A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
419 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My attempt with the Portobello pixie "Gracie" Dress  (Read 2374 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wichitamom

Sewing & Crafts oh my!

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2009 10:39:38 AM »

I just got my portobello pixie patterns in the mail last Saturday and couldn't wait to give one of the dresses a shot, This one is the "gracie" dress It's basically a 2 tier dress with an bodice. The patterns do run small as most people say I made this dress one size bigger than my daughters true size.
I will say that I am a little disappointed in the patterns so much money but really when it comes down to it they are so simple it makes me upset that i chose to pay the price for the convenience of not having to think!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherry_blossom55
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009 10:44:51 AM »

it is very cute!!

why exactly are you disappointed in the patterns? is it the sizing issue, the price, etc?? (curious cause I'll be making some children's clothes this summer)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CeraMom
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009 11:10:00 AM »

Its adorable!

I get mad when patterns are *really* simple and they are very expensive.. but it really is that " not having to think " part, LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MAYELA
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009 12:03:44 PM »

Your daughter is beautiful! Again great job on your sewing really nice =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009 02:13:11 PM »

Well, it's certainly adorable, regardless of what you had to pay for the pattern! 
That said, I'm too cheap to pay high prices for patterns because I'm "sure" I can make it myself.  Now, the fact that I never actually sit down and do that is a problem...   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamalusco
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009 03:45:51 PM »

The dress turned out beautiful!  I felt guilty after buying her "Claire" pattern for the same reason - expensive!  I bought the Claire for the knot dress pattern, but the peasant & ruffles are the same as I've made before.  You do beautiful work...but sometimes it's nice to just open, cut and pin on your fabrics without thinking, so just think of this one as a lazy-day pattern Smiley  Good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kymy
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009 08:54:23 AM »

I think its adorable!!!!  I like her patterns though yes they are simple.  I have the Gracie but haven't tried it yet, I found the Claire to run true to size though.

As for the cost, I won't pay $13-$16 for a pattern...  I suggest finding a Co-op...  I got mine for $8.50 that way which I was willing to spend for the convince & the fact that it covers a good range of sizes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog!
My Crafty Blog ~ Hundreds of Free Tutorials/Patterns for Babylegs, Crib Sheets & more!
Open for personal swaps!
jaceebella
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009 02:43:06 PM »

Nice job! Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Black Women and Their Hair
Hair Tips: Customizing Your Curling Iron
2012 Emmy Awards Hairstyle Trends
How to Style Brunette Hair
How To Do A Reverse Side Braid Like Miley Cyrus
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Aubergine, Tomato and Goat Cheese Bake
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...