A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cathedral window afghan  (Read 29402 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2005 04:50:17 AM »

This one I finished about this time last year.  It was a bear to do.. lots of color changes and in parts it was just oddly written.
It took far too long to complete but I loved it.  It was on the cover of the Award Winning Afghans booklet I bought a few years ago.  It was shown hanging on a wall behind a piano and I envisioned hanging it above my staircase but I have no clue how to hang something that big, round and made of yarn.  I will make one for myself someday.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007 04:38:19 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005 09:29:23 AM »

holy crap, that's stunning!  what an amazing piece you're created!  i love the colors, too.  what kind of yarn did you work with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005 10:03:02 AM »

It was all red heart super saver.  My sister wanted something washable that didn't get too pilly like the caron one pounder does.
I know that I used the "ocean" color that is the lighter blue one and I am drawing a blank on the name of the purple colors.
She picked out the color scheme and I found the appropriate variegateds to go in it.
The rest is black. Lots of black.

I had started one for myself but I was kind of repulsed by the colors I picked so I put it down.  I got about a third of the way out - which probably sounds like a lot but it was only a few days worth of work - gets longer and longer each time around and all. I would post a pic of it since i haven't frogged it yet but it is FAR too disgusting in my opinion.

I am due to make another blanket for us here.
I will take some pics of the train blanket I made for my 4 year old.  He loves it.
I have yet to make one for my 2 1/2 year old.  It will be in either dinosaurs or animals.  He loves living or was living things - my 4 year old is a train fanatic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
modkatie
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005 08:14:37 PM »

That's so beautiful!  What an unusual pattern, I'll have to find it.  Very impressive work, well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frogsrock
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005 08:45:17 PM »

how big is that thing? it looks huge and can we get better pictures of it?

its very pretty
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005 04:06:19 AM »

It is huge.  It is probably near 6 foot across I suppose. I  didn't measure it.  I could call my sister and ask her to take a tape measure to it...
I resized the pictures.
The are in the craftster photo area and you can click on them for a bigger shot.
I will have to remember to enlarge the pics before posting them next time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
pixie_stixs
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005 05:57:43 AM »

Shocked That is one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever seen!!! You did a magnificent job! Did you create the pattern yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005 07:27:50 AM »

nope. not my pattern.  It came from a booklet called Award Winning Afghans.  I thought it was gorgeous and wanted to make it for myself.  It took a really long time to make (and I crochet fast) but the worst part was trying to decipher a lot of the pattern - here or there it was just odd.  There was one part that I did over and over again for about 4 nights.  It drove me nuts and then I finally got it.  It was probably just me getting frustrated with it all.  I was about 1/2 through and it might have been overwhelming.

I get like that sometimes - and then I have to put it down, get a better sight and move on.

Kind of like the amigurumi crochet patterns.
I wanted to make them... dove in... downloaded the asian fonts onto my computer and started it. .. only after thinking that I would never be able to..
anyone need translations on their amigurumi patterns?  I will be happy to put them in regular crochet-ese.  I loved the challenge.  I made up the pieces for my lamb last night.  I will finish it up later.

Today though I need to practice on my knitting machine.. must learn new techniques to oooh and aaaah the masses at the next demo I do... which is coming up soon!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
hollowfyre
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005 04:05:05 PM »

That is just breath-taking! You really did a beautiful job on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blissedout
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005 05:21:35 PM »

wow.............wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Adorable Easter Treats Starring Peeps
How to Make Your Whole Week Delicious With Delightful Pancake Art
How to Make Chocolate Chip Belgian Waffles
The Chocolate Ball Recipe
Mint Chip Ice Cream Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Simple Casserole Carrier
Keep Calm and Treat Mum
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...