I've been eyeing this yarn at Mary Maxim for years. They have a couple of projects displayed that use it, a blanket and a wrap, and I just liked them so much!
At $20 per ball, it seemed expensive to me, but after closer inspection, I found that each ball has 300g, so not so bad after all!
I only bought one ball, figuring it would be enough for a shawl (not that I did any research on the subject... it just seemed right. lol)
After much surfing for the perfect pattern, I came across the Seraphina shawl.
It's hard to see the pattern here because the yarn is a boucle, but in person, it's quite nice. :-)
If you decide to try this pattern, I highly recommend that you research it well. The site I used seemed to have a lot of errors, that I didn't notice before starting. When I did get to them, I didn't have internet access to look them up. So, I made a lot of it up as I went.
As a consequence of the errors, I did become quite adept at frogging boucle! The trick is to loosely hold the top of the stitch with one hand while gently tugging on the yarn with the other. It was surprisingly easy!
Anyhow, I use the whole ball and got a decent sized shawl. I'm really tall, so it's not *quite* as big as I'd like, but it does keep my shoulders cozy. :-)
I'm definitely going to make another one, but not until I can sort out the pattern!