A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rockin'est Kitchen EVER Potholders and Oven Mitts!  (Read 1033 times)
Tags for this thread: potholder  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: March 27, 2009 08:30:09 PM »

I usually don't post projects because most of what I've been making lately is for swaps, and are therefore posted there, but then I realized that not everyone reads the swap boards, so I'm posting some of my favorite items I've sent over the last year.

This is a set of oven mitts and pot holders I made for 2711 for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap. I used the heat-proof batting in both so they can withstand the heat of hot pans and pots. I machine quilted the pink fabric for the oven mitts and then sewed them on the machine and added the bias tape to the bottom. I'm not 100% happy with them because I made them a little too small originally (I couldn't get my hand through the narrow wrist part) so I had to add the blue fabric (because I was out of the pink! *$#%!). I think they turned out looking alright, but the blue part isn't lined with the batting, so that's a bit disappointing.

The pot holders, on the other hand, I LOVE. This is a "quilt-as-you-go" method that mimiw taught jenicat who in turn taught me. It was SO much fun. The back is all one of the pink fabrics. Each piece is quilted in place and several are top-stitched as well. I wish I had taken a photo of the back to show. I made my aunt placemats for Christmas using the same technique which I will post later.

I wanted to avoid cottage-style or "country kitchen" style fabrics so I went with a pink, turquoise and black with skulls theme. (Can't get much less "country kitchen" than that! Wink)

I wish I had more pictures, but I didn't think to take more as I wasn't planning on posting them at that time. Hope you like them! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009 06:24:42 PM »

Those are cute - I love potholders & things...And you're right, skulls are about as un-country as you can get.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Hoodoo
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009 02:16:00 PM »

wow, they are really nice! You inspired me!

Petra
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookwormbethie
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009 02:28:44 PM »

yes, definitely very un-country!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Cream Blushes For Different Skin Tones
Foods to Avoid For Better Skin
New Tool To Apply Perfect Eye Makeup
Packing 101: Everything You Need for a Summer Wedding
Japanese Snail Beauty Treatment
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...