A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby room for DD!  (Read 2984 times)
Tags for this thread: nursery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babiestarlite13
« on: March 20, 2009 03:31:23 PM »

I had a baby on February 28th!  She is amazing and motherhood is all it's cracked up to be, and we had so much fun decorating her room!  Grin
We didn't want to overdo it on the pink like so many people do, so we decided to break it up some instead of doing the whole room pink.  Im not one for long winded introductions, so onto the photos!

Her closet.

Dresser area

Changing table/nursing area (got the changing table for freeeeeee!!!!)

Close up of border

Her crib (she wont be using it until we get a bumper pad set)  Her name on the wall!  Smiley  O!!  and the crib was only $50!!!

The rug (we chose this rug because we are going to do pink/white gingham curtains and bumper set)

And I know you're all dying to see these! (maybe I'm just dying to show you!)

Baby Kierstan complete with the full head of hair that caused 9 months of heartburn

And the silly hat pix.  (daddy loves that hat!)

And I would like to say that we spent very little on the walls decorating.  We spent about 25 on paint, and then 15 dollars total for all of the wall decorations.  I got wall stickers and the border from the dollar tree!   Grin  And just fyi, when the paste on the border sucks, cuz it will.... mod podge is your best friend!

Also, the crib picture is the truest to color, my camera sucks apparently.

Comments and criticism appreciated  Grin
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009 03:40:35 PM by babiestarlite13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nomishona
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009 03:45:49 PM »

The baby room looks lovely!  I like the fact that it's not too pink.  Congrats on being a new mom!!!!  Grin  Also, my niece (who turns 2 in August) is also named Kierstan, but they spelled her name Kirsten.  Kierstan is so adorable!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy where I post my created patterns:
www.Nomishona.etsy.com
babiestarlite13
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009 04:21:11 PM »

thank you!   We decided on that spelling so people might say Keerstan instead of Kursten.....  so far ppl say it how they feel like....  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nomishona
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009 04:25:08 PM »

thank you!   We decided on that spelling so people might say Keerstan instead of Kursten.....  so far ppl say it how they feel like....  Roll Eyes

Yeah, that's the problem they're worried about with it spelled Kirsten because of the whole Kursten thing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy where I post my created patterns:
www.Nomishona.etsy.com
kirby_kurd
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009 05:44:17 PM »

I love what you did with her room!  We're renting a campus apartment (college students, surprise baby lol), so no painting for us.  Would you mind sharing where you found the rug?  I'd like to find some cheaper, non-permanent items to make her room look a little more girly, but as we live in the the UP of Michigan, we're basically limited to Walmart and shopping online.

Congratulations on motherhood!  I'm overdue and the anticipation is killing me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smrfchic
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009 06:19:08 PM »

She is completely and totally precious!! I love her expression in the silly hat pic.

I would suggest thinking about moving the changing table - she is going to start grabbing those mini blinds soon!  Also, you might want to rethink the bumper pad - they're not recommended to use anymore since they're a SIDS risk. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
babiestarlite13
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009 06:22:47 PM »

i got the rug at walmart!!  They have some really cute ones!   

The changing table was only put there originally because his family tends to have jaundice.... and she did.  I wont have it there permanetly.  I will have to look into the bumper pads then, thanks for the heads up, and thanks for the comments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeleyes410
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009 06:42:16 PM »

First and foremost congrats on the baby! She is a beautiful little girl!! I had my son Jan. 14th :-)
We have some of the same wall stickers from dollar tree for my dd's big girl room!
You did a TERRIFIC job and LOVE the bargains! My favorite thing in possibly the world is when things look amazing on the cheap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JLMS
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009 08:04:34 PM »

The room looks great, and the baby is just beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jennabutala
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009 04:53:41 AM »

Baby room is really well decorated and your baby is very cute, enjoy the motherhood
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint a Mural With a Projector
How to Mix Acrylic Paint Colors
How to Keep Acrylic Paint from Drying Too Fast
How to Paint a Simple Background with Acrylic Paint
How to Paint with Acrylic Paint: Perspective
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...