A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Swap Gallery  (Read 10863 times)
Tags for this thread: deer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goodtimegirl
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2009 05:33:29 AM »

The tree and birds are AWESOME!

I know it's been said before, but you all are putting my stitching to shame.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

justaddcats
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2009 07:42:49 AM »

thanks for the kind words, all!

justaddcats...I would love to learn how to make fabric timble. 

I wish I could take credit for the thimble design, but I lifted the idea straight from Hip to Stitch by Melinda A. Barta -- I found it at my local library and got a quite a few ideas from it.  Looks like this: http://www.interweavestore.com/store/p/2491-Hip-to-Stitch-20-Contemporary-Projects-Embellished-with-Thread.aspx
The directions were confusing to me at first, but in the end, turning them right-side-out was the hardest part  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty gurll
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2009 08:15:23 AM »

What a cute package! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartzb
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2009 09:48:59 AM »

I love so many things in these packages! The seed on the strawberry were so clever and that owl box. . . I bet it has been wisted soooo many times! My favorite is the birds in the tree. From what I can see in the pic makes the stitching look fab, I can't even imagine how it looks in person! How long have you been stitching?!?!?

I also love the needle book. I had never seen one until recently and now I feel like I need to do another embroidery swap so that I can make one for someone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

view my wist: http://www.wists.com/iheartzb
I have an Etsy shop! It is still very much a work in progress, but check it out anyway: Pretty Little Wishes at www.iheartzb.etsy.com
missgabbielynn

Dance like no one is watching!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2009 07:37:18 PM »

I received an awesome package from katcal today from across the seas.  OMG, she completely spoiled me ladies!!!!  WOW!!!

Here some of the things she sent me:

A lovely stitched owl.  I love the colors, and the design.  I plan on hanging this in my living room.  It has blues, tans and browns in it, and it is framed with some lovely brown fabric that matches my couch perfectly (as you can see in the background)

And a cute little embroidered turtle.  Noah looked at it and instantly said TOOTLE!  LOL  His newest addiction is turtles!

Now look at the embroidery supplies she sent me!!!  *drools*  (and some tea too....I love tea!)  It includes some red/white/blue varigated embroidery floss, two tiny spools of glow in the dark thread (I know just what I am going to use this on kat!  I am making a bug jar quilt for my son and I have wanted some glow in the dark thread to stitch on some of the bugs so they glow in the dark for a cool effect, and these colors will be perfect!!!!), some lovely face patterns from my favorite place.....Sublime Stitching, and another little kit with the thread and beads to finish it!

Now for all the lovely extras!!!  (along with the tea), I received some yummy chocolate (already ripped into it and had a piece), and three cookbooks *drools again*!!!  WOW!!!!

Katcal:  Thanks so much for everything!!!!  I am feeling very spoiled and loved today!  I completely forgot we were going to send each other goodies from our homelands. DUH!  So I will get something together to send you this week!   *slaps forehead*
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009 07:40:46 PM by missgabbielynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amurzxim
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2009 08:57:13 PM »

I received my swap in the mail today Cheesy Just as I was getting worried and coming up with things that could have happened to it in the post it was on my door step, safe from the rain. I am soooo thrilled with the goodies I received from stargardener, I feel like I should send her more stuff  Shocked 
Here's all the stuff!:
first are some extras, floss bobbins (how did you know that I needed those !?!), tracing paper (I've had a love affair with this stuff for some time now, I needed to stock up), some cute heart cherries  Smiley and a card made of bee stickers!

this beautiful pillow! star gardener claims shes only mediocre at satin stitch but I think it looks amazing!

the amazing bee Cheesy i love bees

I love the fabric

It's taken up residence on my bed  Kiss my mom wanted to steal it for the house but i said nooooo, she can get her own awesome swap partner to make her a lovely pillow  Tongue she is jealous and so are youuuu >:3

She made me two cute little key rings, but my boyfriend took the other one before i could take a picture, it was a cute little buggy, but I think this one is hilarious Wink

here it is with veteran hamburger key chain showing it the ropes
it says bee-och, by boyfriend didnt get it and thought it said bee-ooh hehheh

and this really is my favorite, stargardener, it means so much to me and I'm touched that you took the time to look up the NEDA logo Cheesy

a beautiful bracelet with a bunch of different stitches and the NEDA logo to remind me of my recovery!

thankyou stargardener, I love my package so much, it was the perfect thing for a rainy day and I had a big ol' smile on my face all afternoon! You're the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2009 09:22:42 PM »

You did that bee BY HAND?

Incredible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smacckk

Don't count the days, Let the days count for you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2009 09:33:40 PM »

Wow that bee is awesome. I shall now go hide myself in a hole because all of you put my stitching to shame Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will trade for Winter 2008 issue of Stitch Magazine aka The One With The Skirts Grin

Check out my wists!
americangothic
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2009 10:01:45 PM »

Wow.... everything has been amazing sooooo far!  love it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything worth doing, is worth doing well.
classy broad

the clumsy crafter. [formerly sprklgrl81]

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2009 10:35:04 PM »

that bee is amazing!
i feel shamed...  Embarrassed
great work!  Grin

*xo...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pooris Doe
Chicken in Tikka Masala Sauce Recipe
How to Make Pooris Bread
Chicken Curry Sauce Recipe
What Is Chutney
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...