A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,041
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More maille! It is taking over my house!!  (Read 1159 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kwchick
« on: March 28, 2009 10:38:06 AM »

A belt! Started making a necklace and just kept on going . . . man, my hands sure hurt after this one!!

Rainbow bracelet

more stretchies

ANd I finnnnnally learned a new weave ( i am HORRIBLE with figuring out patterns) . . . captive inverted roundmaille .. . first attempt:

so with that one, I started out with two captive rings, but realized, wow, this thing isn't bending . . it would just turn into a stick!!! So, I joined the double rings with two chains of one captive . . though, my bro pointed out that the double captive would make an AWESOME curtain rod . . . lol, I will have to try that!

And, my second attempt  with that weave . . turned out beautiful . . I LOVE it!!! captive red and black rings:

thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't sell my stuff, but become a fan on Facebook!
Shylock_Designs
Dreaminsanity

everybody, just pretend to be normal!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009 10:42:53 AM »

Oh I love the new weave! Very pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cranberrry2001
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009 11:13:05 AM »

Nice work!! Smiley Where did you get y our beginning tools and maille from?? I knit, but I love the medieval look chainmaille has - and want to make a head set for myself for the Renaissance festival Smiley Talk to me if you have leads Wink we could share new patterns we find as we  go even!  Shocked so much fun!  Cheesy Keep at it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

landofoz
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009 12:46:50 PM »

All your work is so elegant and pretty!  I am especially fond of the brown and black stretchy bracelet.  I'm not a "girly" person, and I would totally wear one of those!  They are amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwchick
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009 05:00:19 PM »

Nice work!! Smiley Where did you get y our beginning tools and maille from?? I knit, but I love the medieval look chainmaille has - and want to make a head set for myself for the Renaissance festival Smiley Talk to me if you have leads Wink we could share new patterns we find as we  go even!  Shocked so much fun!  Cheesy Keep at it!

thank you!! I got my pliers from canadian tire . . . one pair had teeth so my dad grinded them off for me and they work well for the bigger rings. I got all my rings from The Ring Lord . . . very fast shipping, and NICE people, a HUGE selection! good luck with your future mailling!

All your work is so elegant and pretty!  I am especially fond of the brown and black stretchy bracelet.  I'm not a "girly" person, and I would totally wear one of those!  They are amazing!

thanks! They are super comfy too! It's funny - - my dad does not wear jewelry EVER, doesn't like it at all . .. I made him a "harley" version in orange and black and he never takes it off!!!! lol, the colours are starting to rub off already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shylock_Designs
Tamarama
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009 06:30:10 PM »

I like that yellow/orange bracelet and the captive red and black necklace.  Wow!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hawkwolf

I love to Maille!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009 02:06:38 PM »

ROFL....I know the feeling! (your title) ;P

Looks great! I don't think there's much you CAN'T do with maille.  Grin
Have fun!
Tadd (AKA Hawkwolf)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Custom chain maille for sale!
"http://www.Hawkwolfs.com/"
 Hawkwolf's Armory and Accoutrements
fancycrafter
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009 08:15:59 PM »

I'm usually in the paper crafts section as that's basically my craft. But, I'm looking into other things now too. So, I just saw this as I was looking at all the posts in this section. I like it, especially the bracelets. Seems it could be fun to make, figuring out how to do the weaves to put it together and all. I was looking at that Ring Lord website and they sure do have a lot to choose from. I love the colors they have shown for the anodized and titanium ones. I think I'm going to try making a bracelet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwchick
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009 03:56:26 AM »

Go for it for sure! I used to work a lot with wire and beads, but since I got the rings I haven't been able to put them down, and I'm just using simple weaves! It is so much fun . . the ring lord is great and their shipping prices drop often. I just ordered a scale sampler and am so excited about my next package coming this week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shylock_Designs
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009 03:04:18 PM »

That all look so awesome!  I really like the way the double captive necklace turned out, even if it wasn't intentional.  The bar is such a neat looking effect!

I might have to give in and order a bunch of stuff from the ring lord and go through bugging a friend about reshipping for me in that case... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew Butterfly Finger Puppets
How to Make an Accordion Memory Photo Album
How to Make Patriotic Flag Pins
How to Make Crazy Crayons
How to Decorate Bags with Apples
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...