A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Some Angry Angel inspiration *patterns added on page 2*  (Read 45581 times)
Tags for this thread: miniature , pattern , bear , bird  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009 07:31:50 AM »

zomgosh I want to cover my house in those tiny little chicks for easter!!  sooooo cute!  Longcat and Tacgnol are adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilyla19
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009 07:42:29 AM »

oh my....
I can never crochet those tiny little things...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Birdythemighty
Distracted by shiney

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009 07:52:20 AM »

so... tiny!!

My hands cramp up if i try to do anything too small...

i do love them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lok-Tar Ogar!

Birdy's Blog: http://birdythemighty.blogspot.com/
Pink*Marshmallow
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009 08:01:14 AM »

Those are TOO adorable!  I would love to keep one in my pocket..reach in once in awhile...and giggle!  I love love love them. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tara

http://charleerosedesigns.etsy.com
Custom Wreath Creations
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009 08:59:06 AM »

Oh how your mini amigurumi's make me go Squeee! These are adorable. Love them!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trekky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009 10:43:05 AM »

These are sooo cute!  I especially like your little chicks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Wayuki
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009 12:34:31 PM »

I asked Angry Angel if I could post my adaption of her tiny teddy pattern, and she said yes, so here it is.  Grin

I hope it's comprehensible, English isn't my first language. If you have any questions about the pattern or suggestions on how to describe it clearer, let me know.

Beary Bears

Based on Angry Angel's tiny teddy pattern: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=289504.msg3296032#msg3296032
Adapted by Wayuki.

Materials:

- Oddments of yarn in 3 colors: one for the main body, one for the ears and paws, and one for the facial features.
- A hook appropriate to the weight of the yarn. I personally used fingering weight yarn and a 2.0 mm hook.
- Yarn needle.
- A small amount of polyfill.

Note: When switching colors, the last loop you pull through the stitch before the switch already has to be in the new color.

R1: With the main body color, make 6sc into a ring.
R2: sc inc in every st around (12st)
R3: Switch to the ear color, 3 dc bobble st in the 1st st. Switch to the main body color again. Continue, increasing in the 2nd, 4th and 6th st. Switch to the ear color again, 3 dc bobble st in the 7th st. Switch back to the body color, increasing in the 8th, 10th and 12th st (18st)
R4-R6: Work even (18st)
R7: [sc next 2 sc tog, sc in next sc] around (12st). This is a good time to embroider on the face, because you can still reach the back to tie it off easily. Set the eyes low and wide for a cutesy look.
R8: [sc next 2 sc tog, sc in next sc] around (8st).
R9: sc inc in the 1st st, 3 sc, sc inc in the 5th st, 3sc (10st)
R10: 2 sc, switch to paw color, 4 dc popcorn st in the 3rd st. Switch to main body color, 3 sc. Switch to paw color, 4 dc popcorn st in the 7th st. Switch to main body color,  3 sc (10st)
R11: Work even (10st)
R12: 7 sc, sc inc in 8th st, 2sc (11st)
R13: 1 sc, sc inc in 2st st, 8sc, 3 dc bobble st in the 11th st to make the tail (12st)
R14: 4 sc, switch to paw color, 4 dc popcorn st in the 5th st. Switch to main body color, 3 sc. Switch to paw color, 4 dc popcorn st in the 9th st, 3 sc (12st). Stuff in all the yarn ends from the color switches, then stuff the remainder of the body with polyfill.
R15: 3 sc. After that, decrease til you're left with 6 st. Tie off, sew hole shut and pull yarn up into body to make sure the bottom is flat.

Note: you can easily make a cat out of your beary by replacing the ears and tail. Replace the ears with 3 dc popcorn stitches instead of bobble stitches. Replace the bobble tail with: 1 sc, ch 11, turn, skip first ch from the hook, 5 ss, 4 sc, sc back into original st.

You could make the cat version into Longcat by working straight for a bit after the increase in the 13th round. I used 10 additional rounds, but feel free to make yours loooooonger. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009 02:16:59 PM by Wayuki » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wayuki
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009 01:13:59 PM »

And here's the pattern for the chickies.

