A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery for my Spring: Apron! ¤ ¤ GALLERY ::: Send out 04/18 ¤¤  (Read 7885 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

messeis
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2009 07:09:55 AM »

Nannetta- I love the happy little frogs and the buttons are perfect too.
Dharma_rebel- I still hate sewing curves but you did it beautifully, very pretty design too.
Great Job everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KCMonkey
Silly Monkey

Except that one. . .and Mickey Dolenz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2009 09:01:46 AM »

I love the fabric on both the aprons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:
Missing my awesome evil minions and wishing they were here
Going Christmas craft crazy
In love with the miracle of modern medicine
Needing to brush my shedding dogs

My Gigantic Wist
ineedart
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2009 11:12:52 AM »

I love the frogs! I will admit I had a hard time picturing what cross-stitch would look like on an apron. I always picture it framed on a wall. But wow! The cross stitched aprons are marvelous, and those frogs are just fun, fun, fun!

And PY...you got a beautiful apron alright. DharmaRebel...you are very brave sewing curves as a beginner. What a gorgeous apron! I love every bit of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
norahkate
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2009 04:42:25 PM »

I received the most fabulous apron from messeis today!  I just adore it...and there's even a matching headband and potholder.  My husband oohed and aahed over it too.  The same man who said a few days ago "I think what you're doing looks nice, but I'm just not really that into embroidery I guess."  Well, my wonderful partner seems to have him rethinking that. Wink
Thank you so much!

And just because it's too funny, a piece of the package I am sending in return.  We didn't tell each other what we were putting on the aprons, so this cracked me up.  Props to PerachYafeh for a perfect pairing of partners!  (Don't you just love alliteration? Roll Eyes)  I'm such a dork. Undecided

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009 11:03:31 AM by norahkate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
mindboggld
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2009 04:56:23 PM »

i love the pattern of the birds with the cherries! Where did ya find it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PerachYafeh
C.A.D.©ing around...

Got crafts?YouGetFun!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2009 08:05:45 PM »

Okay!

My little thing was sooo cute that I decide to make a post just for it...today I put on my Blog and now over here....Just check this beautiful piece of work....A felted little sheep! This is her first piece! Can you believe that??!

Dharma you went wayyy beyond your call....I am so thankful for the spoiling....I will cherish your pieces for the longest time  Kiss

ps: I am late posting updated feedback..I will try to work on it this weekend...I am getting home way too late...and I want to avoid mistakes..Tks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

messeis
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2009 07:06:04 AM »

i love the pattern of the birds with the cherries! Where did ya find it??

I looked everywhere for patterns and changed my mind a dozen times but I think that one came from this flicker group.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/hooplove/
There are so many cute ones listed there.

For some reason I couldn't see the pictures earlier. But know that I can I love that little red bird.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009 12:03:22 PM by messeis » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2009 04:13:00 PM »

Oh, I love the red gingham. So pretty. And the embroidery fits it perfectly!

Thanks for the compliments on my sewing. The first thing I ever sewed was Barbie clothes for a "Feminist Art" class project. I didn't know tiny clothes are supposed to be hard to sew until after I did it. Same with the apron. I didn't know curves were hard to sew. It didn't seem that difficult when I was doing it!

Also, apologies to PY for not yet posting pics of me in my new apron. I have company from out of town, but I'm gonna try to get my friend to take my pic for me, so you don't have to see a mirror shot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2009 07:32:38 AM »

This has been such a wonderful swap.  Thanks to our organizer and co organizer.  I am in between swaps and just going back through the gallery.  We have some great aprons and  some great crafters.  I love seeing the 1st time attempts and how great they come out. I love getting crafters 1st's they have a special meaning for me. all the  Fantastic job ladies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ineedart
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2009 10:51:43 AM »

Dharma_Rebel-the lamb is a work of ART! It is so sweet and wonderful.

And yeah, sewing small stuff is a pain, eh? It made me laugh, because I sewed my own wedding dress. Dived right in and sewed away...all 14 yards of satin, and a gazillion other notions, and it came out beautifully. Only when I went to buy my veil, and they asked me where I got my dress, I told them what pattern and  the lady, an experienced seamstress...said 'Oh, my! That's the hardest pattern on the market right now.'  ::)I guess sometimes its just as good to be ignorant of it all and just do it, right? Your apron was beautiful and the curves impressive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Skin Care Myths Busted
Is L’Oreal Magic Nude The Perfect Giorgio Armani Foundation Dupe?
The Right Way to Apply Cream Blush
Beauty Report: A/W Nail Colour Favourites
Bobby Pin Beauty Hacks
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...