A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 305,036
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Some Angry Angel inspiration *patterns added on page 2*  (Read 45747 times)
Tags for this thread: miniature , pattern , bear , bird  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wayuki
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« on: March 25, 2009 04:03:20 AM »

I saw Angry Angel's bazaar topic recently and the tiny teddies she made just made me go squee! And then I went on a mad rampage of tiny crochet thingies myself, starting with bears.

These were based off Angry Angel's bear pattern, but I made a couple of changes. The heads are much bigger, I gave them bobbles for tails and I made them 2-toned. I could post my version of the pattern if Angry Angel is fine with that.

After that, I made a Longcat and Tacgnol following the same principle.

And finally, I made a bunch of little chickies. These are also crocheted as one piece, so they're insanely fast to do.

I asked Angry Angel if I could post my adaption of her tiny teddy pattern, and she said yes, so here it is.  Grin

I hope it's comprehensible, English isn't my first language. If you have any questions about the pattern or suggestions on how to describe it clearer, let me know.

Beary Bears

Based on Angry Angel's tiny teddy pattern: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=289504.msg3296032#msg3296032
Adapted by Wayuki.

Materials:

- Oddments of yarn in 3 colors: one for the main body, one for the ears and paws, and one for the facial features.
- A hook appropriate to the weight of the yarn. I personally used fingering weight yarn and a 2.0 mm hook.
- Yarn needle.
- A small amount of polyfill.

Note: When switching colors, the last loop you pull through the stitch before the switch already has to be in the new color.

R1: With the main body color, make 6sc into a ring.
R2: sc inc in every st around (12st)
R3: Switch to the ear color, 3 dc bobble st in the 1st st. Switch to the main body color again. Continue, increasing in the 2nd, 4th and 6th st. Switch to the ear color again, 3 dc bobble st in the 7th st. Switch back to the body color, increasing in the 8th, 10th and 12th st (18st)
R4-R6: Work even (18st)
R7: [sc next 2 sc tog, sc in next sc] around (12st). This is a good time to embroider on the face, because you can still reach the back to tie it off easily. Set the eyes low and wide for a cutesy look.
R8: [sc next 2 sc tog, sc in next sc] around (8st).
R9: sc inc in the 1st st, 3 sc, sc inc in the 5th st, 3sc (10st)
R10: 2 sc, switch to paw color, 4 dc popcorn st in the 3rd st. Switch to main body color, 3 sc. Switch to paw color, 4 dc popcorn st in the 7th st. Switch to main body color,  3 sc (10st)
R11: Work even (10st)
R12: 7 sc, sc inc in 8th st, 2sc (11st)
R13: 1 sc, sc inc in 2st st, 8sc, 3 dc bobble st in the 11th st to make the tail (12st)
R14: 4 sc, switch to paw color, 4 dc popcorn st in the 5th st. Switch to main body color, 3 sc. Switch to paw color, 4 dc popcorn st in the 9th st, 3 sc (12st). Stuff in all the yarn ends from the color switches, then stuff the remainder of the body with polyfill.
R15: 3 sc. After that, decrease til you're left with 6 st. Tie off, sew hole shut and pull yarn up into body to make sure the bottom is flat.

Note: you can easily make a cat out of your beary by replacing the ears and tail. Replace the ears with 3 dc popcorn stitches instead of bobble stitches. Replace the bobble tail with: 1 sc, ch 11, turn, skip first ch from the hook, 5 ss, 4 sc, sc back into original st.

You could make the cat version into Longcat by working straight for a bit after the increase in the 13th round. I used 10 additional rounds, but feel free to make yours loooooonger. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014 05:58:13 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Edited to bring tutorial info to first post! :-) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
nykole6412

i wish i was on southpark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009 04:19:03 AM »

oh my gosh. i love the little birds....do you have a pattern for them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jatoha
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009 04:56:20 AM »

SQUEEEEEE!!!!  They are all so cute! 

I love your long cat so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long cat is preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.')
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WooWork
www.woowork.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009 05:29:27 AM »

You made pocket-sized pieces of perfection ! P.P.P.!

I love your choice of uncommon colours for some of the cute bears, like the orange/black bear and the lemon/lime bear. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View more of my crochet creations at WooWork.com
hollywood suicide

Are you scared enough

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009 05:55:43 AM »

IIIII! They are superduper cute Cheesy:D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've seen the universe in your eyes
I've seen the beauty that never dies
Fair Rosamund
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009 06:11:34 AM »

These are the cutest things I've ever seen! You should totally market them! I'd collect one in every colour  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nven
Also known as Aeramel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009 06:28:15 AM »

I'm always amazed by these tiny crochet wonders.  How do you handle something so small!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009 06:40:54 AM »

These are great! I love what you did with the teddies, and the cats are so cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucyravenscar.etsy.com
lucyravenscar.blogspot.com
lucyravenscar.tumblr.com
ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009 06:53:30 AM »

Very cute! You could make loads of chicks for easter (in Sweden te bunnies haven't caught up yet. We still have chicken for decorations) Nice table decorations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
Mienna
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009 07:21:05 AM »

Oh my goodness! Those are so cute and oh so tiny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating a Space Explosion in After Effects P.2
Creating a Space Explosion in After Effects P.1
Photoshop - Creating Star Wars Crawl P.1
Photoshop - Turning a Photo into a Cartoon P.2
After Effects:Creating an Explosion Behind Someone
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...