A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amazing Crochet Motif Swap Gallery  (Read 14260 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2009 02:14:39 PM »

Gorgeous motifs!! I really can't choose a favorite! I really do like the black & white one at the bottom there MareMare/fantasticmio. And, dsdiviny/midnight7649, I love the bright blue/aqua one in the middle of the second picture. And, love2teach/myklia, I also love the giant flower! Also, midnight7649/cejaypi, I think that blue one in the upper left of the group shot is fabulous!!

And, I want to know where they all came from Wink  Because there are a bunch I'd like to try out... I suppose I could go through each pic and my books to figure it all out... but asking is so much less time consuming Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2009 02:26:50 PM »

Okay, I've updated the sent/received/posted pics status on the first page of the gallery thread. Let me know if anything is amiss...

I've noticed that a couple of folks have posted pics, but didn't PM me to tell me they have received. I can't stress (or beg) enough how helpful it is for you to PM me when you send and when you receive. It's important for me to know when you've received so I can know when to leave feedback for your partners. Thanks to those of you who have been so great about keeping me informed Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2009 02:50:26 PM »

Ok, that didn't take as long as I thought it would!

For the patterns I used you can find them on my blog here for craftADDchick's and here for MareMare's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2009 03:17:41 PM »

Ok, that didn't take as long as I thought it would!

For the patterns I used you can find them on my blog here for craftADDchick's and here for MareMare's.

Hmmm... you used motifs from a book I don't have... yet Wink It is on my Amazon wishlist, and may make it to my bookshelf soon Grin

I think I'll be starting my blanket during vacation. I'm thinking of using the Waldo's Puzzle as the central motif, and putting the rest in random patterns around. The Summer Sun and Dreamweaver squares will either be in the corners (if I can make 2 complimentary motifs) or... somewhere else on the blanket Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2009 06:53:00 PM »

I love the circle one that looks like it is red, black, and white made by midnight7649.

I am not always a fan of crazy, funky yarn, but I love it in the rounded square that fantasticmio made.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2009 08:07:59 PM »

When I saw that last black and white one, my first thought was that it would make a great trivet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
Wyked
Wyked Crafty

Living the life, one block at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2009 09:18:06 PM »

I've been curious while I was browsing patterns for motifs...what IS a trivet..exactly?

And now...Onto the pictures of the motifs from Cejaypi!

Thank you so much for the wonderful motifs! I can't decide on just one favorite so I'd have to pick the skull, spiderweb, and black & red one. Mind you I love them all~now just what to do with them...I can't wait to see the rest of them...and everyone else's too!

Such a great idea for a swap, I hope to see more in the future. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2009 09:30:54 PM »

I received from Myklia, hoorays! They are very lovely and a great mix of colours and textures. She obviously put a lot of care into them!

In the first pic we have a pretty red flower that is seriously big. I am thinking of using it as a 'doily' for a funky bowl. There is also a super-light maybe mohair (?) triangle motif that is gorgeous!

In the second picture we have a fluffy, purple circular motif that I am thinking of also using in a 'doily' fashion, but I think I am going to bring it for my desk at work. The two smaller (cotton thread maybe?) motifs are really bright and pretty and mesh really well together, so I think I am going to sew them onto a blank canvas bag I have so I can tote around crochet things in it!

Not pictured is a wee wool (?) grey circle that the cats have somehow made off with while I was at work. It is about and inch or two across, so I am sure they found it perfect for carrying around in their teeth and hauled it under the bed or something!

Thanks again, I love them! I am the last dang person to send, but I have tomorrow off, so I have ALL DAY *whew*. Love my new job but it's exhausting me...three day weekend sounds like heaven right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zuliblu
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2009 09:45:10 PM »

Ooh, I love the little orange one and the little multi-colored one Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2009 02:33:30 AM »

You should also have a little bitty one as well that is made out of hand spun yarn.  I love the idea of the big flower as doily for a funky bowl.  That is so cool.  Now I want to make one for myself.  I have a bowl that would look perfect with it now that you mention it.  The blue is not mohair though it totally seems like mohair.  It is 80% acrylic, 10% wool, and 10% nylon.  Most of the small circles were made with Lion Brand Microspun which is acrylic. The outer green edge of the one is Patons Grace which is mercerized cotton.

I love those motifs from Cejaypi, especially the first one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Erin Rooney Doland Talks About Unclutter Your Life in One Week
Naomi Wolf Reveals Her Biggest Pet Peeve
An Interview with Phil Daniels
Rick Warren Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
Gary Greenberg Talks About Manufacture Depression
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...