A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,236
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twister Mat--What to make out of it?  (Read 1401 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2005 08:19:46 AM »

My cousin Kasey is turning thirteen in about a month! I saw these adorable PJs in Kohls:

I decided I needed to get them for her. You see, whenever she and her little brother come over, we always have to play Twister. Kasey and I are terrible; her brother always wins. Anyway, since this is such a "tradition," I decided to make her a twister clock (see featured projects) to go with the PJs. I know my mom won't get me a brand new Twister game unless I can justify using EVERY part of it.

So, I plan on using the spinner to make the clock, the box to hgold the PJs, and I'm thinking of using the mat to make some kind of tote bag. Does anyone have any other ideas for the mat?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ikillbarbies
Poor College Student

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005 01:00:14 PM »

I'm having the same problem.  I still have the mat left over from my clock and it seems too thin to use for a bag.  I'm just holding onto it until I figure out what to do.

Those pajama's are really cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YouTube Channel Home to my animations and video shorts
babble05
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005 08:41:31 PM »

NOT ALL OF THESE IDEAS ARE FOR THE LITTLE GIRL, BUT CUTE IDEAS ANYWAY!

I punched some holes (hole punch from wal-mart) in mine and used it for a shower curtain for awhile.  And when it needs cleaning all you have to do is spray disinfectant on it and wipe off, LOL.  So that was pretty cool.  You could cut out a piece to put on tabletop and then put glass over it to keep it from messing up.  You could use the mat for a REALLY expensive gift wrap, LOL, not that great of an idea, but oh well.  The mat would make a cool table cloth for a round table, with or without glass. You could buy a plastic cube from wal-mart or target and use double sided tape or clear glue to glue the mat on the outside to decorate it, that would be awesome if you could make a set, 2 or 3.

Please send me a message if you use any of these, and I would love to see pictures, K.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Refrain, confess
Contain, repress
Pretend I'm dead
Abuse myself
Confuse myself
I won't be led
candycanechild
Paper Doll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005 06:15:53 AM »

Thanks for all your ideas, but I decided to not make something for "housewares." I'm leaning toward making a tote bag. Actually, I already started and it looks cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chele75
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005 09:46:47 AM »

I just had to say that using the Twister mat as a shower curtain is genius. Wink

NOT ALL OF THESE IDEAS ARE FOR THE LITTLE GIRL, BUT CUTE IDEAS ANYWAY!

I punched some holes (hole punch from wal-mart) in mine and used it for a shower curtain for awhile.  And when it needs cleaning all you have to do is spray disinfectant on it and wipe off, LOL.  So that was pretty cool.  You could cut out a piece to put on tabletop and then put glass over it to keep it from messing up.  You could use the mat for a REALLY expensive gift wrap, LOL, not that great of an idea, but oh well.  The mat would make a cool table cloth for a round table, with or without glass. You could buy a plastic cube from wal-mart or target and use double sided tape or clear glue to glue the mat on the outside to decorate it, that would be awesome if you could make a set, 2 or 3.

Please send me a message if you use any of these, and I would love to see pictures, K.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ace
andthen some stuff

i love kitty kisses.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005 09:49:06 AM »

there was a store i used to shop at that was wallapapered woth twister mats

THIS ROCKS   Logged

.....in bed
ikillbarbies
Poor College Student

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005 11:12:28 AM »

I'm in need of a new showercurtain and was thinking of using my twister mat, but it seemed too thin.  Maybe if it was heavier plastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YouTube Channel Home to my animations and video shorts
avsceriline
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005 11:45:03 AM »

I know you have an idea already, but I had to share this...

Twister Halloween Costume: Make a suit out of the mat and white duct tape (or you could sew it, I suppose). Make a large white top hat, and put the spinner on top.

Someone at a party I went to this year had this costume and he was literally the life of the party. We had buckets of fun spinning the spinner and then vying for spots.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | staarlight: my Etsywistsflickr

I <3 personal swaps! Check out my flickr page to see what I can do.
candycanechild
Paper Doll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005 04:38:35 PM »

Thanks everyone!

In the end, I decided to go with my original idea... the tote bag. Here's some pics and a tutorial...

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=30306.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Chili in a Bread Bowl
How to make Pumpkin Pie
How to make Fried Pork Chops
How to make Chicken and Dumplings
How to make Cornbread Dressing
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner
Monsters, Monsters Everywhere

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...