A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
497 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: lack of acknowledgement of packages  (Read 5820 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009 07:09:42 PM »

I agree with you about the ettiquette. Unfortunately everyone thinks differently & there really isn't any way for an organizer to judge personalities in 10 questions or less. I took a break from bigger better quality swaps because of this & the quality of work I was receiving. I honestly don't really care about what I get. I do it more for the experience of trying something new but my SO kept saying honey you keep getting screwed when you spend so much time & money on what you make. So I finally switched to smaller or supply style swaps. I caught myself skimping on what I sent when I was paired with someone who didn't acknowledge/appreciate other people they were paired with previously, so I took a step away for a while. You may need to do that also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009 08:26:57 AM »

I can speak to both sides of this. I've done a colossal swap where I worked on a project for months and NEVER got a pic of it so I didn't even have a pic to show my friends who wanted to see. Nor did my partner ever post a pic even though they promised. I've had a few projects like that where I put my all into and there is never a pic posted. I don't craft just for the "oh wow you're amazing!" comments, but I do like to show that I really did do my best for my partner and didn't send garbage. I want people to know I give it my all when they are my partner. It brings me joy to know someone really enjoys what I've given them.

I've also said I'd post a pic in another swap and completely forgot. My partner pmed me with a reminder asking me if I was going to post more pics and I did. I just needed a little nudge. I didn't space  on purpose or because I didn't appreciate it, I'm just scatterbrained occasionally. And it was easily fixed.

I do think mabye should you continue to swap, you could preface it by telling your partner that pictures to you mean something.

I hope your future swapping experiences will be positive.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009 08:28:57 AM by Gomerriffic » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009 06:28:39 AM »

I always take photos of what I send. I have my own personal gallery on Flickr that contains pretty much every single swap item I've created in the last... ooh, 2 or 3 years. If a partner doesn't post, then no worries - I can post my own pics.

What will take a while though is thinking up the words to go with it. A simple 'Yes. I love it all' will amply explain what I think of a received parcel, but when placed next to the exuberant and overblown fluff of words that everyone else finds to say, it seems as if I'm just being polite and tactful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009 09:10:55 AM »

speaking soley for myself....sometimes i simply forget by the time i log on and finish going through my emails, messages and various boards

its not that i dont care (though sometimes i recieve things i am apathetic about, i still always thank my partner) i am unfortunately kinda flakey *not in a swap way* when it comes to keeping in touch with people (if i dont live with or see someone everyday, i forget to talk to other human beings)

but i accept that it might reflect badly on me to others....not everyone is liked by me either...but i cant really make something happen that my brain forgets (which is actually a side effect of my medication)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
crafty gurll
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009 09:02:40 PM »

Sending a quick PM to thank the person who sent you a package really isn't asking too much.  Even if there isn't time to post pictures, a PM takes 2 seconds.  I make it my number one priority as soon as I open my package to thank them, and post pictures asap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009 07:55:16 AM »

Sending a quick PM to thank the person who sent you a package really isn't asking too much.  Even if there isn't time to post pictures, a PM takes 2 seconds.  I make it my number one priority as soon as I open my package to thank them, and post pictures asap.

no, it isnt asking too much, but i forget to do stuff that i am required to do for family and finance

really, very seriously, my brain loses track of things within minutes sometimes (which is why i have a calendar with reminders everywhere, and why as often as i can i keep the swap packages right next to my computer, so even if there are 5 PMs in this box and 20 emails i have to read first, i wont forget, or at least i am less likely to)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009 07:55:49 AM by MissDisney » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
crafty gurll
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009 08:11:48 AM »

Sending a quick PM to thank the person who sent you a package really isn't asking too much.  Even if there isn't time to post pictures, a PM takes 2 seconds.  I make it my number one priority as soon as I open my package to thank them, and post pictures asap.

no, it isnt asking too much, but i forget to do stuff that i am required to do for family and finance

really, very seriously, my brain loses track of things within minutes sometimes (which is why i have a calendar with reminders everywhere, and why as often as i can i keep the swap packages right next to my computer, so even if there are 5 PMs in this box and 20 emails i have to read first, i wont forget, or at least i am less likely to)

That wasn't directed at you, just a general rant. Cheesy 

In general, I feel if you have time to open a package, you have time to say thank you.  Since people spend so much time putting togther their swap packages, it's nice to know it got there in one piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009 05:23:47 PM »

No you're totally right.  I've had trouble with things being posted to the galleries.  No matter the excuse reason, I still feel like it wasn't appreciated if the person doesn't take the time to post pics to the gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty gurll
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009 05:58:35 PM »

No you're totally right.  I've had trouble with things being posted to the galleries.  No matter the excuse reason, I still feel like it wasn't appreciated if the person doesn't take the time to post pics to the gallery.

That's the chance you take on swaps, sometimes they are awesome, and sometimes not so much. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009 03:05:26 PM »

Well, Ms. Disney, I am sorry for your medication interfering with that. I can totally relate. I HAVE seen pictures of your craft space, and you are so organized, I guess this is why. LOL

I had to understand that a partner of mine never posted their items for a personal swap, and from now on I will take pictures. That swapper through communications will be sending their package soon I hope.

BUT, sometimes people can respond because of camera issue or personal issues/situations. Just pm them and ask if everything is alright. I'm patient but will be taking pics of stuff. I just get spacey (ms disney) and forget in the excitement of getting a package together. I've only done personals, and usps has only lost one package so far, but that partner was exceptionally understanding and passing my way soon, so I can fulfill my end of the bargain.

I am now in my first organized swap and you better believe I am going to post pics of what my partner sends me. I don't have crafted items but from one other swapper, and it was awesome. I've been doing the supply stash busting as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Repurpose Tin Cans
How to Create a Chinese Staircase-Patterned Friendship Bracelet
How to Make a Heart Duct Tape Coin Purse
How to Make a Duct Tape Passport Lanyard
How to Make Duct Tape Earrings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...