A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 10  (Read 9828 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009 10:17:55 AM »

I will be sending out probably on Tue or Wed..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009 01:01:09 PM »

I received my MAGIC YARN BALL from GamerGirl and I am only about half way through of unraveling it.  My children are having a blast guessing which item will be freed next.  Sooo many awesome goodies!!  I will of course post photos later after I am finished with it. 

This reminds me of christmas as a kid when I would wrap my brother's gift and use duct tape to seal the box up completely.  A pain in the a$$ but worth every minute!!

Thank You, Gamergirl!  I am loving everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
deadbathducky
Never let the sun set on an argument with a loved one you can fix.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009 08:38:35 PM »

cejaypi got my yarnball today, despite the problems.

ohhh swap anziety(?) is setting in. the yarn ball i made hasnt got as many big things as the others. i hope she likes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember my mistakes,
remember you can change,
Remember that it's up to you...
to go and shape your life into
one that's worth of remembering...
-RTGO!

www.craftsbykitty.w ordpress.com/
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009 08:00:06 AM »

Alrighty, on to the MANY pictures of the complete SPOILING gamergirl did for me! 

Picture of intact yarnball.  This thing is HEAVY!! :

Patterns.  A lovely cabled scarf and awesome little autumn leaves.  (I love scarves, cables and autumn is my favorite season!)  She did her homework!!!:

A knitting/ felt magazine!  Can you believe that this is my first knitting magazine?!?  YES!  And there is a pattern for a fulled bag that I was looking at on ravelry!  SWEET!  Lots of fantastic felting ideas!

This lovely piece is a needle roll for my circulars and then room in the back for some longer straights.  I love the glittery, purple fabric and corduroy rocks!  I love corduroy. 

Next is the item that totally took my breath away!  It is something directly from my wist.  A gorgeous little handmade bowl with a cut out for yarn to be fed through.  I hate it when my balls are bouncing all over the place.  (haha, had too, sorry.)   Cheesy

action shot:

I am obsessed with mustaches.  (don't ask, I really don't know why!!)   Wink  She made me this awesome coffee mug with the stache on the side.  LOVE it!!

I really didn't have any stitch markers!  I always used a paper clip or scrap yarn... not anymore! 

Chocolate and Coffee.  Must I say more??  Smiley

A cute little pouch (Did you make this too???  It looks sooooo professional!!)  and note cards!  I love notecards!  Can you ever really have too many note cards?  NO!  You cannot!   Cheesy

I had to get these in because they are fabulous and I will make more of these after I use them up!  Little blank notes with coordinating envelopes!  I love these!  So simple yet they look so nice! 

And a group shot!  There are many things that I did not include on this post:  Buttons, kitty treats, toys for my kids (which they are playing with right now, btw), vellum stickers, sparkly pens, bracelets, hair clips, iron on patches... sooo much love stuffed in this ball! 

(Oh, and please excuse the date. Apparently, my son thought it would be a good idea to change it. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Ahhh, to be 8yo again.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
GamerGirl
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009 08:55:50 AM »

I'm so glad you liked it all! I had alot of fun going through your wist's and trying to make stuff! As far as the little cards, yeah those almost didn't make it into the ball lol. And the zippered pouch is made by me. I love making them so I give them to everyone Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009 10:44:05 AM »

what wonderful treats!  i really dig that yarn ball holder.  what a great idea!  and btw i love the color of the yarn.  it goes so well with the purple of the holder and it fits inside so perfectly!

very cool stuff, gamergirl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
deadbathducky
Never let the sun set on an argument with a loved one you can fix.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009 06:54:04 PM »

great stuff:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember my mistakes,
remember you can change,
Remember that it's up to you...
to go and shape your life into
one that's worth of remembering...
-RTGO!

www.craftsbykitty.w ordpress.com/
princesspimp81
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009 07:24:38 PM »

awesome yarn ball and goodies!  i'm getting super excited to get mine lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009 07:37:50 PM »

I am getting close to being done your princesspimp! Just a couple little crafted things to make and one supply to buy for your pattern! I will PM you with details later!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
cejaypi
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009 10:23:38 AM »

cejaypi got my yarnball today, despite the problems.

ohhh swap anziety(?) is setting in. the yarn ball i made hasnt got as many big things as the others. i hope she likes

Cejaypi LOVES! Don't worry Smiley

I received, despite some trepidation as to where it was going  Grin ( I have bad luck with Western Australia - I once had my identity stolen by someone in Western Australia, and then a few years later, I had a business meeting in Perth and had crappy jinxed luck the whole time, so I am not surprised at all that Western Australia tried to steal my Magic Yarn Balls!!)

Before the adventure of unraveling....

I love the brightness of the yarn, ready for bright over here where Spring is being very slow to arrive - and LOVed the little charming bottle full of charms!!

And then the loot...

The cute cat toy, the awesome knitted ring, the adorable cupcake stuffy, candy candy candy, soap tape (fun!) and the cutest magnet painted to look like my Demimi (see avatar for his cute little face) - all so cool, but I have to say I am OBSESSIVELY in love with the little sewing box that "pops" open - OMG, so darn cute I can't quit playing with it. And the little clothes pins, I have them hanging things up all over my craft arena - awesome! This was well worth the wait deadbathducky!!! I hope you like yours when you receive!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Red Carpet Hairstyles
How to Do Urban Hairstyles
How to Do Teased Hairstyles
Bria Murphy Behind-The-Scenes For Dark & Lovely
Hair How To: The Grecian Twist
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...