A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,662
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lord Of The Rings Swap Gallery  (Read 8572 times)
Tags for this thread: lord_of_the_rings  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aethelberga
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009 02:40:47 PM »

I never would have guessed. Woodburning usually doesn't grab me, but that looks like inlay. Very rich and elegant looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mellifluous
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009 05:00:55 PM »

WOW! Look at all those wonderful cross stitches!

Thanks Lunamione!  Smiley I love to cross stitich.

___________________ ___________________ _________________

I received from pinkleo on Thursday but when I went to take pics I discovered that my camera battery had died and needed rechargng. She crafted for me and pinupmommy so if this looks a bit like deja vu, that's why. lol

First off, I have to thank pinkleo for her wonderful gifts and express my admiration of her excellent crafting skills. Everything is so beautiful, moreso than the pics show, and very beloved. I knew this was going to be a great swap and I was right. You just can't go wrong with Lord of the Rings.

Here is a "book" that is actually a jewelry box. The design is J.R.R. Tolkien's monogram in Elvish. It's awesome!

Here is the jewelry box open, with a Smaug bookmark. Smaug is the dragon from The Hobbit. In Tolkien's universe, dragons are creatures of Morgoth, imbued with evil spirits.

He doesn't look so mean, does he?  Cheesy

Here is an Eye of Sauron necklace. This is such a great piece. I love the colors. It will go great with everything. Because my mom can't take the pics, she gets to do the modeling.

Here is the necklace and bookmark together.

Here my mom models a Mithril shawl. The stitches look like rings and there is silver thread running through it! It's so warm and cozy. Perfect for when the ac or the evenings get too cool.

I had originally told pinkleo this totebag was my favorite. But after putting all the items through their paces, I can't pick a favorite anymore. It's all amazing!

The colors on this are so vibrant and shiny. It didn't come out in the pic. I was losing my light.

Finally, here is an 'action shot' of the tote and shawl together. They're going to make a great team.

pinkleo is an amazing crafter and generous swapper. I love all my things and I thank you for capturing my LOTR interests so perfectly.  Smiley

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009 05:26:29 PM by Mellifluous » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jilltheimpossible
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009 10:04:06 PM »

hey everyone! sorry for the delay in posting pics, i actually got my package about a week ago. i've had some pretty frustrating internet problems since moving into a new apartment so thats why it took so long. well without further ado...!
this is everything!
a little backstory-back in september my house was blown to Oz by hurricane Ike, taking my entire collection of books with it. so i lost all of my LOTR books! Cry but my awesome partner sent me new ones!(well, they're new to me hehe. their actually used books, but thats ok because i hate breaking in brand new books. used books just have a better feel to them.) she sent me the LOTR trilogy PLUS the silmarillion! she also made me this 100% original knitted hobbity hat. she made the pattern herself:)

she also made me this 100% original knitted hobbity hat. she made the pattern herself:) i've been wearing it everynight this week because its soo comfy and keeps my head warm

and this box that looks like a book that i can hide all my knick-knacks in

and inside i found these! im going to hang them on the banzai tree in my room hah

and two more cute little boxes. i abosultely love the "Samwise Gamgee's Precious Things" one

thanks so much , electric fire! awesome package!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009 10:05:37 PM by jilltheimpossible » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuckmachinic
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009 05:01:44 AM »

jilltheimpossible: cute stuff! And I'm happy you got the books too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

well you're magic he said but don't let it all go to your head
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009 09:52:09 AM »

this 100% original knitted hobbity hat. she made the pattern herself:)
...thanks so much , electric fire! awesome package!
Wow, electric fire! Simply fabulous hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Electric Fire
Resident Hobbit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009 08:50:32 AM »

I'm so glad you like it Jill! Smiley

That hat was so much fun to make, I really didn't want to send it away Smiley but its in a good home!

I got my package from Jill just a few days ago, and as soon as I get my camera to work, I'll get pictures up. But in the meantime, here's what she gave me: the most awesome Tolkien logo clock - its a giant wood cookie with his logo on it, and its a clock!! Smiley , a Gollum pillow that says "My Precious", a lovely t-shirt that has the four hobbits on it and says "You know what they say about big feet..." and some really awesome LotR stationary (and harry potter stickers Smiley )

Thanks so much Jill!!!! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One little spark of inspiration is at the root of all Creation! One little spark can make your fancy fly - there's more to sight, then meets the eye!

http://www.wists.com/electric_fire
Mellifluous
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009 04:38:13 PM »

That hat is awesome, Electic Fire. It looks just like something a hobbit would wear. I love the book box with the dragon too. Is that hand drawn? Very nicely done.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Electric Fire
Resident Hobbit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009 04:01:57 PM »

That hat is awesome, Electic Fire. It looks just like something a hobbit would wear. I love the book box with the dragon too. Is that hand drawn? Very nicely done.  Smiley

Yes it is hand drawn Smiley There's also a cute illustration on the back of the hobbits with the ents. I wish I had taken a picture of the back, it was pretty adorable Smiley

Still trying to get that camera working. its so frustrating when you can't figure out why something isn't working.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One little spark of inspiration is at the root of all Creation! One little spark can make your fancy fly - there's more to sight, then meets the eye!

http://www.wists.com/electric_fire
Mellifluous
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009 09:01:46 PM »

Yes it is hand drawn  There's also a cute illustration on the back of the hobbits with the ents. I wish I had taken a picture of the back, it was pretty adorable

Wow, you're good. I couldn't tell for sure if you had drawn or traced it. The back sounds cute as well.

Still trying to get that camera working. its so frustrating when you can't figure out why something isn't working.

I hate that. Digital cameras are great, but they are hard to figure out. I'm usually good with electronics but the two things that stump me are cell phones and digital cameras.  Smiley I hope you can figure it out and that it's an easy fix.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009 07:15:38 AM »

Dammit! I can't believe I missed this swap! Pleeeaaase tell me there'll be another one soon!  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Sleeping Cat Tutorial
How to Draw Various Comic Figures
How to Draw Abe Lincoln
How to Pour Acrylic Paint
JohnK Explains Cartoon Construction Pt. 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...