOLD

NEW STUFF ADDED!!!
Crafts:

- Cotton Kimono-style bathrobe (i'm pretty small - PM if you need sizes) any color, print (i know this is kind of a big wish, maybe we could arrange a personal swap?)
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=853506&navAction=jump&search=true <---something like that
- Funky jewelry (vintage, indie) handmade or otherwise
- Large purse - perhaps owl, bird pattern
- "Steampunk" Wrist cuff (I have seen SO many awesome ones around here... if I can find the link, I'll post it)
- Vintagey camisole: something like this http://www.freepeople.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/productID/6728d476-6c71-42ae-afe9-be7328667795/categoryID/5329eb52-fb04-4e72-8534-36232b579aac Again, I'm on the smaller side so PM for sizing
- LEGWARMERS! like these fancy things: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283365.0
- Handmade soaps in delicious flavors (nothing too flowery, i like "food" scents like citrus, vanilla, cinnamon, etc
- Homemade lip gloss (the more natural, the better - just to give you an idea, i LOVE burt's bees stuff) in any flavor
- Screen printed t-shirt with my fave bands (The Shins, Metallica) or some random animal (octopus, cat, hedgehog...) - i am pretty tiny so a size XS should be fine <--thanks freestyle! i love the hedgehog!
- Cloth pads and carrying bag (can be two separate claims... i think its time i jumped on this bandwagon too )
- Thread catcher for my sewing machine
- THIS DRESS! bc it is too awesome for words... any earthy color would be great (PM for sizing)  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254265.0
- Little zip case for my camera... i bring it with me EVERYWHERE (Nikon Coolpix)
- Flower hair clips similar to this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=287310.0 <-- thanks Banga! can't wait to see them
- Decorated combs for my hair - feathers (fake please!), fabric
- Scrabble tile pendant (a nature/bohemian theme maybe??)
- Scrabble tile bracelet (see above)
- Anything with a dandelion on it (skirt, shirt, necklace...) <--- thank you so much Mlsocci74!! I'm still obsessed with dandelions and would love to add to the collection...
- Yoga pants (cropped)
- Reusable shopping bag that folds into a little case
- Something firefighter related for my boy... he's been a volunteer for almost 10 years 
- Art to cheer up my otherwise desolate cube at work

Supplies: (thanks to everyone who has sent/is sending me supplies! I can always use more )

- Watch parts! Yes, it seems I have jumped on the steampunk bandwagon...
- Glass beads - any size, color
- Felt beads
- Cool fabric - I just started getting into sewing so my supplies are rather limited (thanks everyone!!)
- Sewing supplies that I don't realize I need (zippers, interfacing, etc) (thanks again everybody!)
- YARN!!!!! Anything soft... most colors except obnoxious neons or "baby" blues and pinks
- Jewelry making supplies - Jump rings, wire, clasps, etc
- BUTTONS
- Sharpies (all colors except black) <--- thanks banga!
- Glass jars to store beads/buttons/random crap in
- Rotary cutter and self-healing mat (can be 2 separate claims)

Extras:

- Old post cards
- Cool picture frames in cool colors/shapes
- Old maps! Italy, Portugal, any city from around the world
- TEA! Your favorite kinds are welcome
- ANYTHING tea related - charms, images, etc
- Crafting books (I'm mostly into sewing, crochet, and jewelry making at this point..)
- Something unique to your area: candy (except chocolate), postcards, etc

Anything you can think of that might relate to the lists above would be super too ... AND I just started a wist!

http://www.wists.com/claire313/e7a1bb465851c4a87244617405fcdb19

(hope that link works)

Thanks to whoever picks me!  Swaps are so fun  Cheesy

** I have gotten so many awesome things in these swaps - I ALWAYS get compliments on your amazing creations...keep up the great work, guys!**
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009 04:39:33 PM by claire313 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009 08:45:08 PM »

I claim claire313 for a shirt with a surprise on it! Smiley

(2 claims, 0 sent, 0 rec'd)

Hello! I'm Sabrina and I live in Florida! I'm a 27 year old SAHM of 5 kiddos, a hubby and a dog! I love to craft everything and love to try new stuff. I'm pretty easy to please, and LOVE getting handmade goodies! I have no allergies that matter when it comes to swapping!

