A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
371 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 200
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Another Crafty Detective Swap!! send outs extended to 5-08!!!  (Read 66707 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

battenberg
Dancing queen

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1170 on: April 21, 2009 03:19:38 AM »

Ok last time I looked at this thread we were on page 81!!! I do not have patience or time enough to read 36 pages! Undecided

Just thought Id say even though you dont know who I am, dont worry, I am here Wink Everyone appears to be leaving clues as to who theyre stalking... So heres a few...

1. We have the same problem with allergies.
2. One of the things you wanted is something I make a lot of.
3. You dont like one of my favourite colour schemes!
4. You have good taste in hot men Wink (I havent been perving on anyones other halfs, Theres mention of a celebrity! But does my stalkee even have another half?? Wink Hehe)
5. 2 things you want to learn, I do as well.

I was so worried about making it too obvious but I think Im getting the hang of this mysterious malarky Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for boredom is curiosity.  There is no cure for curiosity- Dorothy Parker.
smacckk

Don't count the days, Let the days count for you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1171 on: April 21, 2009 03:45:36 AM »

My clue (for my stalkee) for the day :

We have been in the same swap but have never paired up before.

I'm (hopefully) going to be a crafting machine this weekend! Grin

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009 03:46:35 AM by smacckk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will trade for Winter 2008 issue of Stitch Magazine aka The One With The Skirts Grin

Check out my wists!
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1172 on: April 21, 2009 05:50:27 AM »

Oh.My.God.
I go away (thanks to an absolutely horrific computer worm with a compound of malware and adware thrown on to add insult to injury...) and you guys write I can't even begin to guess how many pages!!

Long story short - facebook infected me in a big way and  crippled my computer and the virus software found nothing at all.  nada zip a great big goose egg... so my husband has been working on restoring my computer.  He finally installed ubuntu which is what he uses - after partitioning the sickly windows side to fester all by its lonesome - and I am using that... which is okay.  It acts almost the same as windows but sadly a lot of the programs I used regularly will not run on ubuntu.  I might be offline again for a few days when he blows away the windows and reinstalls and then the fun will continue. .... granted I won't be using windows again for a long time.  David has been reading up on how to get ubuntu to work with at least a few of my programs - like Embird for my embroidery, etc...

Okay... stalkee... I have made a set of _____ then decided that you would not like them... so I made another set of them and now that I came back online  only to find out I missed the mark on the colors so those are set aside... have no fear though since that was not all the crafting I have done (funny what you can do when you do not have a computer to tempt you) and I made the most incredible large that I think I could have made for you.  I had the fabric already set out and it is just amazing and came out fantastic and I am so proud of it!!

I have to go.  I just wanted to check in and say I'm still here!  I'm back - at least for a little bit - and I will read up this evening and see what all I have missed.. pages and pages and pages of entries... I might need to make myself a spreadsheet and see if I can logic puzzle my way to figuring out who my stalker is!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1173 on: April 21, 2009 05:58:03 AM »

awww, craftydeb, sorry to hear about your sick computer Undecided  i think it's so sucky that there are so many intelligent people out there who have nothing better to do in their sad lives than create viruses with the sole purpose of making other people's live miserable.....jerks....

i hope your husband figures all that stuff out and that your computer is back to normal soon!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
smacckk

Don't count the days, Let the days count for you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1174 on: April 21, 2009 06:05:05 AM »

awww, craftydeb, sorry to hear about your sick computer Undecided  i think it's so sucky that there are so many intelligent people out there who have nothing better to do in their sad lives than create viruses with the sole purpose of making other people's live miserable.....jerks....

I second that!

craftydeb : ubuntu? Huh Is that like linux? My dad recently switched all the computers at home to linux and I'm still trying to get used to everything Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will trade for Winter 2008 issue of Stitch Magazine aka The One With The Skirts Grin

Check out my wists!
Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

« Reply #1175 on: April 21, 2009 06:45:06 AM »

I second that!

craftydeb : ubuntu? Huh Is that like linux? My dad recently switched all the computers at home to linux and I'm still trying to get used to everything Undecided

yes ubuntu is like a version on linux, the BF loves linux, lol he bought a laptop so he can install it on there and play around with all the cool linuxy stuff but he's an IT guy so that sort of thing excites him lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

« Reply #1176 on: April 21, 2009 07:23:29 AM »

One of my weekend projects is to install Ubuntu on an old PC we have. It doesn't require as much memory as Windows to run, so it's ideal for old machines. I've got it on my laptop, but I've never installed it myself from scratch before, so it should be a challenge Smiley

Another one of my weekend projects is to go looking for a ______ to finish making a ______ for my partner. I am looking for just the right ______ of ______, but it's the kind of thing you can't easily find at any sort of store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

« Reply #1177 on: April 21, 2009 10:10:18 AM »

so, stalkee, i just finished a set of __________ ____________s straight from your wists.  they are small, but they sure took me longer than expected.  came out really cool though.  they may have to be my medium....but then again, maybe i'll just throw another medium in there for good measure if i have the time!  i already made 2 _______ ________ AND 3 ________ ________s as small little extras.  just gotta get to work on that large.  luckily, it is portable so i can bring with me to work on while i'm in florida. 
p.s. - i'm going to florida.  i'll be there for the next 8 days but i will still be crafting away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
feelix

I love Crazy!

« Reply #1178 on: April 21, 2009 10:17:12 AM »

Holy Poo - after 2 days - I finally re-read and got caught up on this thread... for realz... I just lost hours of my life... but alas, i crossed off 18 craftsters and identify with 2 craftsters clues. Am I any closer.... not really! But it has been fun!

To my stalkee:
You are talented in so many aspects. Between your questionnaire and TONS of Stalking. I see that the time you have been on Craftster, you have been active. You seem to spoil those who you swap with (lucky craftster you have!).  I have started the first draft of ___________________. I think it will turn out a little better than I thought. I am completely nervous.

To my stalker: I'm sorry I have been MIA. My daughter was sick... which proved to be a little more trying then i thought or planned. We finally slept for 4 hours in a row for the past 2 nights. Its magical when you have sleep! My dad was also here from Canada - so between not sleeping at night, we went out to see the sites of Huntsville, AL. We went to the Botanical Gardens, NASA Space and Rocket Center, Cirque De Soleil and Food... Lots and lots of restaurants. Lizzie behaved but had her moments. Although I didn't get to do much crafting, We had a wonderful week (minus not sleeping)! I don't know if I put this on the questionnaire, but I love daises. I know random... but I think they are magical and bring happiness to my face every time I see them. I also need 81/2 x 11 picture frames. I thought I'd through that out there since I don't know your crafts.  Please know I love surprises. So if you feel inspired, feel free to run with it.

I hope everyone is having a great week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #1179 on: April 21, 2009 10:52:38 AM »

Okay clues, hmmmm.....

To my stalkee
1. you are older than me
2. you live in the US
3. We like a lot of the same TV shows, books, and you mentioned a character in your questionnaire that I LOVE!  But based on wists we have different crafty tastes
4. You seem to like neutral colors
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009 10:56:45 AM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 200 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Deal with Curly Hair
How to Deal with Fine Hair
How to Cover Roots
How to Curl Long Hair
How to Cover Bald Patches for Women
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...