A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Elmo? sort of?  (Read 802 times)
Tags for this thread: sesame_street , elmo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

edie22
« on: March 30, 2009 09:18:59 PM »

So, a lady I work with saw the ninja army I made the other day and asked if I could make Elmo.  And possibly something from Kung Fu Panda, but I will post that in another post because I like that one.

This is... elmo like?  I don't knwo.  I found a pattern on the ravelry, because I do not do well with making stuff up on my own. and... I don't knwo... he looks angry.  I'm afraid that the toy will tramatize the 2 year old that it is meant for.  Of course, the 2 year old is probably not gonna care but still, these are the things I think about.

So, what do you guys think?  Do you think he'd be non-tramatizing to a 2-year old?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
weird_lover_wilde
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009 09:31:21 PM »

Hm.  *I* absolutely *LOVE* it, but I can see that he does look a little angry.  Then again, you may be surprised: kids are very forgiving about toys.  My childhood toy was a stuffed dog that used to belong to my mom when she was a kid, and it had no hair or eyes, its arm was falling off and stuffing always came out.  It was admittedly a scary looking toy.  So you never know.  The kid might totally fall in love with it!

What I'd suggest is to let the kid see it, and see how they react, and if they react badly--don't for one second take it personally, because it *is* a great stuffie.  Kids are just weirdos.  And if the kid loves it, well, that would be great! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Malica
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009 09:35:44 PM »

I think it's great, except maybe the eyes and nose are too low. Have you tried repositioning them? I think it would make a world of difference if his nose wasn't dangling past his upper lip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blackbird5685

chicka pah, ah, chicka-chicka pah ahhhh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009 10:37:51 PM »

I think he's super cute! and I'm sure the recipient will love love love it.

If you're looking for constructive criticism though, I would have to agree with the comment above, you may want to reposition the eyes/nose. I might also try repositioning the eye buttons on the eyeballs so that they're facing forward more and not so much up. It's amazing how much eye placement can change the personality of a stuffy.

Good luck! Even if you don't change a thing, I think it's great Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

take these sunken eyes and learn to see
dellamae
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009 03:45:39 AM »

I have to say I agree the eyes and nose just need a little tweeking.  Placing them higher up on the head would do wonders.  He'll be in great Elmo shape in no time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phish-hooker8
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009 06:23:16 AM »

I found the same pattern and bookmarked it yesterday. I think he looks great! But I do see how he could look a little angry. I agree with everyone else, maybe just move the eyes and nose up a little. He is cute and you did a great job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tiki Barber Talks About Kickoff
Jessie Sholl Talks About Dirty Secret
Meet Author Audrey Niffenegger
David Woods Talks About Underdawgs
The Black Farmer Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...