A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FUNKY BLACK PURSE Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 23/04/05)  (Read 12485 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 26, 2005 02:24:22 PM »

Swap name: Funky Black Purse Swap

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: crafty_dame
Sign-up date range: Saturday March 26 Ė Saturday April 2
Date to send item by: Saturday April 23

Limited to a certain number of people? no, though if it starts to get extremely popular, I might get overwhelmed and cap it. So if youíre interested, sign up right away!

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Most definitely.

All ages allowed? Or 18+? sure

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer has been a member for at least 1 month and will
make sure that every participant has been a member for
at least 1 month: YES

Details of swap:

i was really impressed with the originality in the hot pink purse swap (check out that gallery for pictures!), and this swap will be the same in black. black purses are a handy thing to have, since they go with almost everything, and there would be so many ways to make them original.

you could do black on black stenciling, textured black fabric, black sequins, cool black upholstery fabric, black appliquť, knitted or crocheted black bags, basically anything as long as black was the main colour in it.

Everyone will make one black purse, and receive one black purse in return.

There have been a lot of flakes lately in swaps, and a lot of half-assed swap packages being sent. Please donít sign up unless youíre willing to put effort into the bag you make. Iíve added a bunch of questions to the questionnaire, please answer them with as many details as possible. I really want to try to match everyone with a partner who will make them a bag that suits them. Iím not guaranteeing that you will be swapping with someone in your own country, and Iím not going to automatically match Canadians with people overseas. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! YOU MAY HAVE TO SHIP OUTSIDE OF YOUR OWN COUNTRY! My biggest priority is going to be matching people up by styles and that sort of thing, not by geography.

When you mail your package, you need to let me and your swap partner know. Please send us a pm. And you must use Delivery Confirmation. I know that itís sometimes not possible, or too expensive when shipping between countries, but itís REQUIRED when youíre shipping within your own country. And please ask at the post office if youíre shipping between countries. Sometimes it is possible to get it, and itís only a few dollars more. If you can't get DC, you MUST save your receipt.

When you get your package, you need to let me and your swap partner know.  Please send us a pm. Post pictures in the swap gallery if possible. If pictures arenít possible, please post a description in the gallery.

PLEASE TRY TO MAKE SOMETHING YOUR PARTNER WILL LIKE. Everyone has different tastes, and thatís fine, but if your partner says they hate orange and black, DONíT make them an orange and black purse. It may seem obvious, but apparently itís not.

PLEASE DONíT FINISH YOUR PURSE BEFORE YOU ARE ASSIGNED A PARTNER. Please wait to see what your partner would like. Iím allowing three weeks between the end of sign up and the mail date, if you donít think this is enough time, please let me know.

IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC PURSE DESIGN THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE, please contact me about it. Iíll try to give you a partner who would love it.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Funky Black Purse Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
You MUST be willing to ship to an address outside of the US to participate in this swap. Are you willing?
WHAT SIZE OF BAG WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE? (ie, wrist bag, clutch, handbag, shoulderbag, etc)
WHATíS YOUR STYLE? (ie, goth, preppy, punk, girly, etc)
WHAT COLOURS DO YOU LIKE WITH BLACK? WHAT COLOURS DO YOU HATE WITH BLACK?
DO YOU HAVE ANY FAVOURITE IMAGES OR SYMBOLS? (ie, stars, skulls, hearts, broken hearts, crosses, etc)
WHAT WOULD YOU LOVE TO RECEIVE? HATE TO RECEIVE?
WHAT ARE YOUR CRAFT SKILLS? (ie, sewing, knitting, reconstructing, embroidery, etc)
WHAT KIND OF BAG ARE YOU THINKING OF SENDING?
WHAT KIND OF BAG DO YOU NOT WANT TO MAKE?
CAN YOU PROVIDE LINKS THAT WOULD HELP YOUR SWAP PARTNER GET AN IDEA OF WHO YOU ARE, YOUR STYLE? (ie, posts youíve made on craftster, a website, a livejournal, whatever)
DO YOU HAVE A WAY TO POST PICTURES? (it's okay if you don't, but i'd like to try to match you with someone who can)
DO YOU GIVE YOUR PARTNER PERMISSION TO POST PICTURES OF THE BAG THEY RECEIVE IN THE SWAP GALLERY?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005 03:28:15 AM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005 04:11:46 PM »

I was so sad that I missed the hot pink swap.
Thanks! You can't have too many black bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftydame

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005 04:42:19 PM »

5 people already (well, 6 with me) and it's only been a few hours!

this is so exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005 06:04:22 PM »

I started looking online for black fabric and I can't wait to get my partner. Hopefully I'll get partnered with someone who likes modern/geometric patterns *hint hint**. I'm glad the sign up isn't long, I'm ready to get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
craftydame

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005 07:57:18 PM »

the list so far -

tinapickles
Tinygoatstacker
jadey_mcshadey
hawaiilove
mrs.benjimadden
wingedwallflower
pibbgirl
annamal
simply
thequeenjane
Elwood
acesulfamek   
wordtoashley
Shotgun_Bettie
Crafty-dame
Moominvalley

if you have pm'd me and you're not on the list, please contact me! it's late at night, and i'm sleepy, i may have missed you!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005 12:51:20 AM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005 07:17:52 PM »

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Most definitely.

Iím not guaranteeing that you will be swapping with someone in your own country, and Iím not going to automatically match Canadians with people overseas. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! YOU MAY HAVE TO SHIP OUTSIDE OF YOUR OWN COUNTRY! My biggest priority is going to be matching people up by styles and that sort of thing, not by geography.

as i said in the original swap description, you MUST be willing to ship internationally to join this swap. internationally means countries other than canada and the us. i really don't understand what the problem is with this. americans have the cheapest shipping anyway, it costs them less to ship internationally than it costs canadians. we're only talking about a few dollars more!

please don't sign up and then send me a pm saying that you won't ship internationally. i won't add you to the swap list, and you're just wasting my time, and your own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wordtoashley
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005 07:29:33 AM »

::diesof excitement::
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005 04:26:30 PM »

Did I PM you or am I going nuts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftydame

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005 07:27:21 PM »

Did I PM you or am I going nuts?

you did!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moominvalley
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005 07:49:43 PM »

My gosh...I've been waiting for a swap organizer like you. No offence to any crafters/swapees that I've been paired up with, but I'm kinda getting sick of being paired up with the same names all the time as organizers are trying to 'protect' the shipping within US thing.

That just totally left those of us outside US circulating among ourselves for most swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pear Butterscotch Pie Recipe
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Swirl Brownie Recipe
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
FullyRaw Fruit Popsicle Recipe
How to Make a Gluten Free Chocolate Mousse
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...