Cheeky Chicky

Materials:

- Oddments of yarn in 3 colors: one for the main body, one for the beak, and one for the eyes.
- A hook appropriate to the weight of the yarn. I personally used fingering weight yarn and a 2.0 mm hook.
- Yarn needle.
- A small amount of polyfill.

Note: When switching colors, the last loop you pull through the stitch before the switch already has to be in the new color.

R3: [sc inc in first st, sc in next st] around (18st)
R4-R5: Work even (18 st)
R6: 10 sc. Switch to the beak color, 2 dc bobble st in next st. Switch to the main body color again, 7 sc (18st)
R7: 5 sc. To make the wing, working in the front loop of the next st only, make [1 ss, ch 1, 4 dc, ch 1, 1 ss]. Continue normally, 9sc. Make another wing in the same way, 2 sc (18st).
R8: 5 sc, sc inc in the back loop behind the wing, 9sc, sc inc in the back loop behind the wing, 2 sc (20st). This is a good time to embroider the eyes, because you can still reach the back to tie it off easily.
R9-R10: Work even (20 st)
R11: [sc next 2 sc tog, sc next 2 sc tog, sc in next sc] around (12st). Stuff body.
R12: sc next 2 sc tog, around (6 st). Tie off, sew hole shut and pull yarn up into body to make sure the bottom is flat.

Teensy Chicky version:

R3: Work even (12st)
R4: 3 sc, sc inc in next st, 5 sc, sc inc in next st, 2 sc (14st)
R5: 7 sc. Switch to the beak color, 2 dc bobble st in next st. Switch to the main body color again, 6 sc (14st)
R6: 3 sc. To make the wing, working in the front loop of the next st only, make [1 ss, ch 1, 2 dc, ch 1, 1 ss]. Continue normally, 7sc. Make another wing in the same way, 2 sc (14st).
R7: 3 sc, sc inc in the back loop behind the wing, 7sc, sc inc in the back loop behind the wing, 2 sc (16st). This is a good time to embroider the eyes, because you can still reach the back to tie it off easily.
R8: Work even (16 st)
R9: sc next 2 sc tog, around (8st). Stuff body.
R10: sc next 2 sc tog, sc next 2 sc tog. Leave the remaining 4 st unworked, tie off. (6st)
Sew hole shut and pull yarn up into body to make sure the bottom is flat.

Chunky Chicky version:

R3: [sc inc in first st, sc in next st] around (18st)
R4: 3 sc, sc inc in next st, 4 sc, sc inc in next st, 3 sc, sc inc in next st, 4 sc, sc inc in next stitch (22st)
R5-R6: Work even (22st)
R7: 12 sc. Switch to the beak color, 3 dc bobble st in next st. Switch to the main body color again, 5 sc (22st)
R8: 6 sc. To make the wing, working in the front loop of the next st only, make [1 ss, ch 1, 1 dc, 3 trc, 1dc, ch 1, 1 ss]. Continue normally, 11sc. Make another wing in the same way, 3 sc (22st).
R9: 6 sc, sc inc in the back loop behind the wing, 11sc, sc inc in the back loop behind the wing, 3sc (24st). This is a good time to embroider the eyes, because you can still reach the back to tie it off easily.
R10-R11: Work even (24st)
R12: [sc next 2 sc tog, sc in next 2 sc] around (18st). Stuff body.
R13: [sc next 2 sc tog, sc in next sc] around (12st). Stuff body more.
R14: sc next 2 sc tog, around (6 st). Tie off, sew hole shut and pull yarn up into body to make sure the bottom is flat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k-roc
yarnophile

likes stuff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009 01:20:03 PM »

These are absolutely Squeeee! I am going home to make one million of them. Thanks to you both for loving tiny things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I "Wist" you'd stalk me...
http://www.wists.com/ScarlettBegonia

If you're gonna dine with them cannibals, well sooner or later darling you're going to get eaten.
ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009 01:47:37 PM »

I'm sure this will be the fling for Easter 2009.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
My Year of Flops Book Trailer
Victoria Christopher Murray Talks About Lady Jasmine
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 4
John Gillespie Talks About Money for Nothing
Mark Oppenheimer Reveals His Favorite TV Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...