A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,529
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amazing Crochet Motif Swap Gallery  (Read 14476 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2009 06:54:22 AM »

Pretty pretty! I love the giant flower too. And Lion Microspun is one of my faves, I love how soft it is! The scarf on their website made out of 4 colors of microspun is one of my fave things ever to make, it works up super fast and is a really cute, soft scarf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Wyked
Wyked Crafty

Living the life, one block at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2009 08:55:40 AM »

So I happened to glance at my DC# this morning and saw it was processed in a local post office, low and behold I go out to the porch and there's my package!
So here are some more motifs from the lovely dsdiviny, she managed to get all my favorite colors in my motifs!!

First we have the red & black crew, snazzy no?

Now these ones are a bit washed out on my pictures, but the blue color is actually a beautiful purple! And I've been eying a yarn similiar in colors at Wal-mart, I might just have to grab a skein or two now!!

Orange & Black!! How could I not love these?

Another skully!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thank you so much for your killer motifs, now if I can just figure out what I'm going to do with all these wonderful motifs I have. I'm so happy and these came out so awesome!

Thanks to both of you for your gorgeous color choices. I hope you enjoy your motifs as much as I covet my own. Cheesy

And dsdiviny, did you use a pattern for the spiraly one? It almost looks like Sc's on top of the square...though I'm still fairly new so I could be wrong. Cheesy Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2009 11:08:36 AM »

Excellent skull motifs! And, the black one with the variegated spiral is cool looking! And, myklia, I love the giant flower... you may be hearing from me soon, asking how to make it Wink

And, since I'm making no progress on cleaning my house for tomorrow, I may as well take a bit more procrastination time and post the pics of my gorgeous motifs from MareMare. They are so soft, and she used colors that I absolutely love!

I really, really like the yarn used on the puffy square (the photo doesn't show how subtle the highlights are), and I love the dimensional center on the other one.

The pink flower also has a dimensional center (which didn't photograph well) and I love the color combo. And the green and grey one (a color combo that is unexpectedly awesome) is such a neat looking pattern- like a granny square, but cooler Wink

The green yarn on the four-petaled one has some colored speckles in it and it's another yarn favorite. And, I really love the spiral motif on the other one.

I have vacation in a week, and I'm going to spend some time arranging my motifs (from fantasticmio and MareMare, plus the ones I made for myself) and then I'll figure out how to crochet them together. If it doesn't end up quite as big as I'd like, I can always add more motifs around the edges as I see fit. I'm pretty excited because it could end up being my first ever completed blanket/throw!

Thanks so much to my partners for making me such superb motifs! Now, I'm feeling a bit of performance anxiety for the ones that I sent...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009 11:10:12 AM by craftADDchick - Reason: Fixed a typo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2009 11:21:52 AM »

The blue speckly one is TLC, it's a little coarser than I usually like to use (not as bad as red heart super saver, but verging on it) but the color is so fun! And the green is Caron simply soft Tweed, all the tweed colors rock! They all came from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet except for the gray and green square and the square with the flower in the middle, those came from 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton, which is a totally awesome book that I recommend to anyone who doesn't have it, amazing pictures and really well written instructions. Plus, really cool pictures and charts in the beginning that show really neat ways to combine different squares from the book.

Encyclopedia of Crochet:

puffy square "Hawaiian Square" pg 195
"Pansy" pg 194 (I think I didn't work the final round since it was getting so big, I think the pics in the book are made with crochet thread)
spiral "Lazy Wheel" pg 202
4 leaf "Moorish Medallion" pg 202

200 Crochet Blocks:

3d flower square "Bright Flower (square #51)" pg 59
green and gray square "Tricolor Square (square #35) pg 51 I didn't do the 3rd round, and if somebody does this, it's not necesary to break off yarn A after round 2, you will be picking it up again in round 4

I'm glad you like em hon and I'm sorry again about misunderstanding on the ends!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009 11:22:47 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2009 11:31:46 AM »

Oh, and I totally hope this becomes a frequent swap, I just had an idea that it would be really cool to maybe combine it with the scavenger hunt type swap?? Where there are a couple categories to fulfill?

