A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 307,994
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Opeth remix  (Read 2951 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 19, 2009 07:04:49 PM »

So, I had this idea for making a band t-shirt into a dress for a baby and since I don't have that many babies around me whos parents actually would appreciate that kind of gift I decided to make it for one whos parents really would.
I got an old Opeth tee from Mike kerfelts (the singer and founder of Opeth) wife Anna and turned it into a dress for their youngest daughter Mirjam.

Here it is:

Here with leggins (store bought):

Mike looked a bit scared when I told him I wanted to give him my Opeth remix (I guess he gets that a lot from fans) but when he saw it I know he loved it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
*RoSeSaReReD*
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009 07:32:40 PM »

that is awesome!!!! great work
i love opeth soooo much!! too bad its not in my size haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cupcake23
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009 07:54:37 PM »

Very nicely done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CaityBear
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009 07:55:59 PM »

That is so adorable! I love Opeth. Tongue My boyfriend went to their concert some time ago and bought me a shirt. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ewushka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009 08:14:47 PM »

That is so adorable! I love Opeth. Tongue My boyfriend went to their concert some time ago and bought me a shirt. Smiley

Wich one did he get? The ones with pics of the band on them? Those pics are taken by my boyfriend. *bragging*
If you want to see photos of Opeth (and other bands) visit: www.framednoise.com or his myspace: www.myspace.com/ufomagnet *advertizing*

Glad you liked it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

Geek Love
Suicidal Romantic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009 10:43:41 PM »

very cool!

My boyfriend and i love Opeth..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Burning every bridge that I cross to find some beautiful place to get lost.

My Wist!
PixieSkull
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009 09:19:31 AM »

Awww! My fiancee and I just love Opeth and have already agreed that our future kids would be stylish like us. That fabric on the sides is very cute, so's the dress. It's nice to see alternative kid clothes.

The singer is awesome live, a woman screamed out "I want to have your babies!" and he said "No thanks, I already have 3, but I do enjoy practicing."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
ewushka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009 09:46:42 AM »

Awww! My fiancee and I just love Opeth and have already agreed that our future kids would be stylish like us. That fabric on the sides is very cute, so's the dress. It's nice to see alternative kid clothes.

The singer is awesome live, a woman screamed out "I want to have your babies!" and he said "No thanks, I already have 3, but I do enjoy practicing."

He's hilarious. A couple of nights ago in Stavanger Norway he tried to launch a new sign for metal, the Hook.  Instead of making horns he thought you should wave with a krooked indexfinger. Could you imagine seeing a whole audience of metal heads waving their hooks and shouting AAAARRRRRRGH! ?
He's a great guy, and he's wife's great too. I've been making lots of stuff for their kids for some time now, and since Mendez got his baby boy I've been making stuff for him too. They always seem genuinly pleased with their gifts but when they got their Bloodbath-tee for baby Mirjam when she was a couple of months old they did look a bit surprised.
The tee had a patch with a twoheaded bat holding a bloody kitchenknife, dripping with blood in the claws. Not exactly what you expect for your baby girl, but they liked it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009 11:24:31 AM »

This is so cute!  Now I really want to make one for my niece...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Le Mieux
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009 01:11:19 PM »

you're the coolest person i know!! you should deffo put up a pic of the bloodbath tshirt if you have one?

just on a side note, my dad used to live in trondheim and we used to get the ferry to stavanger to see him, and it's beautiful there  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Placemat Shoulder Purse
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...