A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,296
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's strip! the swap with a twist  (Read 13309 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009 07:49:16 PM »

I think it might be interesting to have staggering strips across the width, but I'm okay with what the group prefers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009 10:50:47 PM »

I read through the discussion thread and am really excited about this swap now!  I def. think it's an excuse to hit up Fabric Depot.  Wanna go together MareMare?  Smiley
One question though, is it possible to bow out of the contest portion of the swap or is it an all or nothing sort of thing?  We have a big vacation/wedding coming at the end of May so there is no way I would be able to participate in making something out of the strips so soon after receiving.  Either way I am still interested in the swap.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009 10:54:39 PM »

I want to drive down and go to fabric depot with you all!  I love fabric depot lol. 

I'd thought about that part too, I think it's a great way to encourage us to use the strips, but by no means is it a requirement to make from them and be a part of the contest portion  (I figure feedback is left after strips are received, the other part is just to make it more fun!)   I would like all of us even if we aren't participating in the completion of a top from the strips to agree to send a FQ to whomever wins though, as it'd be an awesome prize for the winner to get so many varied FQ's Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009 12:18:09 AM »

Jeez I forgot to comment and wasn't getting replies. Doh!

Where are you in WA GothChics?

Yes klum78! I meant to pm you and see if you were interested in this swap. This week thursday, or next week on my days off works for me.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009 12:19:19 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 2/12

~The 2015 Quiltalong! is up and chugging along! Come join us!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009 08:14:03 AM »

I want to drive down and go to fabric depot with you all!  I love fabric depot lol. 

I'd thought about that part too, I think it's a great way to encourage us to use the strips, but by no means is it a requirement to make from them and be a part of the contest portion  (I figure feedback is left after strips are received, the other part is just to make it more fun!)   I would like all of us even if we aren't participating in the completion of a top from the strips to agree to send a FQ to whomever wins though, as it'd be an awesome prize for the winner to get so many varied FQ's Smiley

I love it too, which is why I try to not go too often!  Smiley

I don't mind sending out a FQ, I just know I'm not gonna be able to make anything right away.  Thanks.

Oh and I love my parrot avatar!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
Wisty Goodness
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009 02:57:31 PM »

I'm up in the Olympia Area but love Portland, it's bad I know how long it takes for me to get from my front door to fabric depot (it's always my first stop when I go down there lol) 

I went today to look at fabrics and had a little too much fun (we'll blame my girlfriend for bailing on our shopping outing lol)  I normally don't do anything on April Fool's day (being named April it has tainted the fun of April Fools day for me for life)  But I'm glad I did the fabric store had an awesome sale, and to boot for every $10 I spent I got a ticket to enter myself in to win a fantastic quilt from their shop displays.  Amazing fabric shop too sooooo much to look at in there and so many finished quilts and designs that just spoke to me on so many levels lol.   Also learned they have a 50's club, and they keep track of the fabrics you buy and when you've bought 50 yards you get a $25 gift certificate.  I think I bought 22 yards today :O bad me.

I'm sure most of the strips I do will come from my haul today, here's a peeky picture at what I brought home today (can you say addict much?) lol  The picture is clickable so you can enjoy all the fabric goodies with me. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whoopdedoo_5
I can resist anything...except temptation :P

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009 02:57:59 PM »

i think i might have to join up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009 03:01:07 PM »

oh and PS I've updated the participant list and feedback if you'll check if you're showing up that'd be awesome let me know if there are any issues! (I'm trying to work out the one with the swap name looking funny and will get that fixed soon!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009 09:34:03 PM »

I just sent my PM.  Figured I should do that since I bought my fabric today...  Smiley  MareMare, I mean MareMacrame, and I did a quick trip to Fabric Depot.  They were have a 20% off everything sale, so sweet!  I was excited to get out of there for less than $15.  Go me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness
Linnybelle
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009 09:47:18 PM »

GothChics, I totally just bought some of that composer fabric for my Mom.  Weird, but in a good way.  I'm also jealous of your horde, I just bought a bunch, but from my local thrift store (that will not be in the swap), so it's not full yardages. 

I'm also showing up just fine on the front page and my profile.

I think that it should be a between groups/partners to decide whether or not to have staggered strips.  I know that the couple of possible patterns I have in mind wouldn't work if there were seams in the middle of strips.

Also, should I be buying my fabric all now?  I'm confused about that bit.  I have at least one piece here that will be going in every strip, if possible, it's kind of my signature type thing, but I don't have anything else yet.  Are we supposed to be sending fabrics that we like, or ones that we think our partners would like too?  Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the chatter, I did read all the pages first, but couldn't find my answer.

I am excited to hear about all the fabric buying going on though and I'm plotting my strategy to hit up both my local fabric stores.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Lip Syncing for Animation
How to Use Animation Effects in Sprout
How to Animate Crush Test Dummy
How to Use Paths and Dupliframes in Blender
How to Get the Perfect Body with Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Toddler Teething Cookies
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...