A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bath & Beauty Swap; Sign-ups CLOSED! Send by 04/24  (Read 11148 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nymeria
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: March 15, 2009 06:43:04 AM »

The point of this swap is to give the bath & beauty gals a chance to strut their stuff. You will craft  5 (see explanation below) of the same items, and send them to 5 people, and you will receive 5 different items in return. This is kind of like a sweat shoppe swap, only a little different.

This is open to all bath, beauty and spa crafts. CP, HP, MP soaps, tub teas, lip balms, hand salves, lotions, bath fizzies and anything else you can do that goes in the tub or makes you more beautiful! In effort to be fair to all involved, the value of your craft should be $4-7; for soap this may be one bar of soap, for lip balms, teas, fizzies, etc. it may be 2-3 items. This is not meant to discourage non-soapers (indeed its the opposite; I love tub teas!!), its just meant to keep everyone happy! Smiley

There will be a two-week sign-up period and then 3-4 weeks to mail.

If we have more than 5 people sign up (cmon all!), I will figure out a way that everyone will send 5 things and everyone will receive 5 things. If nothing else, maybe youll find some good permanent personal swap buddies. Also, like the sweat shoppe swap when you PM me, please include what you plan on making and any allergies.

Also, keep in mind that you will be receiving and sharing addresses with multiple people. There is always a risk in sharing your address on the internet. (Though I've never heard of any problems with this lovely community. Smiley)

Swap name: Bath & Beauty Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Nymeria
Sign-up date range: now - March 29
Date to send item by: Must send out items by April 24th
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Sure, but make sure your parents are okay with it and you are able to mail your items in the time allowed. Smiley
Organizer is aware of users with negative feedback and will not allow those members to participate: Yes and NO!

Ok the rules...

~ You must craft at least 5 of the same item, or as many as it takes to equal approximately $4-7.

~ Your craft must be one of the best things you do, this is not a time to try something new

~ CP soapers: if you are going to sign up, please make your soap as soon as you sign up so that it has time to cure for the mail-by date!

~ When PM-ing your info to the organizer (Nymeria) please also add a name and description of your craft(s).

~ a random matching of recipients will occur on or around March 29th (depending on how many people we have and how much math is involved Wink). You may contact your recipients for flavor/color/size or style options, if you are doing tub teas, fizzies or what have you. This is totally optional. You can also say I am making mango fizzies. Everyone gets mango!

~ I will be doing check in PM's, if you do not respond to check in's you will be eliminated from the swap.

~ Send your 5 items out by April 24thth. If you want to send early, that is fine, but please notify me so that I can keep track and make sure everyone sends and everyone receives. Also keep in mind that CP soapers will probably be ON April 24th to allow for cure time. Smiley

~ include any information about your project (if you use a special ingredient, if you youd like to do personal swaps, your philosophy on crafting, etc.) with your packages!

~ Sign ups close March 29th, send outs April 24th

Questionnaire to send to Nymeria;
Your craftster name:
Your real name:
Your e-mail address:
Your shipping address:
Your bath & beauty item:
Any allergies:
I have read all the rules and understand the swap. Y/ N

PARTICIPANTS & PARTNERS:

Blue = participant who has not yet sent.

Teal = participant who has sent.

Green = partner who has received.

Purple = partner who has not yet received.

Red = participant who has not yet sent and is overdue.

Strikethrough = Pau hana! (complete done and done!)

Please note that I will be checking in at least once a week. Once you have mailed, please note if you have mailed to all 5 partners (try to do it on the same day, if possible, if not, be sure to keep track of to whom you have mailed!), and provide DC numbers when possible. Obviously our 3 non-US participants will be unable to have DC's. Smiley

1. Nymeria >>> fochaux, mcook72677, fairieknits, princessketu, 1boy1girl1kitty2

2. Mcook72677 >>> fairieknits,neonpirate, maremare, thecraftycat, princessketu

3. Smittenheart >>> nymeria, nesse, ponyhuetchen, dip_n_dot,  fochaux

4. MareMare >>> thecraftycat, mrsdutt,  smittenheart, nesse, windoverireland

5. PonyHuetchen  05/05 >>> dip_n_dot, mcook72677, nymeria, fochaux, 1boy1girl1kitty2

6. Thecraftycat >>> windoverireland, mrsdutt, smittenheart, nesse, ponyhuetchen

7. 1girl1boy1kitty2 >>> mcook72677, fairieknits, princessketu, neonpirate, maremare

