A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: looking for booth display feedback  (Read 3418 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loveplusone
« on: March 26, 2005 06:18:44 PM »

HEY ALL

I'll be at renegade brooklyn this june.  this is my first ever craft show, a biggie to start out with, I know!
Hoping to get some feedback from you all about how I should display my items. I only make one product with garment variations (lap t's or onesies, shirt w/undies). I don't have much variation in product just in embroidery... my stuff is also very bright due to being hand dyed
so i was thinking simple booth display like black table cloth garment rack handmade banner. let the shirts do the talkin'
 but i also don't want to NOT stand out amongst the 150 other vendors
what do you all think? Huh Huh

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007 12:21:23 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

leelee
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005 01:42:19 PM »

Hmmm... I see what your saying.  Nothing too crazy to take away from the items, but still enough to be noticed.  I think black would really help highlight your product, but black is so ....black, lol.  Maybe you could use a khaki/brown/earthy fabric?  Maybe canvas or burlap?  Something with texture and a nuetral color?  What about hand dying some fabric to display the items on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure
without losing your enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill -
dippychick
Chris in NH

Chris from DippyChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005 03:32:51 PM »

Normally I would say no to black with kids' clothing, but it might look good with your stuff. (I looked at your site.) It's hard to say. I think any solid color would look good. If you mostly sell little girls stuff, you might try a purple of some sort. Women are just naturally attracted to purple for some reason, and you want to appeal to the moms and grandmoms. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SerenDIPity Gourmet Specialties
Wickedly Fun and Delicious Gourmet Dip Mixes!
www.DippyChick.com
katiebug
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005 03:57:31 PM »

I like the idea of a solid color, but maybe a green or blue? I'd definately make your stand look kid friendly, maybe decorate with some bright daisies or stuffed animals.

I think a garden display like this would be neat:

Just use a plastic tablecloth (cut the edges jagged) and some big flowers (paper mache or paint some cardboard).

Be sure to post some pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?" -Ben Franklin

http://lemonsicle.blogspot.com/
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005 03:05:34 AM »

im having a similar problem..i have one coming up on april 9-10, and i also do baby and toddler clothes..pillows..j unk like that...but no hand embroidery..i did that for a bit, but many of the patterns i was using are available on machine embroiderys too...i have an old baby carriage from the 50's and was going to use that for the pillows and try to think of what else to do...good luck...your stuff is super cute!!! let us know how it goes, and take pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
bawalters
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005 03:16:49 AM »

Your outfits are so cute!!
But I don't think black fabric and baby come together, even in NYC.

What about a couple cheap sheets in lavendar or pale green? Clothespin (or duct tape) them to the table so they look neat and don't blow around.
 How much of the table top is actually going to show? I pull the cloth so that the front is cover from table top to ground, thne I hide my boxes and stuff under the table - out of sight.

And some matching artificial flowers around the ends of the rack. Realistic looking ones, not junky fakes. You can get a pretty decent garland under $10.00, just cut it and use what you need. Maybe pin a couple of the flowers onto the table?

I think if it looks cool and pretty it will stand out from the guy sell car rims next to you!! And I think you get more grandparents with the pastels.

Just my thoughts, I wish you success, Beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilonavg
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005 12:48:47 AM »

Cheesy
That's the most wonderful display-idea that I have seen on Craftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In olden times when wishing still helped one...
loveplusone
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005 08:02:12 PM »

kosmicgirl, katiebug
thank you for such wonderful booth imagery!
I hope my booth can be as pretty as yor digital designs. 
I definately like the clothespins, clouds and flower type themes..

the grass /flowers matches my site too!

I just don't know how I will ever be ready in time ...
i have to ship my booth stuff to NY ahead of time so thats really going to limit my creative capacity,but definately would love to go with a garden type theme. Grin

Anyone have any resources for some nice astroturf with those cool plastic daisies attached?

Also kosmicgirl,or anyone, how would you suggest doing a cloud/ sky backdrop...blue fabric and paint on the clouds?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005 01:21:51 PM by loveplusone » THIS ROCKS   Logged

katiebug
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005 05:00:43 PM »

How would you suggest doing a cloud/ sky backdrop...blue fabric and paint on the clouds?

I'd buy a cheap blue sheet (maybe from a thrift store) and paint the clouds on.  You could even hang it from the clothesline!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?" -Ben Franklin

http://lemonsicle.blogspot.com/
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005 03:50:08 AM »

ok so this weekend, i had hung my stuff on a clothes line with clothespins..looked cute..i didnt bring my buggy just cause of the space and having to bring it home and back its bulky...keep us posted...if i think of anything else ill let you know
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work With Layers in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Save the Selections in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Refine the Selection Edge in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use the Quick Selection Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Magic Wand Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...