A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet Dookie Chain (Pattern Inside) and Barefoot Sandal  (Read 8609 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Keena
« on: March 16, 2009 02:35:29 PM »

Inspiration: Yokoo

So i created my own first pattern (major trail and error ya'll!!) and came up with this...

I'm VERY content with the results.  Since i was testing it out, some links looks slightly different from one another.  Much props and love to Yokoo for doin' what it do with this as a business cuz that ish is time consuming! LOL

I also made a "foot sandal" from Lion Brand yarn website. Some parts of the pattern was confusing but i just winged it. God bless my flat and fat feet  Cheesy

button for closure

DOOKIE CHAIN CROCHET PATTERN

Disclaimer: This is my very first pattern. Please test it out and see if you can find any errors or if you can suggest any way for me to make it more clearer. If and when you do, please inform me so that i can revise and modify it.

Level: Beginner/Easy
Gauge: NONE!!
Hook Size: Optional. I played with hook sizes "I" & "J"
Yarn: Any that you like. Just keep in mind, thicker the yarn, bigger the hook size you'll need to use and the bigger your chain will look
Note: This pattern you can easily improvise to your liking, have fun testing it in various sizes. The bigger the better, honey! To get the round like appearance of each chain, use your fingers to curl in the edges of the finished link. Some people stuff it with batting then sew each link closed, but that's too much work!

Directions:

First Chain

Step 1: Chain 15-22 stitches then slip stitch to close.

Step 2: Chain 1, then single crochet (SC) around the loop. Continue to SC in rounds, do about 5 rows (or more). End off.

2nd Chain

Repeat Step 1, but don't slip stitch to close yet.
Insert the chain into the previous link, then slip stitch to close.
Now repeat Step 2.

Repeat the steps until you have as many links as you like.

Once you get to your last ending link, connect the chain (Step 1) in between your first and previous links (2 links) and continue onto Step 2. End off and you're FINISHED!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009 06:23:55 PM by Keena » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewEnthusiastic

The opposite of war isn't peace it's creation!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009 02:52:17 PM »

That looks so cool, I love how bright it is
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffypants
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009 03:04:25 PM »

That is some serious bling! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poeticblue
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009 04:24:04 PM »

Keena, I got dem flat feet too, you should've heard how bad my physical therapist talked about em when I first started walking without my boot.  Cheesy  The barefoot sandal is cute though.  and of course I love the chain
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tamirive
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009 04:52:29 PM »

That chain is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
everkutz
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009 06:03:44 PM »

Awesome chain!  love the sandals too! 

My teen daughter has been wanting a crocheted chain for some time and my trial and error chains just didn't come out looking right.  Yours look great!  Nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheting is like prostitution.  First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money.  Maybe that is why they call us Hookers?
JanelleJ
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009 08:38:20 PM »

Haha! This is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009 10:42:28 PM »

SpecTACular necklace!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Keena
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009 10:07:33 AM »

thx for all of the props everybody!!!

That is some serious bling! Wink

LOL! i know righ? i haven't worn it out yet but i look forward too. so avant garde!

Keena, I got dem flat feet too, you should've heard how bad my physical therapist talked about em when I first started walking without my boot.  Cheesy  The barefoot sandal is cute though.  and of course I love the chain

thx gurr!

Sad @ you walkin with a boot. when i was lil my grandma used to threatened me to get my legs straightened and i would just imagine myself like Forrest Gump and cry!!!

Awesome chain!  love the sandals too! 

My teen daughter has been wanting a crocheted chain for some time and my trial and error chains just didn't come out looking right.  Yours look great!  Nice job!

thx love

and PLEASE! when you get a chance, test a few chains and lemme know if my pattern makes sense and works for you!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009 10:09:29 AM by Keena » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkasapeach
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009 02:28:53 PM »

ahh that necklace is amazing amazing AMAZING!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Traditional BBQ Recipes with a Twist
How to Prepare Delicious BBQ Sauce
Cranberry and Herb Turkey Burger Recipe
Express Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya Recipe
California Hamburger Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...