A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: She Blinded Me With Science - PARTNERS - Send Out 4/20 - 5/1  (Read 14909 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

love2teach
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2009 04:11:50 AM »

Me too! That would be my dream come true. Are all of you guys scientists by trade/schooling? I am totally the slacker, majoring in film to do documentaries about you smart people and your cephalopods. Haha.

I'm not technically a scientist by trade/schooling.  I teach middle school science.  I minored in chemistry when I was in college and have always been interested in science.

love2teach
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009 08:50:02 PM by love2teach » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
spicytaco

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2009 04:37:18 AM »

I took biology and philosophy at university. Just undergrad though. I guess my work is kinda medical science.....I'm a pulmonary function tech. I wanted to work with animals, humans was the best I could find. At least I know a whole lot about lungs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
FadingHippie
and God sees a flower...

Ruffles and Pearls... and Anthropologie Delights

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2009 05:25:39 AM »

I am DEFINITELY not a scientist by trade... I actually make teeth for a living... Dental Sciences... hahaha... but while the Air Force is willing to pay for my schooling, I'm currently in school for:

Chemistry, Biochemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, and Secondary Education...

I'm going to be in school 18 credit hours a semester for the next 5 years... Only 176 credits left  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Casstasstrophe
*may contain awesome

I have a little geek in me. Do you?

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2009 07:37:08 AM »

I'm not technically a scientist by trade/schooling.  I teach middle school science.  I minored in chemistry when I was in college and have always been interested in science.

I'm not a scientist by trade either. I went to school for mechanical engineering because of my passion for physics and Newton's three laws of mechanical motion. But now that I'm all grown up, I'm just a Patent Examiner. The patents I examine are for refrigeration and air conditioners, so if any one ever took a Thermodynamics class or Heat Transfer class, I see that every day. I'm a pro on the refrigeration cycle and as you can imagine, the real life of the party  Wink  Man, if the person that I'm partnered with is a real honest to goodness rocket scientist, I may be a little intimidated! But it would also be tons of fun to see if I can out geek her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2009 07:52:07 AM »

I am definitely not a scientist by any means, in fact, I am majoring in Liberal Studies LOL!  But I love Astronomy and Entomology and am debating whether or not to sign up for this one. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
NotKnit

My best works.

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2009 09:06:18 AM »

My degree is in Communications (read: pr, journalism, etc) but I love Astronomy so I had to sign up and get my geeky crafting on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bronzfrog
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2009 09:45:21 AM »

I have a degree in veterinary technology but I haven't worked as a vet tech for over 20 yrs.   I love medicine.  Other than that I have studied some biologies and I am not good at sciences that involve math.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.etsy.com
crazyda79

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2009 10:33:34 AM »

Alright, I sent in my questionnaire!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
missriss

it smells like crafts in here...

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2009 10:50:25 AM »

I am definitely not a scientist by any means, in fact, I am majoring in Liberal Studies LOL!  But I love Astronomy and Entomology and am debating whether or not to sign up for this one. 
ah!  i don't feel alone...  i'm a dance major.  just as far from science as liberal studies..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

echo_brook
Mollusks inhabit the soft parts of my heart.

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2009 10:52:53 AM »

I am DEFINITELY not a scientist by trade... I actually make teeth for a living... Dental Sciences... hahaha... but while the Air Force is willing to pay for my schooling, I'm currently in school for:

Chemistry, Biochemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, and Secondary Education...

I'm going to be in school 18 credit hours a semester for the next 5 years... Only 176 credits left  Roll Eyes

:O I bow down! I thought pulling off a double major in marine biology and chemistry was tough! You've got something seriously awesome going for you, FadingHippie!
I guess I am a scientist both by schooling and work. I work in a molecularbiology lab during the day which is not -quite- my thing. I went into the sciences to work with animals. So I work at our local aquarium on the weekend and weaseled my way into the aquarists' hearts so they will let me play with the cephalopds. Cheesy You can all come visit me in San Diego and I'll take you on an octopus enhancement adventure Cheesy  hehe. There's nothing in the world like coming home with tiny suction cup bruises up and down yours arms (they really don't hurt - really!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Newly moved to the Tri Valley area (Dublin, CA) and would love to meet craftsters here. Please don't be shy about PMing me.

http://www.wists.com/echo_brook

I do personal swaps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Supplies You Need to Get Started with Acrylic Paint
Learn Some Acrylic Painting Techniques
How to Paint with Acrylic Paint Without Using Brushes
How to Paint on Hardboard or Wood with Acrylic Paint
How to Control Opacity and Brightness with Acrylic Paint
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...