My fave color is blue, I love brown and pink or brown and blue together. My hubby just enclosed our back porch into a HUGE craft room for me to lock myself craft away in! I would LOVE stuff to help my organize all my new space (more info below!) We bought annual passes to Disney this year and have been going quite often, so stuff to help keep control of 5 kids and all their crap is awesome! My next big project is redecorating our kitchen, so fun new handmade goodies for in there would be awesome too (again more info below!)

Crafts I would love to receive:

ANYTHING from my wists - use it as inspiration or make something exactly as is! Everything is up to date and has notes on it!
A sturdy tote with pockets/dividers of various sizes for use when I take the kids to Disney Thank you missdisney!
Funky Earrings - the funkier the better!
Felt, crochet or knit foods/supplies for the kids play kitchen
Crochet hook roll-preferably in grey, lime green, or sky blue (to match amy butler's faded china lotus fabric)
Candles- natural colors, red and cream or a mixture of the two would be great colors too, or something to match the craft room(see above)! I like nice crisp clean scents, florals are ok too, nothing fruity or cinnamon
Yummy soaps! I like all kinds of scents so Im good with whatever!
Stuff for the kitchen since we are redecorating!! The colors are cream, red and a touch of grey. (the Amy Butler fabrics I am using are in my wists, I would love it to match those colors but it doesn't have to be her fabric, I know it pricey! lol) Stuff to hang on the walls would be good, bowls, containers, magnets, etc, really I am open to anything!
A hanging wall organizer, in light blue, lime green or grey colors (again to match the craft room colors listed above) for my new craft room! Thank you musiclady!!
Fabric boxes, in random sizes and light blue, lime green, or grey colors (see above)
Magnetic tins, for my new craft room too! Deep or shallow doesnt matter on size Inspiration: http://www.simpletins.com/images/magnetic_tins_round_shallow.jpg
Jars, tins, baskets, buckets, bowls or anything else to help organize all the crap my crafting and 5 kids can accumulate! Smiley

Supplies I'd love to play with:

Yarn - all kinds! Funky, normal, all colors
polymer clay stuff, tools, clay, whatever
resin molds and supplies
Jewelry making stuff
scrapbook paper
scrapbook punches
Any other scrapbook stuff

Safety eyes
Also, feel free to destash on me

Extras

ANY extra is good with me!  Wink

Thanks for choosing me!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009 08:49:12 PM by bsonlytoots » THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009 09:15:11 PM »

I'm going to claim bsonlytoots for some magnetic tins and some little wisty-inspired surprises.

Claim number 2 of 3 / 0 sent / 0 received

About Me
Greetings everyone! I'm a 31 year old woman who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats. My favorite colors are jewel tones like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber. I like silver but not really gold. (Copper's ok too.) My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy. I also love things that go along with my "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together. My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins, bats and red foxes. I love to read, I enjoy photography and I love all things Disney!

ALLERGIES
I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchouli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

Crafts
*big wish* -- A robe like this one. It's just so lovely and I desperately need a robe. (3/4 length or long-sleeves, and mid-length overall. Not too short, not too long. I wear a US size 4 and can send measurements if needed.)

*big wish* -- A tote like this one. I love and covet everything about it from the colors, fabric to the pattern.

*big wish -- A purse in this kind of style. I LOVE, LOVE LOVE this bag. The mix of the cord and the cable...? LOVE.

*big wish* -- This scarf in these exact colors. I think this is one of the most perfect things ever. I don't really need scarves as a rule because I live in Florida, but I'd find reasons to wear one like this!

