A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ashford loom versus Kromski loom  (Read 6682 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 18, 2009 04:26:16 PM »

Which is better?

I've been looking at the Ashford 32" rigid heddle loom for over a year now and am <i>finally</i> able to purchase one. When I went to the site I was going to order from I noticed the Kromski rigid heddle loom, I don't recall seeing it before. I found a review online where one person reviewed a bunch of the rigid heddle looms but I would like to get other peoples opinions on this before I go purchasing something that costs so much. @__@; Which do you prefer to use and why? Any help would be greatly appreciated! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
SensiblyTacky
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009 05:45:13 AM »

I have only used the Ashford loom but I love it! I have the 32" rigid heddle and have no complaints. It's a great loom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Laura22

Hmmm.... what to make today????

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009 09:52:07 AM »

I have the 24" rigid heddle by Ashford and I really like it a lot Smiley  I haven't used a Kromski though, sorry Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog :  http://photographybylaurapearce.blogspot.com/

Flickr:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/lpphotography/

Twitter:  laurapearce22

I'm always up for trades and swaps, check out my trade page on Ravelry
http://www.ravelry.com/people/LauraPearce/stash/trade
Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009 03:34:33 PM »

Thank you both so much for your input! ^__^ I think I prolly am gonna end up going with the Ashford one. I've been wanting it for so long after all! XD The thing about the Kromski that looked neat was that it folded up. I have a super small space so I liked that idea of it... though I did see yesterday where someone mentioned hanging thier Ashford up on the wall, since they had a small space as well. I'm thinking of trying that. Gonna think on it a few more days before I order anything though. Don't wanna get buyers remorse. @__@;

Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
SensiblyTacky
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009 06:49:48 AM »

Tsuki,

I have my loom hung on my wall as well. I live in a small apartment and I am hard pressed for space! Hanging the loom works out perfectly! I can take a picture of it for you to see what I have done with my loom space. I also occasionally hang yarn on the loom too. heheheh It just looks so pretty!! I can't help it!

Good luck with loom purchasing!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009 09:38:17 PM »

I would love to see a pic if you don't mind. ^_^ <3 Might give me an idea as to go about hanging mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oscar Wilde
Laura22

Hmmm.... what to make today????

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009 12:08:16 PM »

I think at 32" that folding won't be that big of a deal, it's going to be wide even folded so hanging it on the wall will probably work better for you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog :  http://photographybylaurapearce.blogspot.com/

Flickr:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/lpphotography/

Twitter:  laurapearce22

I'm always up for trades and swaps, check out my trade page on Ravelry
http://www.ravelry.com/people/LauraPearce/stash/trade
SensiblyTacky
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009 01:15:17 PM »

Tsuki,

Here are some shots of my loom hanging on my wall. Nothing special, but just so you could see how I conserved a bit of space. My fiber stash is inside the hamper, the basket on top is full of delicious finished handspun, my banjo to the left, aaaaand of course the loom. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

henofthewoods
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009 09:10:13 AM »

Maybe it is too late by now, but I have the Kromski. I have not used an Ashford. The Kromski folds and travels in its bag (good - we all use them in my class so we can do homework.) The Kromski also has a warping board built into the back, so you don't need a separate item. I recently made two warp chains that missed the center four stripes of color in my planned warp. I was able to put one chain on, notice that I was not going to have enough ends, see what was missing, flip the loom, make a third chain with the missing portion, flip back and finish my warping. It was a long day, but I did not have to commit an angry person's axe murder or shrink the width of my shawl.
It would have been easier to have a separate warping board, but they go for $100 or so, so I am happy not to have bought one.
Either way, get a stand. Don't try to use the loom with tables, they are never quite right.
Enjoy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Devilish Deviled Eggs Recipe
Cajun Shrimp Sauté Recipe
Succulent Grilled Ribeye Steak Recipe
Juicy Kitchen Grilled Chicken Strips Recipe
Creamy Cooktop Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...