A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,306
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Labyrinth Weddding?  (Read 8618 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sambag
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006 07:45:04 PM »

I just ran across this stamp that is kind of a celtic labyrinth design and thought i'd share -

http://www.highlandercelticstamps.com/catalog/miscellaneous.html

i'm trying to find stamps for my invites, maybe this will be useful to you too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-_- Samantha -_-

"You don't need fancy highbrow traditions or money to really learn. You just need people with the desire to better themselves." Adam Cooper and Bill Collage, Accepted, 2006
percyrosemont
Albatross to myself alone

Albatross ... DUCK!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009 04:09:35 PM »

AH I LOVE THIS! I'm having as the world falls down (the ballroom dream song) as my first dance and also inscribing his ring on the inside with "I'll be there for yo as the world falls down"

But now you've got me thinking about making my partially Labyrinth themed ... partially since my Fi isn't as crazy about the movie as I am... my all time favorite movie! But I was originally thinking of maybe a masquerade type theme crossed with gundam zeon so here's a few things that came to mind as you mentioned the theme...

*lots of candles with glass balls near by them so the light reflects off of them
*I was looking for masks and they are either too expensive or just cheap looking so maybe make some masks out of paper mache to look like the goregeous ones in the movie
*Maybe a lancelot teddy bear look-a-like as the ring pillow itself
*lots of feather plumes in the centerpieces and such
*MIRRORS! lots of mirrors along the walls maybe like the closet full length mirrors you can get them for I think $6 at family dollar also maybe line the walls with fabric behind the mirrors
* lots of trees and shubbery like stuff
* you can suspend those clear christmas balls from fishing line so they are floating in the air
* a bowl full of peaches or a couple of peaches around the centerpieces...

ack I'm going to watch it again and see if I can think of anything else!

Okay so I watched the ballroom scene again and it looks like they have white candleabras draped with white pearls and beads and then I can't tell if it's feathers or white creeping moss set on the candle cups kind of to look like dripping wax... it's hard to get a clear look at them >_<

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009 04:44:35 PM by percyrosemont » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009 09:25:20 PM »

All I can think of when I remember this movie is when David Bowie stands up from the table and you get a clear shot of his....well you get the idea. My friend is obsessed with him, it's scary.

Anyway, could each table have a photo or something of each character? White christmas lights are always good atmosphere.

I can't think of a way to incorporate a maze without having guests end up in another state....hm..
How about stairs being incorporated somehow? Orbs and stairs...I dig it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blungoldangel
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009 09:33:36 AM »

You gotta do something with the little caterpillar thing.  It's so cute! lol.  Maybe have it sitting in the bouquet. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009 11:24:08 AM »

Seeing that the original post was made almost three year ago, I'm curious if the wedding took place and how it turned out! If the original poster is still around could we get an update?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not a real sport unless you can die from massive internal injuries.

http://i31.tinypic.com/14uja81.gif
edgefan17
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009 09:49:53 AM »

If it's a masquerade, than you can make DIY masquerade masks by cutting desired masks, then soaking masks in water. After leather is bendable you can mold it to your face. Add paint, stain, and beads, and you have unique masks that people can take home as gifts.

Also, the crystal orbs in the movie are for "contact juggling". You can purchase orbs at a local magic or costume shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatness of a craft consists firstly in how it brings comradeship to men.
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009 01:09:17 PM »

Check the local area to see if someone has a labyrinth in their yard - churches etc often have them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Crab Cakes
How to Make Potato Pancakes
Red Bean Succotash Recipe
How to Make Dinner with Only 5 Ingredients
How to Make Crab Fritters
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness
Pamper Yourself!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...