*big wish* -- A Slanket! I almost bought a "snuggie" but the fabric was icky. (It was like thin felt.) I want soft, awesome microfiber fleece stuff, you know? Something long enough to cover my toes as well. I'm forever using a blanket on the couch so this would come in hand GREATLY.

*big wish* -- An Autumn Leaf Barrette. I miss autumn since we don't get leaves changing colors here in Florida.

*big wish* -- A migraine therapy kit like this. I have had migraines for more than 15 years and this kind of thing DOES help.

-- Anything with a phoenix on it. I LOVE the phoenix and there's not nearly enough phoenix-related things in the world or my life. You can check out my wisted phoenix items here as inspiration.

-- A purse like the first one here or like this. I like the shape of both styles but it's really the look and colors of the fabric I'm really sold on. So something in similar colors/patterns would be great.

-- A cool fitted tee like these. I love the colors of these examples. I wear a US size 4 or typically a size small or medium. I pretty much live in baby doll/fitted tees.
 - http://www.wists.com/PhoenixFireDesigns/b8278a3977c184f0454e3661b44d5913?offset=0
 - http://www.wists.com/PhoenixFireDesigns/b43d1d191ced6ae1babfd7c537c6ecc1?offset=0
thanks bkrenning4! I'm leaving it up though for more potential claims. You can never have enough tees

-- Something stained glass - sun catcher, glass mosaic item, etc. I just love stained glass and wouldn't even know where to begin making it myself.

-- Hand knit socks. Something warm and soft (no wool please because it itches me) I've got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl's sized large socks for reference. (HUGE bonus if it's argyle pattern. I don't know why but I love argyle.)

-- Yoga pants! (examples: like this or this) Roomy, 3/4 length or floor length (30" inseam) comfy, soft, cottony, not too tight on the waist. I lounge in them on my days off and I just love 'em. (US size 4 short length or I can send measurements if need be)

-- Something ceramic/pottery or vase or a bowl or a tea mug or whatever. Again, a skill I don't have but really love.

-- Things for my apartment in Teal Blue and Chocolate Brown. I love these colors together. And I'd love something in them for the home. A quilt or throw; art; kitchen accessories; pillows; curtains, etc., etc.

-- Wrist warmers in this pattern. It's just utterly cool.

-- Disney stuff. Be it characters (like Mickey, Figment, Belle, Mike & Sulley, etc.) or movies (The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Monster's Inc., Lady and the Tramp, etc.) or the parks (I live near WDW but I've never been to Disneyland), or historical stuff (books on Walt or the making of the parks, etc.), or things I can use/take to/wear about any of the above, I LOVE DISNEY. So by all means, get creative! Grin

-- Something (surprise me!) incorporating owls, penguins, bats, cats or red foxes. They're my favorite animals. Note: At this point, I probably have enough owl stuffies/amis so something besides that please.

-- Fused glass or glass (microscope) slide pendants you think I'd like.

-- A ribbon organizer. Doesn't have to be this fabric. It's more the idea and the style of storage that I like here. Chocolate/Teal color combo would be great as would fun/cute fabric or prints (like owls or something.)

-- Surprise me! Look at my wists or my wishlist, or the colors I like and see what you can make that you think I'd like.

Craft Supplies

-- Sewing stuff: Fabricgasm! I'm a new sewer so I covet fabrics now. And/or Sewing notions, tools or other helpful stuff a newbie sewer would need/covet/want/drool over. (Threads, buttons, snaps, etc.)

-- Complete Guide To Sewing Book in either this new edition or this older edition. I'm still a very novice sewer who could make use of a reference book like this. (Especially since no one I know locally sews!)

-- Doodle Stitching book like this. I've never tried it but it seems like it might be fun.

-- Starter resin kit/supplies (resin, molds, etc.)

-- Starter rubber stamp carving stuff. (Maybe a kit or items like tools, the rubber to carve into, how-to/instructions, etc.)

-- Gemstones and gemstone beads. In every shape, size and color. Donuts, cabs, chips - anything! I LOVE working with gemstones and I can never, ever have enough.

