A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Proud to be a Christian Swap; Gallery of Goodness!!  (Read 8722 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dinkime

Do you like my scrapbook monocle?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2009 01:48:40 PM »

what a lucky ducky to get a poppet!!  they are so cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2009 02:34:47 PM »

I must be really out of the loop because I've always known a poppet to be a Hoodoo witch doll (my non-Christian dad is Puerto Rican and it's semi-common there), but with this being a Christian swap I'm curious about the other meaning.  What is a poppet to you all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2009 03:00:54 PM »

I must be really out of the loop because I've always known a poppet to be a Hoodoo witch doll (my non-Christian dad is Puerto Rican and it's semi-common there), but with this being a Christian swap I'm curious about the other meaning.  What is a poppet to you all?

a poppet on craftsters  it is a type of doll
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2009 04:13:52 PM »

nikimac...The word poppet is an older spelling of puppet, from the Middle English popet, meaning a small child or doll. In British Dialect it continues to hold this meaning.. Poppet is also a chiefly English term of endearment.[1]  this is from Wikipedia....but it also has the same meaning for a magical doll used in witchcraft...BUT the poppets here are just that....a small doll....loved by many Grin
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009 04:14:56 PM by SunflowerSmiles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2009 05:43:25 PM »

there is a poppet craft-a-long that has like over 800 pgs and you can find it somewhere here in craftster.  just make a search... they are lovely open-source dolls (ghilie gives a free pattern and another craftster made some popular changes to the pattern so there are 2 basic shapes of poppets out there) many dolls are expensive patterns, so this is a very nice thing that they do here.  the poppets can be more or less human, depending on how they are styled.  they can be animals, fantasy characters, or totally human.
i have not made one yet but i thought about it.  maybe later when i am better at sewing...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009 05:44:20 PM by nataluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2009 07:35:08 AM »

I did have fun making Dreambelle a poppet although I did struggle with making it Christian themed.  I finally made the poppet a little WWJD (what would Jesus do?) necklace.   In this case I just wanted to make something that I thought Dreambelle would really want.  I did use the craftster pattern from ghilie  and with all the other tips and advice on craftster it came together surprisingly well.  I totally love Craftster!!

I also got my package from Dreambelle!  She made me some things straight from my wist!  Kiss I've been pretty sick but I hope to get pictures up soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2009 08:21:23 AM »

I currently have to use my cell to take pics and I'm disappointed I couldn't get a good picture of everything together. I received a book, a duffel bag, and an amazing poppet. (craftster poppet, not voodoo poppet)

Lukenlarry even sent me extras supplies for the poppet!

This bag is so soft and pretty, I wish I could get a better pic of the pink colors.

Felt shoes! So cute!

Cute dress with an opening in the back for her tail. (I think of poppets like big mice friends)

This was the first poppet I've seen with hair like this, I absolutely love it! It's pink with strands of different colored "tinsel".

WWJD and pearl necklace. I thought that was a great detail along with the earrings.

This picture is because she's starting to show "personality" and now I need to come up with a name. Since I received her from this swap, I'm thinking about Grace or Faith.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimberly_Star
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2009 08:29:25 AM »

That poppet is adorable and I agree that her hair is great!

I really like the duffle bag as well.  I love the big white polka dots!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2009 09:19:24 AM »

The bag is darling.  I do see the appeal of the Craftster-type poppets - she is soooo darling!  It reminds me of the kids show Johnny & the Sprites.  Other faith-based names for her could be Hope or Eden or Charity or Mercy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
Kimberly_Star
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2009 05:23:06 PM »

Congratulations are in order!  We have all received!!  MsMia got my package today and I got hers today!  We will both be posting pics tomorrow.

There are 4 more people to leave feedback for and I will do so and "close" the swap once all the pics are posted.

Thank you all for such an easy-breezy first swap organizing experience!  You are all awesome and I can't thank you enough!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips for Skincare and Finding Your Tone
Elevator Makeover - From Country Girl to City Chic
Elevator Makeover - From Hot Mess to "Too-Hot-to-Handle"
Elevator Makeover - Theodore Leaf Reveals Secrets from the Set
Elevator Makeover - Beachy Waves and Accessories for a Wedding Outfit
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...