A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: lack of acknowledgement of packages  (Read 5730 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009 03:28:54 PM »

one both sides of teh fence  here  I am scatter brained and have forgotten to post pics. (in teh swap I was organizing at that!)  BUT  as soon as I got a reminder I posted and I ALWAYS  send a thank you when I receive adn post int eh thread or gallery that I did.  it is not good "craftster style"  to not be appreciative. even if teh work is less than you might send.  it may be that persons best so be thankful!!!  and if you don't have time to post pics please request the sender to!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009 07:44:22 PM »

oh my, i always eventually post a thank you and pictures, my point was that i dont always remember right away...

and yea, i have to be organized or chaos ensues....actually, ever since google introduced tasks it has been a renaissance for me, i am accomplishing a ton more and i get everything done well ahead of time..intead of a week before i am supposed to mail (again, forgetful)

i definitely think someone should say thank you, i just dont think that everyone means offense if the thank you doesnt come right away
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
ysmeine
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009 05:54:11 AM »

Oh, but jloveg, all your packages are wonderful. Right? Wink

You are right, you do need to send a thanks no matter what.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009 06:20:03 AM »

Oh, but jloveg, all your packages are wonderful. Right? Wink

You are right, you do need to send a thanks no matter what.

LOL  at least the ones I receive  are!  LOL  and  I sure try!   yours is almost there woo hoo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
crafty gurll
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009 09:37:44 PM »

Here's a question:  What is the accepted etiquette for thanking someone for a package?  The day they receive?  The next day? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009 09:47:14 PM »

Here's a question:  What is the accepted etiquette for thanking someone for a package?  The day they receive?  The next day? Huh
i would say within a day, but some people dont log on everyday, so i would check their last log in

also, dont think they hated it cos they didnt log on...or PM right away
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
crafty gurll
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009 09:50:50 PM »

It's just the second swap in a row where the package has been received, and a few days have gone by with no response.  It just makes you not want to swap anymore if this is the result. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009 10:07:36 PM »

its just one of those things that might happen when you swap

there have been a couple of times i wanted to throw in the towel, but i always get sucked back in.....lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty gurll
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2009 09:56:57 PM »

It's just the second swap in a row where the package has been received, and a few days have gone by with no response.  It just makes you not want to swap anymore if this is the result. Tongue

Make that the third swap where this has happenned.  Plus it was a multi-partner swap so THREE people didn't communicate. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009 08:58:43 AM »

I think it's rude, personally, but I have a couple of cousins who do the same thing with birthday/Christmas gifts.   Roll Eyes  Going forward, I'm thinking of making a pop quiz section to reinforce the idea that it is expected you post pics & thank the person promptly and to do otherwise will be noted in their feedback.  I might just make a note of it in the feedback anyway when people haven't posted pics in my current swaps.

That said, it is summer, and people take vacations so it is possible that even if the mail says it's received, they may not be able to log in right away.  I'd give them a few days.  I always appreciate it when people tell me they're going out of town/on vacation, but I've had a couple of swaps where someone has disappeared to pop up a week later & say they were on vacation & forgot to mention it.   Undecided 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Club Flyer - Working with Text Part 9/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - Creating Your Own Background Part 11/14
How to Design a Haunted House Part 3/3
How to Design a Club Flyer - Adjustment Layers Part 4/14
How to Design a Club Flyer Part 1/14
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...