A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pingu beads  (Read 3164 times)
Tags for this thread: pingu , polymer_clay_challenge_1_fictional_characters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KedaZenovka
« on: March 31, 2009 10:54:43 AM »

***EDIT*** - I only just realised that Pingu doesn't exist in America! Well it's amazing, for an explanation watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTWv63RyLP8
must be one of the first episodes... it's like a cult thing in the uk (among a certain generation anyway...)
Ohh and I put them on a necklace, also posted!: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299626.0

These are inspired by the childrens TV programme Pingu. I used to love it (I kind of still do) so I made these to make into beads, I still have to drill holes in them but apart from that they're done! I'm gonna put them on a themed necklace, if that makes sense, with fish-shaped beads and stuff. They're made from fimo, and painted with acrylic (and actually superglued in places, they were a bit fiddly...) For size reference, they're pretty small, Pingu is 2cms (just over 3/4 inch) tall. Anyway, pictures:

All four of them -

Pingu -

Pinga -

Robbie -

And the inanimate, unnamed snowman, that always stands outside the igloo -

Thanks for looking, I'm not too experienced using fimo so criticism much appreciated!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009 07:22:49 AM by KedaZenovka » THIS ROCKS   Logged
J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009 11:07:43 AM »

I love these, they are so cute:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
imthecutest81
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009 11:29:16 AM »

I love Pingu.  They speak Pinguinese.  HeeHee. 

These are really cute and look just like the show.  I saw the little thumbnail on the front page and thought that is sweet someone made Pingu.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
patchyemm
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009 02:25:25 PM »

They look great - I'm amazed at the size of them - they're so tiny!  That must've been so fiddly.  Terrific  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hippie9

The Mythical and Magical Seahorse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009 01:49:02 AM »

I've never tried to sculpt with polymer before and was wondering how you attach parts, like Robbie's flippers for instance? Also, how did you get the little black swoosh in his eyeball so perfect?Huh?

By the way, there's a kid's program in Toronto that airs (or used to air, anyway) Pingu so that's how I came to know it....though I didn't know the characters' names until I saw a kid's book of Pingu in a bookstore, years later!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009 01:52:05 AM by Hippie9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kim

My blog/showcase of my crafts:  http://kimmadecrafts.blogspot.com/
KedaZenovka
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009 05:01:42 AM »

Well I'm not much of a polymer clay expert, the only type I've used is fimo. These are made of fimo soft, and I had problems using the white as for some reason it was really sticky, too soft, and so attaching the flippers wasn't a problem, they stuck too much! Attaching limbs etc. with fimo usually isn't a problem, you just press it and blend the edges a little. However I did have trouble with the feet as they were so tiny and fragile, I ended up superglueing them on.
I painted the details on, using a pin for the really small bits like their eyes.

And that's funny, it hadn't occurred to me until you said that I have no idea how I know their names, when would it have ever been apparent? why do they even have names?? It's strange!!!

Thanks for all the nice comments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schnerby
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009 10:17:39 PM »

I love Pingu!

This is sooooo cool.

Pingu has a massive cult following among people aged in their early 20s in Australia.

I'm juts blubbering in amazement.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY: Learn to Make Your Own Coated Denim
Summer Style Inspiration from Rosie Huntington-Whitely and KStew
Leelee Sobeski Sports a White Jil Sander Gown at Vanity Fair Tribeca Party
Best Dressed Celebs at the Coachella Music Festival
Scarlett Johansson Heats Up in Versace at The Avengers Premiere
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...