A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Inchies?  (Read 581 times)
Tags for this thread: inchie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tigrisgalaxy

"It's on the internet...no stopping it now."

View Profile WWW
« on: March 18, 2009 07:41:36 AM »

Hello,

This might be a stupid question to some, but are inchies really 1x1 inch? That seems so small! Or is that code for like 2x2 inches? Sorry, I know this is an odd question, but I wanted to try something different and I don't do so well with big sheets of blank peper, if you get my meaning, and though that inchies would be cool to start with, but I don't know much about them, so thanks to whoever can help me :-).

tigrisgalaxy  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear You,
      If I stepped into your shoes for 1 day, would the grass really be greener on the other side? What would I see through your eyes for 1 day? Send entry to: dearyou4mee@gmail.com. Sign with first name, city and state/country.
Me
mynameis_jinx
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009 09:27:13 AM »

Yep, one inch tall by one inch wide.  Smiley  It doesn't seem like much, but it can really bring out your creativity.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tigrisgalaxy

"It's on the internet...no stopping it now."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009 11:13:16 AM »

Wow...that is small, but hey, I guess that's the rules  Smiley Thanks for your help!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear You,
      If I stepped into your shoes for 1 day, would the grass really be greener on the other side? What would I see through your eyes for 1 day? Send entry to: dearyou4mee@gmail.com. Sign with first name, city and state/country.
Me
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009 05:00:12 PM »

Here are some inchie links:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=289263.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=296965.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=268943.0

They are small! But that makes it even more amazing when you see the details some people put on them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twobluestripes
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009 02:39:10 AM »

I feel a little silly asking about something that seems so basic too!

But what do you go with them? (I mean, of course you can do anything you want with them, but what do you guys generally do with them? magnets? in frames? collect them in boxes and look through them for fun?) They seem fun to create.

They also remind me of a sculpture installation in the international terminal of the San Francisco airport that I quite like. I can never remember the artist's name, but I could spend hours looking at it. The little panels he uses may be 4x4 inches? But they are very detailed and some are very innovative, and there are hundreds and hundreds of them. It's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
panthermoon
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009 11:20:16 AM »

I have some from a swap that I put in a small book. I also have a lot of them from a swap that are still loose, but will do something with them as soon as I have an idea for it.

Some people frame them at about 50 or more at a time. Or individually. I've seen them used as magnets or charms too. I've also seen them added as elements on larger collage works, ATCs or chunky pages.

Just for info there are people who do 2 inch squares, I think they are called twinchies?They don't seem to be as popular though. And some people do round inchies, but I've never seen any. Inchies are fun and some people will tell you addictive as well.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand Subject Placement
How to a Use Polarizing Filter
How to Create Visual Unity Through Color
How to Use Studio Fill in Light
How to Understand the Concept of a Centered Subject
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...