A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 306,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Proud to be a Christian Swap; Gallery of Goodness!!  (Read 12117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009 09:36:16 PM »

Oh man, spoiled again!  GK's wife sent me tons of stuff!

Everything!

Tons of stuff for my 2 1/2 year-old Kirby - a dove shirt that matches my ankle tattoo, a book about Jesus, a Star Wars robot (Tar Wars! Lobot!) bag, a beach ball, a little craft kit for him to color Jonah & the whale (fishy!), and a fun magnet from her state.

The stuff for soon-to-be-born little Frankie - a matching dove onesie, a Star Wars diaper/wipes holder (with wipes!), and a Star Wars burp cloth.

Some great earrings and a lovely necklace and a wonderful Rejoice barrette...and a belt kit (How'd you know my jeans keep showing my butt crack right now?!)!

And finally a wonderful plaque with a sweet saying about children being from the Lord - perfect for the boys' room - and a precious little pot complete with sunflower seeds.
Thank you so so much.  I appreciate all your thought!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
IllusionsOfNormal

Some pursue happiness, others CREATE it!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2009 07:49:12 AM »

What great swap packages so far! 
I love the matching tshirt & onesie - that looks like Picasso's Dove of Peace, LOVE IT!  Those magnets with the names of God are awesome!  And the Mark 9:23 plaque is so nice...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

my wists:  www.wists.com/IllusionsOfNormal
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2009 08:35:09 AM »

It is one of Picasso's doves.  Wasn't he a clever man?  I was really curious why she asked what my tattoo looked like and I love that the 3 of us will be matching!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
sparrowowl
Tutorial Contributor

shiny!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2009 11:19:49 AM »

ok ummmm I received from my partner just now...and I'm totally blown away and grinning from ear to ear...my partner..sparrowowl....went above and beyond!  I was spoiled rotten!  I'm going to be taking pictures and posting after dinner....Sparrowowl! you rock girl!  thank you thank you!
Grin  I had more fun making everything, and couldn't have asked for a more perfect swap in return!

It looks like we have all been so blessed with INCREDIBLE swaps!  I love the way every package reflects the Craftsters personality, life, and faith. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
KCMonkey
Silly Monkey

Except that one. . .and Mickey Dolenz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2009 11:51:47 AM »

Ow Wow, such beautiful packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:
Missing my awesome evil minions and wishing they were here
Going Christmas craft crazy
In love with the miracle of modern medicine
Needing to brush my shedding dogs

My Gigantic Wist
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2009 12:02:10 PM »

i got yelutci's package today and WOW: totally nailed my color tastes!!
this is the i-don't-know-how-many-th time now (including personal swaps) that i have tried to spoil by sending extra, and i've gotten a mysteriously small package in return and then have been pleasantly surprised to see that the other person has managed to pack way more amazingness into a small package than i did into one or two large ones!!  i think some people are just EFFICIENT.  plus she knows how to crochet, which has always seemed magical to me...  but anyway, super rainbowy pictures (prefect for this weirdly rainy/hailing day) are coming up later on. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
yelutci

Gus, don't be a giant snapping turtle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2009 12:40:03 PM »

Grin yay-I was hoping you'd have a chance to pick it up before Easter  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've heard it both ways.

I'm looking to swap some knit &/or crocheted crafts for handmade CP/HP soap.
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2009 04:54:22 PM »

the good thing about my weirder than usual schedule this semester is if i can't do something before friday i usually can ON friday.  now... pics of my rainbow happies from Yelutci!!

first off, small things in the box.  which is decorated on the inside with verse quotes - so nice!

so we have bookmarks, notice the detail-ness below!
the card explains that she decided my theme should be the Noah's Ark account with the rainbow, for destruction and renewal and God's care during that (i am not saying this as well as it was said).  which is a great idea to be reminded of, especially in these precarious moments of modern life.
so we have rainbow coasters and rainbow bookmark
--> note, my 2 favorite yarns/threads ever.  i buy these even though i don't know how to make anything out of them, just because of their colorfulness.

also angel accents that my MIL will totally love (just about to make her package to send to South America, so that's handy!)
also cat buttons in a style that looks like blue and white china, that i will find a way to turn into jewellery
also another (turquoise!!) bookmark in a cross.  dh might get that one cos all the rainbowness is scaring him.  Grin

then we have the scarf of many colors which is to remind that Joseph's life also had that whole destruction and restoration thing going on.

it is modeled rather clashingly by the spare chairbed in the livingroom... which makes it look like an awareness ribbon for rainbows addiction syndrome (which i have, anyway  Grin) but really i was just trying to show you guys the clever shape/construction of it.

are you guys noticing the great theme-keeping and all the great crocheting going on here?!
but there is more!

a magazine that i am sure i will find some cool things to make in, and a great washcloth that was in the theme of "cleanliness is next to Godliness"... which is really funny cos ... well, the reason i didn't make an action shot is, i was kinda scroungy today.
detail shot:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  what a lot of work and great ideas went into this ~ i love it all!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009 03:58:57 PM by nataluna - Reason: fix links? i hope » THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
dinkime

Do you like my scrapbook monocle?

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2009 09:53:39 AM »

i got my package from malbert the other day!!  fun fun stuff!!

a (paper) cross covered with awesome ribbon!!  love this!  need to find a place to hang it up -- probably in my scrap room Smiley

smaller ceramic cross -- all hand painted & one of my favorite verses Smiley -- will probably hang in my scrap room, too Smiley

wall hanging with hooks -- beautifully done!!  i know this will hang in my scrap room -- i am always needing hooks in there, so it will be perfect!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009 09:56:01 AM by dinkime » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KCMonkey
Silly Monkey

Except that one. . .and Mickey Dolenz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2009 12:54:52 PM »

Oh I love the ribbon cross, that is getting wisted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:
Missing my awesome evil minions and wishing they were here
Going Christmas craft crazy
In love with the miracle of modern medicine
Needing to brush my shedding dogs

My Gigantic Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
And the sun is still here...
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...