A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,958
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 10  (Read 10705 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlebluegirl
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2009 11:00:42 AM »

Love those tree of life pendants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2009 02:30:36 PM »

I feel like such a donut since I have NO idea what maple candy is but really it sounds delish..I need to change my tag to say will trade for maple candy..

and princesspimp you are too funny..when I was reading your thing about the maple candy I was like she says maple candy alot..and there ya go..haa!!

Lol its ok! Its a very Canadian treat I think. All it is basically is a hard maple flavoured sugar candy, not much else added to it! I personally don't care for it but everyone I know loves it! It smells wonderful too!

That package was so much fun to put together! The nest charms were so much fun to do that I will definitly be making more for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
princesspimp81
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2009 03:15:07 PM »

I feel like such a donut since I have NO idea what maple candy is but really it sounds delish..I need to change my tag to say will trade for maple candy..

and princesspimp you are too funny..when I was reading your thing about the maple candy I was like she says maple candy alot..and there ya go..haa!!

I know right lol  I just kept typing it and couldn't stop lol  When my hubby came home I did the same thing.  I gushed about everything I got but I swear I said maple candy at least 47 times!  Maple candy (lol)  is sort of like crystallized maple syrup, so it's really strong and really sweet.  I can't eat more than like half a piece at once but it's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
deadbathducky
Never let the sun set on an argument with a loved one you can fix.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2009 12:25:53 AM »

maple maple maple
candy candy candy Grin

lol soz aussie thing he he
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember my mistakes,
remember you can change,
Remember that it's up to you...
to go and shape your life into
one that's worth of remembering...
-RTGO!

www.craftsbykitty.wordpress.com/
Kerallyn

Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2009 05:53:59 AM »

I love maple candy!  There's a restaurant near me that sells it and I get a  box every time we go there...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

I need to destash a ton of yarn and fabric.  Send me a PM if you'd like to do a personal swap for some.

I really want the (empty) glass skull bottle that Crystal Head vodka comes in, so PM me if you're willing to swap me one!
jessa_aka_jalapeno

And high in Vitamin C! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2009 11:46:52 AM »

BentoBox has already received, and I remember her saying on the main thread that she got pictures of everything except the ball before it was unraveled, and that works out because I only got a picture of the ball after it was wrapped lol

So here is the pic of the ball before it was unraveled. It looks more like a magic yarn egg.  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dsdiviny

"If I paint my turtle black it will be spooky."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2009 09:06:20 AM »

Yay!  I received last night from Ffrogg526!  We've been doing a lot of chatting throughout this swap and she sent me just the most awesomest package!

Okay, I believe in pics, excessively!

The first thing I noticed about the package when I pulled it out of the mailbox was how good it smelled.  I nearly ran home to tear it open.

The grand opening!  Ffrogg526 is very smart.  I wasn't so kind:

Candid cat shot.  Honey thanks you for her new box (Honey, the cat, has a "thing" for boxes):

The prize:

The result (I could not have been bothered to wind while I tore into it, it was too heavy!).  I really really love this variegated purple/white wool yarn. 

I have been really wanting to make myself to crochet slippers, and that's what I got, plus a crochet magazine, and a fun new age magazine (you cannot go wrong with a magazine that has fairies on the cover, that's all I'm saying):

Look!  I was good and rolled the yarn!  My package came with several handmade thank you and happy birthday cards (plus envelopes), an Ashville NC sticker, a personal letter (thank you!), Ffrogg526 favorite tea (which is so beautiful), yummy scented Tibetan candles, three quartz stones, a quotable magnet, a bamboo (I love bamboo!) afghan/tunisian hook, a notebook with hand-written quotes and designs inside (I took the pictures at 4am this morning and no one else was conscious to help me flip through it to take pictures of everything), a magnet notepad, skully scrap fabric, and hand-painted river rock:

There was also a maroon and skully hook rollup, and I really love those colors together!  Some Vietnamese (litchi) gummies, more hand painted river rocks (by hand painted I mean by Ffrogg526),  sea glass (perfect because I needed these for an upcoming project), crochet flower motifs, and foam skullys:

The not-so-chewy-center:

More pics of everything:

Closeup of river rocks:

The tea:

There was also a beret I forgot to get a pic of.

Thank you so much for everything! 

I have one birthday present to finish and my mom's day present to put together, then I will make my slippers and post the pics from that over the weekend.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009 09:09:03 AM by dsdiviny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcha345
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2009 09:20:53 AM »

Your package looks awesome. Smiley

My dad is Vietnamese and bought me some of those gummies once when I was really little.

Not a fan. :-p

Those are GORGEOUS rocks though! :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2009 10:12:58 AM »

Everyone has such awesome balls!  (heh heh, sorry, had to)

Love all of the pretty yarn. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
Kerallyn

Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2009 11:29:32 AM »

Ok, so my partner received a last week, but hasn't had time to post pics, so here's my shots of what I sent to imthecutest81:

The ball:

The stuff I made:  These include a Hello Kitty crocheted shoulder bag, Helly Kitty painted cork board with shrinky dink push pins, shrink dink earings in the form of Link's shield from one of the Zelda games, an amigurumi flower person, and a bracelet with a hand painted glass bead

And here are the extras:  She had a lot of crocheted flowers in her wist, so I sent her a bunch of yarn and other materials that I like to use to crochet flowers along with a selection of patterns and hooks.  There's also some candy and other assorted trinkets, stickers and craft supplies. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

I need to destash a ton of yarn and fabric.  Send me a PM if you'd like to do a personal swap for some.

I really want the (empty) glass skull bottle that Crystal Head vodka comes in, so PM me if you're willing to swap me one!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Penmanship Better
How to Illustrate Anime Characters
How to Buy Calligraphy Ink
How to Design Anime Feet
How to Design Funny Cartoons
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...