A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,735
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: weiner puppy neck warmer :D [NOW WITH PATTERN] :)  (Read 25709 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , dachshund , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

randomheartsx
« on: March 28, 2009 02:23:37 PM »

last night i woke up with the idea for a weiner puppy scarf.

close up on the face:

this picture shows the true colors [please ignore whatever my face was trying to do, haha] :

I wanted to add little paws, but ever design i came up with, i didn't like. do you have any sudgestions?

EDIT: I added a pattern. ^0^

This is my first pattern, so please bare with me. Feel free to correct me on any mistakes or mess-ups. You can adapt this pattern however you like, maybe to create differant breeds, make it for yourself, or create a cute present for that doggy lover friend of yours. All I ask is that you don't sell it. Smiley

Supplies:
I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn and a 6.00 mm hook. This pattern can adapt to pretty much any yarn or hook, I think.

Skills:
For the entire scarf, I used a single stich crochet, so this should be pretty easy for a beginner. Smiley

To start off, make a slipstich and chain two.
In the first stich, single stich once.

Turn it so that the tail is facing downwards and do two single stiches in the first stich and one in the next.

Row 2: 2 single stiches in the first stich and one single stich in the next two.

Row 3: 2 single stiches in the first stich and one single stich in the next three.

Row 4: 2 single stiches in the first stich and one single stich in the next four.

Row 5: 2 single stiches in the first stich and one single stich in the next five.

Row 6: 2 single stiches in the first stich and one single stich in the next six.

Row 7: one single stich accross the whole row. continue this with each row until you get it as long as you'd like, minus the tail.

When you're almost ready for the tail, start to decrease until your row is five stiches accross. To decrease, just skip the first stich in the row and do one single stich accross the rest of the row.

For the tail, do one single stich accross the whole row for five rows. Then decrease again until you're left with one stich. tie the knot and cut the yarn.

Now for the ears. You need to repeat this twice, once for each ear.

Chain five stiches. Do one single stich in each row for three rows.

Row 4: Decrease once, one single stich in the next four.

Row 5: Decrease once, one single stich in the next three.

Tie a knot and cut the yarn. Repeat for the second ear.

On the back of the scarf, I put a strap [as seen in the picture below] to keep the back attached. for this strap, Simply chain three and do one single stich in each stich until the strap is two rows longer than the width of your scarf. Tie a knot and cut the string.

For the collor, pick a differant color, and do the same as you did with the strap (chain three, single stich in each stich) until it is long enough to wrap around the neck of your dog. Tie a knot and cut the string.

For the eyes and nose, I cut peices of black and white felt in the shape that I wanted and super glued them in place. With the black felt, the glue turned parts of it white, so I used black sharpie to color over those parts.

Sew everything in place and try it on.

As I said before, this is my first pattern, so i'm not even sure if it makes any sence. I hope that you can figure it out, and if you have any sudgestions to make it better, please let me know. Also, I would LOVE to see pictures of your guys creations. Smiley

ps: I couldn't resist adding a picture of my puppy, the wiener dog to inspire it. Smiley

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009 09:19:34 AM by randomheartsx - Reason: added a tutorial » THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodtimegirl
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009 02:29:57 PM »

I'm not sure about paws, but I'd love it if you posted your pattern!! This is fantastic!

Definitely wisting it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

randomheartsx
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009 02:41:31 PM »

thanks you sooo much. Cheesy

i'm not sure how to write a pattern, but i'm working on figuring it out so that i could post one about this guy. he's too cute not to share. ~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009 03:01:13 PM »

I love this!  I have 2 dachshunds  Grin  Although I think I'd make the ears bigger! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snips and snails
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009 03:02:48 PM »

;DThis made me smile sooo much! Pretty pretty please (with sugar on top) post a pattern! It is so cute! You could totally make other dog breeds, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Atrandom
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009 04:25:21 PM »

