A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amazing Crochet Motif Swap Gallery  (Read 14474 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

myklia
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2009 09:55:15 AM »

I think my favorite is the red one with the variegated center. It looks like it has a lot of texture!

Exactly, I was going to say that red one especially looks even more fabulous in person.  I really love them all.

Thanks so much for posting pics zatanna.  I am closer to being able to use my camera, but I still have so much work to do in order to clean out my office some to feel more functional.  When I get the chance, I'll post pictures so hopefully you can see some close ups.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2009 02:09:57 PM »

Ok, I figured out the whole upload pictures from camera to new computer thing.  Didn't go as smoothly as I would have thought, but whatever, it is all good now.  So here are the pictures I took of the beautiful motifs I received from zatanna.

I really love this red one:

Again, thank you so much for such beautiful motifs.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2009 06:59:33 PM »

They are even nicer up close Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2009 07:26:34 PM »

So, the hot water is out at my house (aGAIN! *sigh*) so I went over to my friend's house to shower this evening.  Now, I use his address for receiving swap packages because there isn't really a good place for the mailman to leave anything bigger than a letter at my house.  Anyhow, he's all, "Oh yeah, you received a package. Sorry 'bout that."  Man.  Best friends. You've gotta love them sometimes!

Anyhow, it was from craftADDchick.  I'm heading off to bed now, so you're all going to have to wait until the morning to see the amazing job she did.  (She made a Canadian maple leaf!  Just try doing a search for patriotic Canadian patterns.  Do it... you'll see!  I'm still in shock!)

Ok, I really should be in bed now.

Thank you craftADDchick!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zuliblu
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2009 09:13:27 AM »

As for Zuliblu's motifs, I did them all with Lily Sugar 'n Cream 100% cotton yarn. She was wanting to make a dress, so I asked if she would want cotton instead and she oked it, so I went and got it! I am glad the colors were ok, because I was a small bit worried they were too light, but the darker ones they had were a little to veering to neon which was a no-no!
The colors are perfect!!  I am going to buy some more yarn to add to them and hopefull have a dress or something comparable made by my Bday on June 22nd Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2009 12:24:54 PM »

Ok, I took some pictures of the motifs from craftADDchick on my scribe (shhhh! Don't tell anyone!) because it's raining here in Toronto and pictures taken inside my house look really, really bad.  These are moderately better:

I'm going to have some fun making something with these motifs:

And these three are for a special project I'm working on for my Dad for Christmas:

It's for a memory blanket.  The keyboard represents how he always tuned my piano when I was young, the Starfleet Badge is for his love of Star Trek, and the maple leaf (that just would NOT photograph well... it's really amazing!) is for his passion for things "made in Canada".  (The irony of the maple leaf being made in the USA isn't lost on me, though. ^_-)

Thank you so much, craftADDchick, both for the motifs and for organizing! You did an awesome job. ^_^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2009 03:50:52 PM »

Tee-hee! I didn't even think about the "Made in Canada" maple leaf being made in the US Wink Too funny Grin

And, that piano one almost didn't get sent- it was the one with the 33 ends (although it doesn't look like it should have 33 ends). After weaving them all in, I thought it was so cute, I almost kept it! But then, I realized I didn't have a use for it, and I did make it specifically for your memory blanket, so I sent it Wink The pattern is from the piano scarf posted here on Craftster. If I get my courage up, I may make a full-sized one as a present. It was fun to make (and the weaving in, taken in small chunks, wasn't that horrible)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2009 04:07:18 PM »

Here are the motifs I made for myself as I was making them for MareMare and fantasticmio. They're pretty much the same as those that I made for MareMare (and some of the ones that I made for fantasticmio).

I think these last 2 are my favorites! I'll be laying them all out this week to see how I should arrange them for my blanket. Then, I'll start crocheting them together!

And, I'll be leaving feedback in just a jiffy. If it doesn't appear in your profile in about an hour, let me know...

Thanks everyone for such a great swap! I can hardly wait for the next round Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cejaypi
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2009 12:10:30 PM »

Back home now and had some great packages awaiting me including the following great motifs from Z -

I can't wait to get some time to put these all together now and make an inspirational throw for the couch in my craft arena!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2009 12:45:51 PM »

Very nice motifs! I really like the one in the center of the top picture! And, simple as it is, the cross one in the bottom pic is lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Rules to Wearing Dark Lipstick Like a Pro
The Trick to Covering Up Age Spots
The Nail Art Trend Is Over
Top Picks for Eye Shadow Primer
C&C Try: Apple Cider Vinegar Treatments
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...