8. Neonpirate Nymeria (angeling) >>> maremare, smittenheart, mrsdutt, windoverireland, thecraftycat

9. Windoverireland >>> mrsdutt, nesse, dip_n_dot, smittenheart, ponyhuetchen

10. Nesse >>> nymeria, dip_n_dot, fochaux, ponyhuetchen, 1boy1girl1kitty2

11. mrsdutt >>>ponyhuetchen, dip_n_dot, smittenheart, nesse, nymeria

12. fochaux >>> princessketu, mcook72677, fairieknits, neonpirate, 1boy1girl1kitty2,  

13. dip_n_dot >>> nymeria, mcook72677, fairieknits, fochaux, 1girl1boy1kitty2

14. princessketu >>> maremare, thecraftycat, windoverireland, mrsdutt, neonpirate

15. Fairieknits >>> thecraftycat, maremare, windoverireland, neonpirate, princessketu  

Okay, that is the rotation, everyone should be sending to five people and receiving from 5 people. If your name does not appear 5 times, let me know (I've checked an re-checked, but you know how that goes!) Smiley

How did I set up the rotation? We actually have a very nice, almost balanced variety of stuff. If I did this correctly, everyone should get at least one bar of soap, one crochet/knitted item, one "other" bath item and possibly a candle! Smiley

Swap Gallery!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009 09:03:19 AM by Nymeria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
psoupdesigns
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009 12:17:20 PM »

this swap sounds fun, if i can get my other 2 swaps done in the next week i will sign up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009 03:52:19 PM »

Mmm, have to think about what I will make. Definitely soap. And, I forgot to mention on the other thread, but to keep shipping down for you, keep your total items and package under 13 ounces so you can send it first class. First class with delivery confirmation should be somewhere around $3, not too bad for 5 packages, but if you bump up to around $6 per package with priority then you're into some moola!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Nymeria

Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009 05:47:29 PM »

Mmm, have to think about what I will make. Definitely soap. And, I forgot to mention on the other thread, but to keep shipping down for you, keep your total items and package under 13 ounces so you can send it first class. First class with delivery confirmation should be somewhere around $3, not too bad for 5 packages, but if you bump up to around $6 per package with priority then you're into some moola!

Ooooh, good point MareMare! Thank you for mentioning that!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009 05:53:41 PM »

Yep, shipping soap can kill ya! I think that's why I don't do Shop the Swap anymore.

Your soap sounds awesome Nymeria! And I've been wanting to get my paws on Miss Disney's stuff for awhile! (wow, first I typed "goodies" for "stuff" and it sounded really really wrong! not what I meant at all!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009 05:56:45 PM »

lmao! thanks MareMare, it was flattering and slightly innappropriate, my favorite combination

here is the little description i sent with my questionaire

bath teas, body balm scent to be determined, something in the lemon verbena territory most likely, but i will update when i decide for sure(this is kinda oily, but so good for your skin!), m&p soap in a cupcake scent with a pale pink tint

so yea, thats what i am making Smiley
i am so glad i am in this swap...i love b&b
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009 06:38:36 PM »

Ooh I just realized I did get feedback already, so will send in my signup as soon as I figure out what I'm going to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009 07:42:15 PM »

woot woot..party crasher..haa!! Grin Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009 08:17:44 PM »

Ooh, this sounds like fun!  Nothing like a nice relaxing soak in the tub with a good book, some soft music, and a glass of wine. Smiley

Unfortunately, the only thing I can make that's bath-and-beauty related is knitted washcloths, and I'm not sure how the level of effort of making a knitted washcloth compares with that of making a soap.  I can do customized washcloths, e.g. with people's initials.

Please let me know if I can play...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009 08:36:23 PM »

if its not good for this swap, i would love to do a personal swap for a couple! i always need good washcloths lol

though i gotta say, i think knitting a washcloth is pretty b&b related (do you think you could do a soap baggy kinda thing, i love soap wrapped in cotton to wash with)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Measure Your Head For A Custom Wig
How to make a French Twist
How to Updo using a Hair Comb and a French Twist Hairstyle
Flawless Skin Tips
Celebrity Look-Alike
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...