A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,066
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow unciorn party  (Read 599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

doglvr123
« on: March 14, 2009 05:05:05 PM »

OK, my friend Rebbecca's birthday is coming up and we decided on a rainbow unicorn theme. I'm already going to make http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=258219.0, Its perfect! Now i need insanely cheep decoration ideas for a rainbow party, we're twelve, we don't have any money to spend on stuff, well Rebbecca's 11, but still! I think I'm going to make lots of lucky stars and fill up a big glass jar of them in rainbow order for a centerpiece. Any other decorating and party favor ideas? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Insert witty remark here
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009 11:11:51 AM »

Can her mom help you out with a $10 or $15 budget for decorations?  If so, you could get some streamers and a bag of balloons for $7 at the dollar store (6 colors of streamers, one bag of multi-colored balloons).  Then you could put a big put underneath a rainbow you make out of streamers and leave the favor bags in that.  For the favor bags you can get them 20 for $1 and Dollar Tree usually has Lisa Frank ones (a good bet to find a unicorn design).  Then you can buy rainbow candies for cheap since it's Easter (Starbursts or Skittles or M&Ms would be prettiest), plus get some dollar store unicorn stickers and any bundled party favors that would be appropriate (kaleidescopes, pretty erasers, etc.).  Depending on how many girls you invite (they're usually packaged with 8-10) you could spend just $6 on the total favor bags and have them look good.  That's $14 total for a ton of streamers and balloons, plus great loot bags.  I would definitely make a pin the horn on the unicorn game, but you can do that yourself with paper, markers, glitter, and tape.  You can use one of the balloons to make a pinata, then decorate it with spare streamers to be rainbow-colored.  You'd have to fill it up, but you could put in some other cheap Easter candies and probably not spend more than $3.  You could have a unicorn race to the rainbow and make it just a wheelbarrow race but the person in front would have to wear a silly horn on their nose.  Those are always very amusing to watch, but it might get a little rowdy for an indoor game.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
doglvr123
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009 01:57:46 PM »

THANK YOU! I havent had any good ideas and this is really going to help. Its an outdoors party, so i think it could still be do-able Cheesy Thank you again, i had no idea what to do, neither did rebecca or gabi Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Insert witty remark here
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009 03:16:48 PM »

Well then you can definitely do a unicorn race!  And instead of having to buy a couple prizes you can just give the winners first whack at the pinata.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make Blue Eyes Pop With Easy Makeup Tricks
White Manis and the Best Colors to Try
Reasons Why You Should Get More Beauty Sleep
The Latest Celebrity Workout Craze
How to Wear Your Makeup Poolside
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...