A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,066
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Book Lovers Swap Gallery!  (Read 16980 times)
Tags for this thread: vampire , template  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Megzy818
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2009 10:34:13 AM »

great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
purevitality
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2009 11:09:42 AM »

I'm going to be honest... I'm not sure if I should post pictures because I don't want everyone to be jealous. Every whose already received got great things! It's just that luckdragon COMPLETELY spoiled me!

The books (Bel Canto and Jitterbug Perfume)! Her choices were spot on! Today is my first day of break so I'm finally able to start reading!

In this (^^^) picture you can also see the fantastic bookmarks (note the great fight club quote) and the book strap that I've been using all week!

My younger brother's friend, Louis, with an action shot of the book strap. He was confused. Good sport though.

And the fantastic book tote:

It matches the book strap and the reading journal she made me! I'm absolutely in love with the lining fabric. Unfortunately, as luckdragon can tell you, technology and I don't get along very well and my pictures are less than wonderful. So it definitely doesn't do the tote justice.

She also sent fantastic pens and a Texas Longhorns hat!

Karen, if you have better pictures, please do post! I want everyone to see how great the package was. Again, thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everybody here is out of sight
they dont bark and they dont bite
they keep things loose they keep it tight
everybodys dancing in the moonlight
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2009 11:24:34 AM »

this swap is definitely producing some awesome goods!  I love all the colors and polka dots on the strap and the bag!   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
goosegg1001
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2009 12:14:33 PM »

MsLabelle, You are going to be a cross stitching pro with all that supplies she sent!

Im loving this gallery, everything is so awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mslabelle
Corgis are the sweetest!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2009 12:46:38 PM »

I know.  I didn't even remember saying I was interested in it.  There's a piece of cross stitch fabric that looks like it's intended to be a bookmark so I decided that's what it will be.  I plan to put "Frack off!  I'm reading." on it.  Anyone notice the Battlestar Galactica reference there?

Love2teach spoiled me with the bag.  There are lots of pockets inside and out.  The slippers are really comfy but I can only wear them when I'm sitting with my legs propped up.  Our youngest pup for some unknown reason hates any slippers I wear.  But she'll leave them alone as long as I'm sitting.  She's a weird girl.

It looks like everyone has gotten some great stuff so far.  Can't wait for love2teach to get her's.

Sorry for my pics and description being posted seperate.  I've never put pictures on a website before as I'm pretty computer illiterate.  I asked my husband to show me.  Mr. supposed to be a good IT guy had trouble figuring it out and then posted without giving me a chance to say anything. Roll Eyes  Husbands...hard to put up with them sometimes but you can't knee them in the bits either.  Sorry for rambling there but he's been ticking me off all day. Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I reject your reality and substitute my own.  --Adam Savage
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2009 12:55:05 PM »

I got the battlestar reference and I love it!   Cheesy

Yeah, I'm not too in love with the craftster photo hosting mainly because my pictuers are always too big for it and I can't figure out how to reduce them without making them crazy grainy, so I just use photobucket and paste the img code in here  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2009 01:23:40 PM »

Ooo. All the booky goodness.  Cheesy Your packages are so beautiful I too love all the dots, both polka and non.  I loved this swap and all the related conversations.  Venus is a happy girl!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2009 04:05:39 PM »

Whoo hoo!!!  I received my absolutely fabulous package today from purevitality!  I'm so excited...she hit everything spot on!  Ready? 

Here's everything in all of its wonderous glory  Grin  - along with my very curious kitty, Tiger Lily -

Not one, not 2, but 3 books...I love them all, but I'm particularly excited about the "Born-Again Vintage" book!  Plus candles and mint tea to enhance my reading time  Cheesy

Close up of the eye glasses case and eye glasses hanger. 

Eye glasses holder in action!  I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but the color on the inside of my glasses matches the blue in the hanger exactly!

Adorable bag in great colors!  It reminds me of a little sundress - so cute!  I think my daughter has already staked her claim on it!

Thank you so much Rae!  Everything was just great!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009 04:08:45 PM by luckdragon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
love2teach

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009 04:51:53 PM »

I got my package today from mslabelle .  It is awesome.  I feel very spoiled.  I received a fantastic blue bag with a huge pocket on the front.  It is perfect for putting my teacher's guides inside and my gradebook fits perfectly in the front pocket.  Inside the bag were three books and I have a long weekend and it is suppose to rain all weekend.  Now I have reading material and don't have to stop by the library.  I got an amazing DNA bracelet and a bookmark that has a quote from my favorite scientists, Albert Einstein.  I teach middle school science so it is perfect.  There is a beautiful charm hanging from my bag and a book thong too.  Thank you mslabelle.  I love it all  Grin

Photo of the bag:

Closeup of the bookmark and book thong:

Closeup of the charm and bracelet:

Books and Journal:

Thank you again.   love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
love2teach

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2009 04:57:24 PM »

I know.  I didn't even remember saying I was interested in it.  There's a piece of cross stitch fabric that looks like it's intended to be a bookmark so I decided that's what it will be.  I plan to put "Frack off!  I'm reading." on it.  Anyone notice the Battlestar Galactica reference there?

It was the last thing you said on the questionnaire.  I thought it would be fun putting together a how to kit for you.

Love2teach spoiled me with the bag.  There are lots of pockets inside and out.  The slippers are really comfy but I can only wear them when I'm sitting with my legs propped up.  Our youngest pup for some unknown reason hates any slippers I wear.  But she'll leave them alone as long as I'm sitting.  She's a weird girl.

I patterned the bag after one on your wist.  I'm of the philosophy the more pockets the better.  I've already had 4 requests for bags.  I made the mistake of bringing it to school with me and showing it to some of the teachers I work with.  I'm glad you liked everything.

love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Dressed Stars: Beyonce, Jessica Chastain and Ashley Tisdale
The Art of Making Shoes in New York City With Modern Vice
Harlem Fashion Row Fall/Winter 2013: One Step Closer: The Model Casting
#MyModamobStyle Viewer Spotlight: @MademoiselleMichelle
Sexy Lingerie For Every Body Type
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...