Like~
1. 1 motif is a flower
2. 1 motif has at least 3 colors
3. 1 motif uses ____ stitch  (front post double crochet ,puff, double triple crochet, bouliion)
4. 1 motif is lacy
5. 1 motif is tiny (less than 3 inches)
6. 1 motif is worked _________ (diagonally, in the round, in rows)
7. sender's choice

Something like that? It's fun to randomly pick them all out, just thinking it might be fun to have a bit of a challenge too, especially if we did this every couple months? I had a blast and it totally fits into my schedule to have this kind of on the go project!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zuliblu
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2009 11:38:51 AM »

I love the orange and black motifs, Go S.F. Giants Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love2teach

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2009 01:11:27 PM »

Oh, and I totally hope this becomes a frequent swap, I just had an idea that it would be really cool to maybe combine it with the scavenger hunt type swap?? Where there are a couple categories to fulfill?

Like~
1. 1 motif is a flower
3. 1 motif uses ____ stitch  (front post double crochet ,puff, double triple crochet, bouliion)
4. 1 motif is lacy
7. sender's choice

Something like that? It's fun to randomly pick them all out, just thinking it might be fun to have a bit of a challenge too, especially if we did this every couple months? I had a blast and it totally fits into my schedule to have this kind of on the go project!  Cheesy

Oh! That would be tons of fun.  The hardest part of this swap was narrowing down the motifs I would make.  This would help with that task.   love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2009 02:11:39 PM »

Like~
1. 1 motif is a flower
4. 1 motif is lacy
7. sender's choice

Oh! That would be tons of fun.  The hardest part of this swap was narrowing down the motifs I would make.  This would help with that task.   love2teach

That does sound like fun! Are you thinking you might organize it? I'm planning to start another Granny's Daughters Swap, and I don't think I should organize 2 at the same time...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2009 02:29:28 PM »

The blue speckly one is TLC, it's a little coarser than I usually like to use (not as bad as red heart super saver, but verging on it) but the color is so fun! And the green is Caron simply soft Tweed, all the tweed colors rock! They all came from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet except for the gray and green square and the square with the flower in the middle, those came from 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton, which is a totally awesome book that I recommend to anyone who doesn't have it, amazing pictures and really well written instructions. Plus, really cool pictures and charts in the beginning that show really neat ways to combine different squares from the book.

Encyclopedia of Crochet:

puffy square "Hawaiian Square" pg 195
"Pansy" pg 194 (I think I didn't work the final round since it was getting so big, I think the pics in the book are made with crochet thread)
spiral "Lazy Wheel" pg 202
4 leaf "Moorish Medallion" pg 202

200 Crochet Blocks:

3d flower square "Bright Flower (square #51)" pg 59
green and gray square "Tricolor Square (square #35) pg 51 I didn't do the 3rd round, and if somebody does this, it's not necesary to break off yarn A after round 2, you will be picking it up again in round 4

I'm glad you like em hon and I'm sorry again about misunderstanding on the ends!

I have the 200 Blocks Book, but it looks like I may be pushing the Encyclopedia of Crochet higher up on my wishlist. And, the yarn is written down on a sticky note and attached to my Michael's coupon Wink

And, I think we should have another round before summer so my blanket for the porch can be even bigger Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2009 02:44:00 PM »

That does sound like fun! Are you thinking you might organize it? I'm planning to start another Granny's Daughters Swap, and I don't think I should organize 2 at the same time...

Oh, I hadn't really thought about it. I could if you are still able to join but don't want to organize another one real soon, otherwise I'm sure we could all wait! I would need to wait until I'm done with march bday swap, another 2 weeks to a month.

The enclycopedia of crochet I totally go back and forth on liking. It has that aran isles muffler pattern that I love and maybe one or two other main patterns, and then quite a few I'm not into, and it has a lot of cool motifs in the back, but the patterns aren't written very well and I hate how she doesn't list "special stitches" with each pattern, ie, if it's a popcorn stitch she doesn't list how to do it, you have to go searching in the front of the book for the popcorn stitch, where it's also explained really poorly. If you can get it on sale or second hand that is awesome, don't pay full price!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009 02:44:52 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Skip That Awkward Growing-Out Phase With Your Pixie
The Most Genius Fix for Frizzed-Out Locks
Bobby Pins Get Super-Trendy in This Hairstyle Tutorial
Will This at Home Kit Make DIY Bangs a Breeze?
Rock This Easy Updo That Was Made for Warm Weather
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...