Need a special hostess with the mostest present? White chocolate and gummy bears – I promise you we’re onto a winner here.
As a thank you present for a special someone who likes dolly mixtures and white chocolates, I made these scrumptious home made sweets. Dolly mixtures in England are very popular with children (and some boyfriends). They are small extremely sweet candies in pastel colors. The flavours of these tiny pink/orange/green circles with white centers and mini gummy bears range from sugar to extra/extra sugar. They’re probably supposed to taste of strawberry and orange, but they just taste of sugar and blimey, are they nice. Combined with Nestle’s creamy white chocolate Milk Bar (also very popular over here with children (and some boyfriends)) you may have to eat the entire batch in one sitting. Instructions
1. Melt chocolate in microwave. (Do it the fancy way if you want with a thermometer, but we’re not going for a Michelin star here, so go wild and try the micro.)
2. If you’re like me you won’t want to go out and buy a mould just for this, so use one you already have – even if it’s one to make round choices with flowers on top.
3. Just turn the bottom of the chocolate into the top by positioning the candies on top after pouring the chocolate. The bottom of the chocolates now happen to be shaped like flowers – added bonus!
4. Allow chocolate to harden. I usually stick the mould in the freezer.
5. Pop out chocolates.
6. Resist temptation to eat. They’re supposed to be presents, remember? Oh, one won’t hurt. You should always sample what you’re giving, right?