A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amazing Crochet Motif Swap Gallery  (Read 14334 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009 07:10:29 AM »

I like them all Grin

And now, I want to know where all of the patterns came from Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009 09:38:46 AM »

Ohhh man, I love that blue and green one on the left in the first picture. love2teach, where did you get the pattern? I'd love to make a summer spread for my bed using that in a nice cotton. (I'm one of those people who ALWAYS has to have a cover when I sleep even if it's 90 degrees. 98 Degrees? See, once again, when it's late, I ramble; it's like my fingers just take over. I should put these to good crocheting use.  Roll Eyes)

It's the Pointed Arches Octagon on page 38 of 201 Crochet Motifs, Blocks, Projects and Ideas by Melody Griffiths.  It's really easy and fast to do.  I can't remember what the yarn is though, I found a ball of it in my stash, but no label.

love2teach

Dangit my library doesn't have it.  Cry

Will your library do an inter-library loan?  Mine will request a book from any library in the state if they do not have it in house?  Worth asking.  love2teach

Will do.  Wink Thanks, I never thought to do that before.

My library's getting it!  Cheesy Thanks!

Gorgeous motifs. I love the flower square in the third set.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftineer
So many crafts, so little time.

My Furry Ones

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2009 09:46:05 AM »

I'm glad you like your motifs loves2teach.

In terms of patterns:
The Blue Heart and Granny triangle: From online search.
The Purple/Green circle and Light brown/Dark Green circle: Crochet Stitch Motifs books. Pg 157 & 199.
The Cream flower with Green square and the Blue/Fuschia square: 200 Crochet Blocks book. Pg 41(with corrections online) and pg 51.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My retirement plans include winning the lottery.

My Pinterest
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2009 12:14:05 PM »

In terms of patterns:
The Purple/Green circle and Light brown/Dark Green circle: Crochet Stitch Motifs books. Pg 157 & 199.
The Cream flower with Green square and the Blue/Fuschia square: 200 Crochet Blocks book. Pg 41(with corrections online) and pg 51.

Is that 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaten? I hope so because I have that book.  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love2teach

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2009 02:08:52 PM »

In terms of patterns:

Is that 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaten? I hope so because I have that book.  Grin Grin Grin

It's by Jan Eaton.  It's a really cool book and has a lot more information besides just the blocks.   I love all the ideas for putting the blocks together.

love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009 03:38:13 PM »

In terms of patterns:

Excellent! Thanks for sharing the sources.  The purple/green one is my favorite, and I have that book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009 10:10:57 PM »

I received my motifs from Craftineer today, and y'all are going to be SO envious! And to top it off, she even washed and blocked them, so they are PERFECT. Here's the first set - I love the variegated one:

Here's the second set. The one on the far left is not wonky, it's just my photography skills. The center of it is a knitted cable stitch, clever huh? And I love the leaf - it's a variegated brown/green mix, my favorite colors! The pink on the right is awesome too.

And last, but not least, the last one. I LOVE this one. Wait for it, wait for it.....

A paisley!! What better motif for someone who lives in Eugene, Oregon, where hippydom is a thriving and common lifestyle! Thanks Craftineer, it was a great package.

I'd like to thank both Craftineer and loves2teach for being great partners. And for being patient with me. Mine are packed up and ready to go (but unwashed/blocked  Undecided).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009 11:49:30 PM »

I'm not in this swap but I covet that paisley pattern soooo much
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009 01:27:03 AM »

Wow!!!  Those are really really amazing!!!

I have the paisley pattern in one of my books, but it looks intimidating.  My motifs are going to be a little more simple, but I am trying to slowly work my way out of my comfort zone.  I want to be challenged, it is the only way I will get better at crochet.  The third motif I am working on right now, may be more simple for the rest of you, but is a challenge for me.  Wish me luck.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2009 12:58:22 PM »

I have the paisley pattern in one of my books, but it looks intimidating.  My motifs are going to be a little more simple, but I am trying to slowly work my way out of my comfort zone.  I want to be challenged, it is the only way I will get better at crochet.  The third motif I am working on right now, may be more simple for the rest of you, but is a challenge for me.  Wish me luck.

I am still loving my paisley! Even though I haven't yet decided what to do with my motifs, the paisley is going to be awesome with the blue triangle and bright blue/green variegated snowflakey ones I received from love2teach!

And myklia, simple is good - it is grounding! Some people prefer simplicity - I do in many ways. And it's all about balance anyway, simplicity can balance many things - complexity, fussiness, intensity, loudness, chaos, etc. I find a beauty in simplicity and silence.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter N
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter X
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter Y
How to Draw Cosmo
How to Draw the Dark Knight
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...