A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Polymer Clay Bracelets  (Read 2819 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah
That Means I Love You

Tastes Like Burning

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005 12:36:48 PM »

i love you all!! i'm a polymer clay beading freak haha! i'll just sit in the middle of the floor in my bedroom beading while watching t.v.. commercial = oven time. watch until next commercial and then *weeee beads!* i've gone nuts.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...To all the people i've loved... don't think poor of me It wasn't till I woke up...That I could hold down a joke or a job or a dream..But then all three are one in the same..."
hanau110603
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005 02:18:14 PM »

Hanau- I don't know if they have AC Moore's in your neck of the woods, but they have very good prices on pasta machines. I want to say they were advertising them for 19.99?!

It's horrible, they have a HUGE AC Moore's by my mom's house... in Pennsyvania!  Cry (I live in Wichita, I'm really suprised that they don't have one here.)

I think I'm going to get one from Michael's.

great job on the beads. do u have an tips on making them?? how do u make the holes; just a needle?

Thank you! I don't have any real tips except be patient! With my tiny beads that I make a lot of, I get frusterated becasue they lose they're shape when I'm trying to put holes in them. So I have to be careful and then keep reshaping them.

For the holes, I use to use a toothpick, but recently I starting using a big sewing needle. *Tip* With the needle, when I insert it into the bead to make the hole, it gets stuck so I gently rotate the needle back and forth while pulling it out.  Smiley

I love polymer!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2005 03:15:20 PM »

this tip is on Diane's web site as well but if you do the hole partially on one side then turn the bead around and complete the hole on the other there is less distortion.  If you have a dremel tool you can also drill the holes after they have baked too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
carlierae26
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005 09:57:36 PM »

to make piercing pc beads easier...........  just wait.  If you shape your beads and let them sit for an hour or more.. or heck, put them in the freezer for a little whie.. then pierce them.. the beads will retain thier shape...   

also, poke the bead, then poke the other side.. so you wont have that "exit wound" so to speak on the other side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2005 07:54:59 AM »

also, poke the bead, then poke the other side.. so you wont have that "exit wound" so to speak on the other side.

ha ha ha ha  Grin.... I  LOVE technical terms ... and such a great visual!
<running off to put that on my Bead Holes page>

Diane B.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008 01:40:47 PM by batgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
hanau110603
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2005 08:34:10 PM »

Funny story about my red and white "candy" bracelet. My manager (a man) was like "that looks like candy." Me-"I know, doesn't it?" Him-"Do you ever  try to eat it?" Me-"Um no, it's made out of clay." Him-"oh, well if I had that, I'd try to eat it because it looks like candy."  Cheesy Grin Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2005 08:55:19 PM »

Funny story about my red and white "candy" bracelet. My manager (a man) was like "that looks like candy." Me-"I know, doesn't it?" Him-"Do you ever  try to eat it?" Me-"Um no, it's made out of clay." Him-"oh, well if I had that, I'd try to eat it because it looks like candy."  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

haha!! but if you knew it was clay, you wouldnt eat it even if it did look like candy. you should buy him a bag of peppermints and bring them to work next time, lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
hanau110603
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2005 12:36:14 PM »

haha!! but if you knew it was clay, you wouldnt eat it even if it did look like candy. you should buy him a bag of peppermints and bring them to work next time, lol

Good idea!

Well, my "candy" bracelet is now somewhere in South Carolina. Sooo far from home. My best friend moved last weekend and she wanted my bracelet and even though I didn't want to part with it, I'm a good friend.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Bristle Brush in Adobe Illustrator CS5
Creating the Tilt-Shift Lens Effect in Photoshop CS6
Working With Blur Filters in Photoshop CS6
Anarchy in the Organism Artwork at London Cancer Hospital
Lightroom 2 Layout Features
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...