-- Lampwork beads.

-- Beading supplies. I create jewelry so I'm always looking for unique and interesting pendants, charms, gemstone beads, large focal beads and such. Also, I love Swarovski crystal, unique clasps or toggles, and jewelry wire in 16 gauge and 24 gauge in any color. Gemstone chips are awesome as well since I make Tree of Life pendants with them.

Extras
-- Tea! Especially fruity ones.

-- Chocolate! (white, milk or dark) No coconut please.

-- Candies! (whatever neat little treats you enjoy, send 'em my way. I love candy)

-- Sewing magazines. (especially things geared towards newbies)

-- Beading magazines (esp ones with projects/tutorials)

Thanks in advance to whomever picks me! Grin
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009 09:21:09 PM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009 09:22:58 PM »

I claim phoenixfiredesigns for some owl inspired goodies.

This is my 2nd claim (1 sent, 0 received) and I am in the U.S. Here's a mini-bio with more info than you'll ever want.

I'm 33 and live in the lovely state of Michigan with my wonderful husband and our beagle, Snort. Snort's idea of the good life is eating, sleeping and eating her own poo. She's my fur-baby, and while we don't treat her like a human child, she is a member of our family.

I own an asphalt company along with my Dad and work about 70-80 hours a week in the summer, so I basically have no life, including crafting, from May through the end of October.

I'm a flittering crafter, I like to try everything once and the things I really enjoy, I keep up with. My current favorites are making jewelry, knitting (my first adult sweater is on the needles and it's getting really hard to keep going yep, its still on the needles a year later!) and papercrafts, though I'm trying to get back into watercolors and really need to start using my pottery wheel again. Things I'd really like to try are resin, crochet, and needle felting.

I like sarcastic wit and jokes that make you think, and I seem to be experiencing a renewed love for the '80s. Favorite tv show of all time is The Office and favorite movies are Real Genius (with a very young Val Kilmer) and the original Willy Wonka (c'mon, a movie all about candy!) Favorite colors are ocean-y colors (greens & blues & browns) and jewel tones (ruby, emerald, sapphire, etc.). Im also digging the black/white/grey combos lately.

I love anything to do with nature and waterfalls are my favorite places to check out. And my favorite food in the whole world is donuts. Best flavor explosion - a fresh, hot, plain cake donut, straight from the oven with a glass of apple cider. I dislike mean people, people who are stupid by choice, soy sauce, political campaigns, and having religion preached to me without an invitation.

Please feel free to look over my wists as I like everything on there, its updated, and wisty surprises are fun, fun, fun!!! Thank you so, so much to anyone who chooses me!

CRAFTED ITEMS

KNIT/CROCHET/YARN/NEEDLEWORK
  • knit socks ankle or regular is fine (womens size 8.5 or 9) 
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt beagle (Ill fight ya for this one, Grieney!)
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt hippopotamus
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt cookie monster (actually, any of the old-school sesame street characters would be great and Ive even got free patterns listed on my wist!)
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt pelican
  • art yarn
  • Knit shrug/wrap - on the off-chance that someone is just itchin to do one, Ive got a few listed on my wist
  • handknit squares for a Craftster blanket I have to double-check the sizes Ive already gotten, but I think they were 4 square. Only request is that the yarn you use is machine washable.
  • Felted beads pretty flexible on colors and sizes, Id like to have a stash of these for art projects.
  • Funny, sarcastic cross stitches or embroideries (I can frame 'em) - I've got a couple on my wist, but feel free to just do something you think I'd like.
  • Embroidered pillowcases- For our master bedroom, colors are blues and greens. Some type of sea animals or theme would be awesome.

