A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,964
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lord Of The Rings Swap Gallery  (Read 8604 times)
Tags for this thread: lord_of_the_rings  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lunamione
Spirit of the West

Y'know where steel wool comes from? Robot sheep!

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2009 06:17:12 AM »

Post pictures of your goodies here!

SENT:
Disco Queen Highness
aethelberga
pinupmommy
Mellifluous
pinkleo
jilltheimpossible
stuckmachinic
Electric Fire

RECIEVED:
aethelberga
Disco Queen Highness
pinkleo
pinupmommy
Mellifluous
Electric Fire
Lunamione + Ruby Copperhead

panda is an Angel for stuckmachinic

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009 10:25:06 AM by Lunamione » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The stage is waiting. The audience thirsts for adventure. Who am I? I could be anyone. -- Rango

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot
aethelberga
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009 04:27:41 PM »

I am so lucky to be the first person to have received their parcel in the swap, sent to me by the awesome DiscoQueenHighness. I got it a couple of days ago, but didn't want to open it until I had sent hers out. Well, I sent it out today on my way home from work, so I treated myself to an unboxing before I started dinner.
First came this:

A beautiful water bottle with a nice foresty print on it, reminiscent of either Lothlorien or the Pacific Northwest.

Next was a notebook:

The paper inside is a variety of colours and styles, and is beautiful.

For my cubicle at work (I have decided) were these:

Magnetic notepads with pics from the movie, including my two faves, Gimli and Strider. Detail below.

Finally came the pice de rsistance, an amazing craft tote, complete with the Tree of Gondor. Here is a closeup of the tree detail:

and the Interior of the bag:

and detail of the gorgeous fabric inside:

Thanks so much for everything DiscoQueenHighness, and thanks for making my first swap so much fun.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Capgirl
Never laugh at live dragons

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009 04:44:33 PM »

wow. those are awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My task is set before me, girl
My mission clear and true
Therell be black knights and dragons, girl
But I will always come for you
― Emme Rollins
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009 05:41:35 PM »

I'm happy you like everything, aethelberga.  I noticed you liked the knitting bucket, but that wasn't cost effective postage wise for me.  So, I did the next best thing and made a knitting bag for you.  It's got room for knitting needles (striaght, DPN's & circular) and crochet hooks, Oh, and a bit of yarn, too.  Hopefully it will fit you toting around needs.  Lately, I've been all about recycling & being green so, when I saw that water bottle it screamed LOTR to me.  There's room for it in the bag, too.  Now, you needn't worry about being parched while crafting on-the-go.  Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
aethelberga
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009 06:18:15 PM »

I love the water bottle. My boss came in to work with a plain metal one with a similar lid the other week and I really coveted it (as I am wary of drinking out of plastic) but this one is MUCH nicer. I love the print and the copper colour.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009 06:28:46 PM »

My husband made me get rid of all of my plastic.  It was painful as I had a ton of Tupperware.  My Tupperware lady was crushed, too.  Anyway, he approves of the metal bottles.  These are all the rage here in the Seattle area, too.  Makes it nice because we've got quite a selection to choose from.  I also like being able to refill my container instead of always using throw-away cups.  Everyone's going green ya know.  I take mine in the convience store here and they let me fill it for a quarter.  Can't beat a deal like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists
Etsy
stuckmachinic
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009 04:23:24 AM »

Those are all too beautiful! You're so lucky, aethelberga Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

well you're magic he said but don't let it all go to your head
Mellifluous
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009 06:11:03 PM »

Wow, these are all awesome. That water bottle is great, and that knitting tote makes me want to take up knitting. Nicely done DiscoQueenHighness.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009 01:08:45 PM »

To say I received is an understatement.  I was completely spoiled.  Thank you so, so much aethelberga.  Here's a group shot of all of my amazing goodies...

Aethelberga asked which I liked better, Gandalf the Grey or Gandalf the White.  Can you guess which one is my preference?  Her amazing crafting skills shine through with my newest love (move over hubby) Gandalf the Grey.

Next is an amazing Men of Rohan crochet hook roll done in reverse applique.  I love all of the artwork of Rohan.  It reminds me a lot of celtic artwork.  This horse is amazing!

Here's the inside...  aethelberga even included a few crochet hooks for me.  Thank you!

Here we have, Eowin.  Unfortunately, she's having a bad hair day.  It must get really cold in Rohan, so much so that one of her beautiful braids snapped in the chill.  I'll see what I can do to put her straight, though.

Elvish writing is so beautiful.  I love my new rice pack and cover.  What a pretty and useful piece of art!  I'm always so dang cold this will definately get put to great use.

I love this bag with the Tree of Gondor on it.  This is going to be very striking on my wall of WIP bags.  Now I just have to decide which project is going to go into it.  Maybe, I'll just use it for my purse for a while so I can enjoy it's beauty while I'm out, before it joins the art bags on my wall.

And the one thing I requested is more amazing than even I could have guessed...  It's a ponytail hat from my wist list and matching fingerless mitts.  They are so soft I can hardly believe it.  Hard to believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually glad there's snow in this weeks forcast (in April).  That means I can still enjoy these and not have to wait until next fall.

aethelberga, you completely spoiled me.  I really appreciate the time you took to craft for me.  Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009 01:17:04 PM by Disco Queen Highness - Reason: Poor grammar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists
Etsy
aethelberga
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009 04:05:40 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything. I had so much fun doing it. Bummer about the little 'Eowyn' but polymer clay does glue fairly well. I should also say that the elvish text says 'All that is gold does not glitter'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Colour Temperature Is
Watch This Instead #63 - Hot Tub Time Machine
The Film Lab: Lighting Ratios
Top Slow-motion videos
How to Use Light Meters
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...