A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cameo Soap  (Read 9272 times)
Tags for this thread: soap , melt_and_pour_soap , cameo , vanilla , mp_soap , craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

twobluestripes
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009 02:04:56 PM »

What a lovely mold! I quite like the sound of the "flavors" you added too. I love soap things that smell like foods and sweets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mitchell-b

currently knitting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009 04:56:58 PM »

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! Smiley

This made me smile - because I have a thing about both soap and cameos, *and* today I made melt and pour soap for the first time ever too, *and* I had decided to buy this very cameo mould from the company I got the m&p stuff from! Great minds think alike :-)

creepy thing is: you possibly won't believe this but I read a bit here and there on craftster a day or two ago and saw a comment posted by you and instantly loved your signature. So I "stole it" and used it for my ICQ status the day I made the soap!  Shocked
And really the same mould? Today I tried the single rose and the vase aaand the cameo bottom without cameo. I like them too, but the cameo is my favourite Wink I'd love to see your creations! When you upload them, could you perhaps send me the link or post it in here? That'd be nice!

back to topic: I just made another one. I used white vanilla for the top again, but this time I coloured the bottom part with cinnamon. Turned out great and added a good smell even though I didn't use very much cinnamon! Sadly in my town there is no shop where I could purchase fragrance oils. I think it's generally difficult to get for example cookie scented or caramel scented oil which you can use for soap making in germany. It's a pity! 

And I have to say: I do have a general cameo obsession. I love cameos on pill boxes, jewelry, soaps of course... I don't know why, but that is the way it is!  Grin

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009 05:04:08 PM by mitchell-b » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nymeria
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009 05:00:09 PM »

And I have to say: I do have a general cameo obsession. I love cameos on pill boxes, jewelry, soaps of course... I don't know why, but that is the way it is!  Grin

To me they are a timeless, classic feminine image. I'm a pretty masculine dresser and person, but I have a cameo necklace that makes me feel like prim, proper Victorian lady! (in my docs and ripped jeans... whatever it takes, right??  Grin)

ETA: Oh, and I love, love the cinnamon one. It reminds me of some stone, but I can't think of the name...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009 05:00:58 PM by Nymeria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
mitchell-b

currently knitting...

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009 05:09:48 PM »

ETA: Oh, and I love, love the cinnamon one. It reminds me of some stone, but I can't think of the name...

I think I know which stone you're thinking of, but I can't think of the name either...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nymeria
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009 05:24:22 PM »

I think I know which stone you're thinking of, but I can't think of the name either...

Oh man that is going to drive me nuts! Unfortunately I think doing a Google search for "brown speckled stone" wouldn't be much help, either!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
mitchell-b

currently knitting...

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009 02:38:26 AM »

Oh man that is going to drive me nuts! Unfortunately I think doing a Google search for "brown speckled stone" wouldn't be much help, either!  Cheesy

me too... funny thing is I googled the exact same in german and had no useable result Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CupcakeChelsea

Personal Swap Friendly! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009 04:04:50 AM »

I love this! You could probably even use the mold to make like a resin necklace or something  Cheesy Grin Awesome work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Today I woke up feeling lovely, happiness overflowin' knowin' somebody loves me."

Hi I'm Chelsea, I'd love to meet you!
jessersmisadventures

we are the knights that say nee!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009 10:59:00 AM »

Yeah, I was thinking that would make a cool necklace, too . . . maybe not with soap, lol.  But very pretty . . . wow, the macrame stuff today is like wigging me out . . . I feel like I'm in a 70's love shack, lol Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my beautiful, brand new shop! I am currently offering free shipping to all fellow Craftsters!

www.Palmyria.etsy.c om
eyeseefaeries
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009 05:20:39 PM »

Cameo necklaces are my favorite thing ever.  That soap is way too pretty to use!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jjo2009
j.jo.

how many times around the block is a marathon?

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009 09:52:50 AM »

love love love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Alice Wood Explains Wealth Watchers
Joseph Sebarenzi Speaks About His Memoir God Sleeps In Rwanda
Stephen King Reads from Under the Dome
Judy Pasternak Talks About Her Book Yellow Dirt
Vince Flynn on Pursuit of Honor
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...