Really cute! I second the idea of making different breeds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NotKnit

My best works.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009 06:54:38 PM »

Hitting "this rocks". I've had dachshunds my whole life and this scarf is adorable, if I had one in the same coat/colors as my babies I would wear it all winter long!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

randomheartsx
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009 07:13:16 PM »

thank you guys so much. i modled this after my baby dachhund. i'm working on the pattern right now (it's my first one. o.o) so i'll have it up as soon as i can. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodtimegirl
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009 07:51:47 PM »

thank you guys so much. i modled this after my baby dachhund. i'm working on the pattern right now (it's my first one. o.o) so i'll have it up as soon as i can. Smiley

I'm so excited you're making a pattern! Thanks so so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

randomheartsx
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009 09:22:08 AM »

There you guys go. I hope that it's understandable. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhappyfunshine
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009 12:38:41 PM »

Adorable! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all is love
goodtimegirl
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009 12:48:37 PM »

Thank you so so much for the pattern!! And your doxie is so cute! I'll for sure be going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to invest in some puppy-colored yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JeannieBoo
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009 01:50:01 PM »

I've just found my next project!  Thanks so much for the pattern.  It may be a while, but I'll post pictures when I'm done.  So Cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009 05:40:22 PM »

So cute!! And your dog is also! I miss when my little weiner was that small Tongue
thanks for the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carirae
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009 08:27:11 PM »

adorable!! thanks for posting a pattern. I work for a guide dog school, so I think this would be a big hit for Christmas gifts....I'll just make them in labrador colors... haha Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tarzioo
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009 12:49:02 AM »

AWESOME! I will definitely have to make this for my neice. She loves my little doxie too much! I think my poor dog is going to have a mini heart attack whenever my neice approches her lol. I just know she'll love this scarf!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myfairytalescomingtrue
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009 09:56:06 AM »

that is soooooooooooo cute!  i especially love the heart eyeballs!  nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Store - Fantastic Fabrics at Discount Prices
http://www.JeLowe.etsy.com

My Blog
http://jelowe.blogspot.com/
randomheartsx
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009 06:48:25 PM »

thank you SO much, guys. i'm glad you were able to understand it. good luck with your projects. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
reillyclanmom
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009 04:42:52 PM »

:)he is gorgeous   i will make one for each of my grandsons   the toddlers anyhow,  dont think the 12 year old would wear it.   thank you for the pattern i wll try to learn how to post pictures or get the grand kids to do it   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chicanapunk84
I like my vodka like I like my men, hard and cheap!

Craft or dye!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009 10:17:44 AM »

I can't crochet to save my life but my sister can. I'm going to bug her to make me one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

They'll say just let her crash and burn she'll learn
The attention just encourages her
ksaustin27
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009 09:18:18 AM »

Thanks so much for the pattern. It was super easy to make and somehow, even the finishing work was fun.  Thinking about adding some fur on the ears next time.  And, I'm not sure mine turned out looking like a weiner dog, but he's still lovable. Here's a link to my FO. http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=309712&cat=500&ppuser=47028
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charliehound_1
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012 09:35:59 AM »

Is there a chain one at the end of each row?? I have started this 4 times and think I must be doing it wrong.. is the tail of the yarn at the point of the nose?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charliehound_1
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012 01:09:31 PM »

about how long did you make this in inches?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susie in the sky
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012 02:57:41 PM »

Aww that's really sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty, eco-y, charity shopp-y, vegan-y, happy-y blog...

http://secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk/
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013 02:31:46 PM »

so cute!  Thank you for the pattern! Grin

pinned to Craftster's Crochet & Amigurumi Pinterest Board
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Not Your Average Pumpkin Pie
Take Your Thanksgiving Pie To The Next Level This Year
Mint-Infused Lemon Bars Recipe
DIY Gift Idea: How to Make Cupcakes in a Jar
Iced Pumpkin Mousse Pie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...