A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gossip Girl Party?  (Read 8637 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Starberry
« on: March 24, 2009 04:32:33 AM »

Hi everyone! I just joined craftster but I've been reading it for probably about two years now. And this is my first post!

ANYWAY, I just had the idea of having a Gossip Girl themed party. More based off of the show then the books, if that matters. I'm turning 20 this year, but not for quite awhile (October!). So at this point I'm just playing around with the idea and thought that might be cool. I have basically no ideas currently, and that's why I turned to the lovely people at craftster! I think cocktails/mocktails would be pretty much mandatory, so any recipes for those? Or popular ones on the show? Also...food? I found a recipe for that grilled cheese sandwhich Serena had at the hotel in the first episode but that might not be very exciting. Decorations? Activities? (I'd rather not watch the TV show at it! Smiley ) If it helps with ideas at all my favorite characters are Chuck and Dorota and I kind of look and dress like Serena, which is actually what got me to watch the show in the first place!
Any and all ideas are welcome! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
manta.panda
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009 12:37:07 PM »

Hi, I am a fan of Gossip Girl too. I read the books before the show came out so I feel the books are the "real deal", but I also like the show also. They are very different though! Well I think you should have a party like they would on the show have everyone wear fancy attire play music from the show. Maybe have someone dress up as a maid and serve appetizers. As for games idk maybe have a triva about the show or something.

Ok I didn't have alot of ideas but hope that got you thinking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009 09:58:17 AM »

Starberry, I don't know a darn thing about Gossip Girl, but I feel like I'm neglecting my favorite category if I fail to give an idea for a party.  Here are my suggestions based solely off of what I've read about the show on various internet sites and Entertainment Weekly columns.
Mocktails: Call them gos-sippers and have a list of drinks to choose from.  I would not serve alcohol till your 21st, though, just as a precaution.  Display them as Serena van der Woodsen (7-Up, orange juice, grenadine, & lemon wedge) , Dan Humphrey (Coca-Cola, grenadine, & maraschino cherry), and Virgin Manhattan (7-Up, lime juice, & pineapple spear) so that your guests know precisely whats inside.  You can name them whatever you want, though, of course.  You can make whatever drinks you want, but the staples are Coke, 7-Up (or ginger ale), grenadine, orange juice, cranberry juice, and lime juice.  Any combination of those tastes good together.
Food: Serve play-on-word food using catchphrases/names/themes from the show.  Make little nametags for each food so everyone gets the joke.  I suggest ground Chuck burgers, 24-carrot cake (with numbers in those gold drages and gold candles), Blair Waldorf salad, veggies, cookies, chips (I got nothing on puns for these sorry!)
Decorations: bouquet of lilies, argyle-print balloons, printed out Constance Billard/St. Jude/Yale pennants
Activities: Have a table for when people first come in where they can make their own Gossip Girl name.  Give a list of suggested first, middle, and last names (include the real characters' names, but also a bunch of stuffy, stereotypical upper crust names like Julian, Reginald, Francis, Charles, Marian, Jacqueline, Jessica, Kendra, Susan, Margeaux, Wellington, Kennedy, Kingsbury, Forrester, Pendleton, the third, etc.), and provide people with Hello, My Name Is nametags.  Then have everyone call each other by their silly names.
Play some gossip-inducing board games like Marry, Date, or Dump and Would You Rather and Apples to Apples (with the requirement that any blank cards be characters from the show).
It looks like there was a scavenger hunt in one episode perhaps you could mimic that for a fun game.
If theres any way you can play pool, you can call it Constance Billiards.  Otherwise Id just have a ball and just play music and hang out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
SpartysGirl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009 11:21:02 AM »

I threw a surprise Gossip Girl birthday party last year for my ex-friend!!!  It was sooo much fun.  I made everyone dress up which of course they all complained about at first and then had a ton of fun with.  They're asking for a repeat this year.  Here's what I did.

Banner saying "Happy Birthday, Darling Alicia" in french

sliver, pale blue, and pale green streamers on the ceiling and hanging down the walls.  my roommate ended up liking these so much we kept them up all year.

Candlelight!!!! it sets the mood

I made a cake and put pale blue and pale green fondant on it in polka dots because those are one of her favorite things.  i'm not that great with fondant but it looked cute.

made the birthday girl a tiera out of wire and beads

plastic fake flutes for sparkling grape juice

for food, besides the cake, we did a mix of fresh fruit (starfruit, strawberries, raspberries, etc) and candy

after the suprise we pulled out a game cube and played keroke revolution because thats what we do when we "party", but it was fun, nonetheless.

heres the link to my facebook photo album.  the beginning you can see the decorations, the rest is just pictures of my friends Smiley  hope this helps !  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=2360989&ref=name#/album.php?aid=2558219&id=2360989
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faithincorporated.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Roux
A Top Chef Reinvents Your Wedding Registry
Chef Tim Love Makes a Creative Grilled Ham, Cheese and Tomato Sandwich
How to Make Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
Sunny Anderson’s Bottom-of-the-Tortilla Bag Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...