SEWN
  • some type of overnight bag that has a number of pockets to hold misc. toiletries and stuff (Ive seen some Amy Butler ones, like the weekender bag, that are cute, but it doesnt necessarily have to be that involved or fancy unless you feel like it basic tote with interior pockets is fine by me. Oh, and it doesn't have to be fancy fabric, either.)
  • Placemats (set of 2, 4 or 6) - though Im loving the log cabin look, anything would be sweet. My kitchen colors are sage green and burgundy
  • Napkins (matching or coordinating sets of 2, 4 or 6) kitchen colors are sage green and burgundy
  • Pair of Strawberry Shortcake, Super Mario, Smurfs or PacMan long pajama pants or pajama shorts (any type of fabric is fine, PM for measurements but I wear a Nick and Noras size large if that helps)
  • Jacket/Sweater/Sweatshirt for Snort I'd prefer something that has a neck band and belly wrap, rather than something I have to put her legs through. I can get you whatever measurements you need for this, but just for reference she's a 40lb beagle.

ART/PAPERCRAFTS
  • your artwork, whatever medium you like you can check my wist for inspiration (youll see I love a lot of whimsical pieces), but Ill love anything that isnt political, religious or deal with death. And I do have ample counter top display room, so it doesn't have to be a wall hanging piece of artwork.
  • inchies or ACEOs
  • Fun To Do lists - I love making To Do lists and would love sarcastic, funny, witty or pretty To Do List pads. (Or you can just paper punch a hole in them and tie them with a pretty ribbon.) Very flexible on this one, just make something you think I would like. And I'd prefer smaller to larger - probably nothing larger than half of an 8.5x11 sheet of paper.

SILKSCREEN/IRON-ONS/ETC.
  • silkscreened t-shirt with the phrase    neat-o mosquito     (feel free to add a cool image if you have one) womens L or XL, 40 bust. I'm fine with the Hanes or Fruit of the Loom t-shirts that Walmart sells for about $4.50 in the men's section - size Large, please.
  • t-shirt like this one that errka made for me last year that I have worn and washed so much the graphic is falling apart!  roughly a womens large or XL, 40 bust. I'm fine with the Hanes or Fruit of the Loom t-shirts that Walmart sells for about $4.50 in the men's section - size Large, please.   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=155224.msg1545936#msg1545936

JEWELRY/ACCESSORIES
  • A fused glass or soldered or resin pendant Ive got examples on my wists of some I like, or choose an image you think Id like!
  • Pelican pendant sculpy, glass, collaged, resin, whatever!
  • Chunky necklaces or rings - in a style you think I might like, I've got some wisted for inspiration
  • Jewelry made with sea glass - inspiration on my wist, but I'm flexible
  • Any wisty-inspired jewelry - I've got lots on there

MISCELLANEOUS
  • pretty suncatchers
  • Anything on the theme of 1950s Happy Homemaker with a twist (tongue-in-cheek kind of things) notepad, pendant, artwork, tote, t-shirt, whatever!
  • ANYTHING ON MY WISTS Im constantly adding new items and there's lots, lots, lots of small/medium items on there!

CRAFTY-SUPPLY ITEMS
I like supplies, but am really trying to cut down on my stash, so please don't send me a supplies only package unless it's a single item that's medium sized all on its own. Thank you!
  • Weird or unique rubber or acrylic stamps. Zetti-type images, dancing animals, retro images, basically stuff you cant find at JoAnns (Ive got a few samples on my wists). Used is perfectly fine!
  • Random/unique/antique ephermera anything you think I might find amusing, intriguing, weird or otherwise useful.
  • Old typewriter keys The older the better. Even just the stickers or photos of the keys printed onto thick cardstock/chipboard would be cool.
  • Vintage/old keys The older and rustier, the better. Skeleton keys are awesome, but anything that looks old is terrific.
  • Rusty metal stuff Anything that I can use for altered art stuff, usually no bigger than a dollar bill or so.
  • Swarovski crystals - any color, any shape, any size

EXTRAS
  • Wade figurines
  • Broken watches
  • Broken bits of rhinestone jewelry

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009 09:25:28 PM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Shiny Hair
How to Get Thicker Hair
How to Get Soft Hair
How to Get Waves in Your Hair
How to Get Victoria Beckham Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...